Metal Storm logo
Suicidal Tendencies - Fan Dies After Stage Diving

Sad news from Switzerland as it has been reported that a fan has died from injuries sustained in a stage dive at a concert headlined by Suicidal Tendencies. The January 22nd show was part of the Persistence Tour that also featured Terror, Strife and Evergreen Terrace. The newspaper Solothurner Zeitung reports that the 28-year-old fan apparently landed on the ground when he dove off the stage, according to a representative of the Kulturfabrik Kofmehl venue in Solothurn, Switzerland. "Unfortunately, crowd members failed to properly catch him and he fell to the ground," says Pipo Kofmehl.

He adds: "A security guard responded immediately, helped the young man and our emergency unit reacted as well." The fan apparently did get up and walk around after the stage dive, but the venue insisted he be taken to the hospital. Sadly, the concertgoer had an epileptic seizure and died two days later at the Bern University Hospital.

An investigation was launched following standard procedure. This stage dive death brings to mind the Randy Blythe incident in which a fan died from injuries he sustained at a Lamb Of God concert in 2010. Blythe was arrested and tried on manslaughter charges but was ultimately found not guilty in 2013.

Source: loudwire.com
Band profile: Suicidal Tendencies
Posted: 29.01.2014 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 83 users
29.01.2014 - 14:08
Byners

I can't help but think of the irony... "Suicidal Tendencies"...
----
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost..."
30.01.2014 - 05:42
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
That's intense. And also, whoever let him stand up after falling flat on his face after stage diving is retarded.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
30.01.2014 - 06:04
Mattybu

Bad news, fluky but still bad to hear. Hopefully this doesn't spark the "no more stage diving/mosh pits/fun having" like the freak injuries in hockey fights that start the anti-fighting debate.

Hits total: 1740 | This month: 7