Metal Storm logo
Opera IX - Vocalist Leaves The Band

In a short but rather shocking update on the band's official Facebook page, Italian black metal legion Opera IX announced the departure of the band's vocalist Marco "The Bard" De Rosa.

Here's the statement from their page: "M. (M the Bard) announce his exit from Opera IX for philosophical-religious incompatibility and general differences."

He says: "After 10 years things have changed, I wish them all the best, but I cannot follow the band anymore. I will continue to pursue my own ideas in the other bands and projects to which I belong: The True Endless, Skoll, Darkness, A Forest, The Blessed Hellbrigade. In blood M."

Marco has been with the band since 2003 and released two full length albums with them including their latest effort Strix - Maledictae in Aeternum in 2012. How do you feel about this turn of events?

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Opera IX
Posted: 07.05.2014 by Gothmog_Motsham

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 50 users
07.05.2014 - 12:26
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Well... he was fairly average in comparison to Cadaveria. I'd like to see this band take off again. They released some good material, but haven't really followed through over the past decade.
07.05.2014 - 14:02
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
This guy was average though I have to admist Strix Maledictae was very underrated. Hope they will find a better replacement or maybe even bring Cadaveria back.
07.05.2014 - 21:51
Opethian

Written by Dark Cornatus on 07.05.2014 at 12:26

Well... he was fairly average in comparison to Cadaveria. I'd like to see this band take off again. They released some good material, but haven't really followed through over the past decade.

Dude I couldn't have said it better myself.
08.05.2014 - 00:55
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Written by Opethian on 07.05.2014 at 21:51

Written by Dark Cornatus on 07.05.2014 at 12:26

Dude I couldn't have said it better myself.

I actually find them quite unique, especially with Ossian's riffs. It's a shame that they haven't done anything special really since The Black Opera which was a masterpiece. Get another raw female vocalist and bring back those meaty riffs!

Hits total: 2158 | This month: 3