01. Grenade Prayer
02. Death To Them All
03. New Blood
04. Flames Of The Pit
05. Silence The Earth
06. Werewolf
07. Abattoir
08. Pallbearer

After the chaotic and disharmonic darkness of "Murder," Gehenna returns stronger than ever to declare the birth of World War III in 2005. Imposing, chaotic and eerie black metal is what Gehenna present with "WW" leaving behind the death/thrash soundscapes of "Murder."

The guitars annihilate everything that appears in their way with razorblade endless Norwegian riffing. The rhythm section makes the compositions sound even more imposing and raging, evoking an intense war and death-like aesthetic in the misty and sinister atmosphere. Even the cover of "WW" and the artwork of the booklet prepare the listener for the overall atmosphere and feeling that Gehenna's new release evokes with their war-oriented aesthetic.

Sanrabb can be described only as a prophet of the upcoming bitter end; spitting curses here and there with his abysmal and unearthly vocals. Along with Dolgar, the second vocalist of the band, that, hopefully, returned back to the barracks of Gehenna after sometime! No keyboards, no symphonic ideas, only some twisted and morbid atmosphere evoking synth-born ideas and grim and twisted black metal you will find in "WW." Even though Gehenna changed their line-up one more time, they show once more their misanthropic grandeur. This is what the history of Gehenna has shown: that the essence of the band remains the same even though they have changed their style and line-up many times!

The flames of the valley of G'Hinnom keep burning and exterminating in a malignant way all hope and will for life. There is no life, only death reigns supreme with Gehenna being his exceptional children spreading to the world their dismal melodies, the voices of the damned. Apocalyptic soundscapes are about to come to life in front of your very eyes; the choice will be yours if you will be on Gehenna's side or wait in bitterness for your end, because when the "flames of the pit" of G'Hinnom surround you, you'll wish you never existed?

For me, "WW" is definitely one of the best black metal releases for 2005. Gehenna shows what a great band they are and how they keep remaining up to date, doing well what they have been doing since 1993: unleashing Hell!

Written on 09.10.2005 by "It is myself I have never met, whose face is pasted on the underside of my mind."

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 39 users
22.08.2013 - 06:12
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I'll have to try this.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
22.08.2013 - 13:18
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Boxcar Willy on 22.08.2013 at 06:12

I'll have to try this.

Haven't tried this one but the ones that get most recognition are the first two albums along with the First Spell EP (Some consider First Spell a full length though)
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
23.11.2020 - 09:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
What is Norwegian riff?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 9494 | This month: 13