01. Manifest Decimation
02. Heretic's Fork
03. Conditioned To Death
04. Murderer's Row
05. Crossbreaker
06. Drown
07. Power Trip
08. The Hammer Of Doubt

Remember back in the day when hardcore was hardcore and thrash was thrash? Remember when that hardcore was mixed with that thrash? If you don't then you're missing out on some of the greatest music to ever rock the earth and that's what Manifest Decimation by Power Trip is like. Old school crossover that is dark, heavy and powerful.

As a relatively new band, Power Trip is pure crossover in the vein of Cro-Mags and Discharge. Manifest Decimation opens up with the title track and although may start off quiet and a bit eerie sounding, the drums kick in and everything else explodes into a thrashing experience.

This album is dirty, heavy and powerful. Every song rips with excellent riffs and solos. The drums are loud and pounding and the vocals fit perfectly with the rest of the band and have almost an echo'ish sound to them. "Crossbreaker" is probably the album's slowest song, but is still heavy nonetheless. "Power Trip" contains a very catchy chorus: "We ride as one/we are ruled by none" and every other song is filled with righteous thrashing guitars, hard hitting drums and has all the elements of the old school crossover that thrashers and punks both love.

Manifest Decimation definitely brings back the old school crossover that is fast, loud and angry. And while some may say that Power Trip is just a copy of Cro-Mags or some other crossover band and not very original (but then again what is totally original these days?), they play crossover, which is heavy, dirty, thrashy and also refreshing. If you're into crossover or just thrash in general, you should pick this one up, you won't be disappointed. Manifest Decimation is one of my new favorite albums and in my opinion one the best albums of 2013.

My favorite tracks: Every track on the album.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 10
Songwriting: 10
Originality: 8
Production: 9

Written by | 13.09.2013

Guest review disclaimer:
This is a guest review, which means it does not necessarily represent the point of view of the MS Staff.

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 52 users
11.11.2013 - 20:43
Rating: 9
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Agree with this review, it's hard and heavy, one of the few Thrash metal albums that deserve some recognition this year.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
30.11.2013 - 03:24
Rating: 6
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
"refreshing" is not a word I'd use to describe this.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS

Hits total: 4169 | This month: 11