Metal Storm logo
Giant Squid - Reveal New Album Details

As you know, Giant Squid have been working on their new album. The progressive doom/post-metal band has now officially revealed all you need to know about the follow-up to Cenotes. That includes Minoans, the new album's cover artwork, tracklist and pre-orders launched as well. Feast your eyes on it below!

The band will release their anxiously-awaited new album Minoans on October 28th via Translation Loss Records. Pre-order here.

Who's excited to hear new stuff from Giant Squid?

Conceptual artwork created by guitarist/vocalist Aaron John Gregory

Tracklist:

01. Minoans
02. Thera
03. Sir Arthur Evans
04. Palace Of Knossos
05. Sixty Foot Waves
06. Mycenaeans
07. The Pearl And The Parthenon
08. Phaistos Disc

Recorded and mixed with engineer Tim Green (Earthless, Melvins) at Louder Studios in Grass Valley, CA, "the record sees the avant-garde band at their most refined, focused and vital as it fully embraces its Mediterranean leanings and lyrically excavates one of the earliest civilizations known to history; examining how the aquatic demise of the ancient proto-Greek people may foretell our own end."

Aaron Gregory comments: "Minoans is the record I've always known Giant Squid could make; ancient, exotic and other-worldly, while showing a new level of refined focus. Lyrically, the album is a giant love letter to the Mediterranean and specifically Bronze-age Greece - a region, people, and time period that deeply fascinates me - and which I feel mirrors these heartbreakingly brutal, turbulent times we live in today."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Giant Squid
Posted: 25.09.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 45 users
25.09.2014 - 13:08
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Smells like something good.
25.09.2014 - 13:32
DahliaRock

I love these guys, and just when I was wondering where they were they drop the news of the new album.. yessss <3
26.09.2014 - 18:01
necros4dead

I've always wondered about the lyrical themes of this band,as i was reading the titles of their songs from the previous releases ( The Ichthyologist e.t.c.),i had the sense that they had a love about ancient Greece or later ages because i was reading Greek words.Now they said on their own.That goes for all the Mediterranean area i suppose...
I liked The Ichthyologist record,so i'm very curious about that...
----
Lost In The Battlefield Of Opposite Extremes...
28.09.2014 - 05:27
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Been waiting for something new from these guys. More refined is exactly what I was looking for

Hits total: 1838 | This month: 12