Metal Storm logo
Necrophagist: Onset of Putrefaction or Epitaph?

Poll

Hm?

Epitaph
Onset of Putrefaction

Total votes: 39
10.07.2011 - 08:00
king_matt
So, out of Necrophagist's two only releases, which one is your favorite?

Onset of Putrefaction gets my pick. It's overall more technical and brutal, plus it has better solos. Just about every song on there is perfect, so it definitely wins for me.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
10.07.2011 - 10:11
bloodwrage
Pagan Angel
Fermented Offal Discharge is definitely my favorite song by them, but Epitaph is a much more solid album for me. I'll listen to it all the way through more often than Onset.
10.07.2011 - 15:12
INÆRIS
Epitaph has a lot of things going for it. The drums are real rather than programmed like the first record, the production is cleaner, and I think it has more power than Onset does. Only Ash Remains is one of my favorite songs, along with Stabwound. Epitaph for the win.
----
Still Life, Still Death
10.07.2011 - 16:02
munson
Oh damn, this one's a landslide. I own the ltd. edition orange vinyl of Onset, but I can't say I prefer it to Epitaph. In my opinion, Epitaph is much groovier, which I am a fan of.
10.07.2011 - 16:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Dunno both albums, only know myspace staff, so no voted but probobly 1th its older, all older are better
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.07.2011 - 17:22
Beastofmetal456
Account deleted
I heard a few stuff of each so I still have to listen to them completely. No voting for now.
10.07.2011 - 17:25
truenoacero
I like both, but I prefer Epitaph
10.07.2011 - 21:37
I see a lot of people prefer epitaph, but for me more onset of putrefaction. Overall both are great albums, they're genius... Salute.
10.07.2011 - 22:00
Metal_4Ever
Both are good but Epitaph still better
11.07.2011 - 05:59
speedsymphony
Epitaph perfectly Technical Death ever., onset of putrefaction is good to.
15.07.2011 - 22:02
Xenosimian
Onset was one of the instrumental albums that got me into tech death, along with aborted's engineering the dead and decapitated's nihilty.
culinary hyperversity and intestinal incubation are my two favourite songs.
----
This body holding me, reminding me of my own mortality
We are eternal, this pain is just an illusion...
15.07.2011 - 22:08
JD
Account deleted
Got to go with Epitaph, it's just more perfect than Onset of Putrefaction IMO, and it was my first Necrophagist's album.
15.07.2011 - 22:10
Guib
Thrash Talker
Uhm.. Epitaph !!! but it was a hard one

why ?? Seven, Stabwound, Only Ash Remains, The Stillborn One... well actually the whole album is great
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
31.08.2011 - 02:51
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
elite
Hmmm, very close, but i think Onset wins for me. Both albums i have rated almost equally. I just like how Onset flows a bit more than Epitaph, i'm kind of a bit tired of the constant guitar squeals (not sure of the official term) all through that album.