Metal Storm logo
MyGrain - New Album Streaming Online

Finnish Gothenburg metallers MyGrain have made their entire upcoming new album Planetary Breathing available for streaming ahead of its release. You can listen to it over here. Planetary Breathing will be released in Europe on September 27th through Spinefarm Records.

This is the band's fourth album. What are your impressions?

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: MyGrain
Posted: 23.09.2013 by Blizk

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 35 users
23.09.2013 - 22:25
Risto
Wandering Midget
Not as melodic as the previous album, which may give an irritatingly generic first impression. It's a serious grower though.
24.09.2013 - 01:06
theFIST

Seems to have the energy and most of the flow of Signs of Existence back
their self titled seemed to me more as if a cover band had written an album and just put the shout and clean parts where they are because that"s what mygrain would have done, while now they seem to be where they fit in the song again
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
24.09.2013 - 11:28
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by theFIST on 24.09.2013 at 01:06

their self titled seemed to me more as if a cover band had written an album and just put the shout and clean parts where they are because that"s what mygrain would have done, while now they seem to be where they fit in the song again

Most of what's heard from "Dreamscape" onwards can be traced back to that album, in the way the songs are written. Simple ideas get expanded very creatively, "The Ghost In Me" is a good example in particular. The main differences are that vocal arrangements are a bit more straightforward now, and indeed the fact it's a little less melodic in the guitars.
25.09.2013 - 15:24
neonxaos

It's a little more thrashy... but only a little. Technically brilliant. I think they might finally have found their groove, sound-wise. I always enjoyed their work, but this just seems to work better. Also digging all the little details that have been snuck in everyhere.

Hits total: 2074 | This month: 6