Metal Storm logo
Gospel Of The Witches - Karyn Crisis' New Band Joins Century Media

Vocalist and visual artist Karyn Crisis has a solo project. While certain people know and appreciate her prior vocals with Crisis from 1993-2006, she is also known for her work in Ephel Duath. She has a new project with members of Ephel Duath, Intronaut and Immolation called Gospel Of The Witches and they have signed a deal with Century Media.

"This band began 5 years ago in Tuscany, Italy, as an alchemical journey between Davide Tiso ( Ephel Duath) and myself as we searched for a way to musically honor the Witches who came before me and who have been guiding me in Spirit, teaching me their Ancient Ways," explains Karyn.

The album was financed by fans via Kickstarter and Etsy and Karyn together with Davide Tiso, Ross Dolan ( Immolation), Mike Hill ( Tombs) and Charlie Schmid ( Vaura) recorded the 13 songs at The Basement Recordings in North Carolina with producer Jamie King ( Between The Buried And Me, The Contortionist). Upon completion of the album, Karyn began shopping the album and reconnected with Century Media President Marco Barbieri, who had signed Crisis back in 1993 when he worked at Metal Blade Records.

"In my opinion, Karyn is a true renaissance artist and I am intrigued by anything she puts her touch on," explains Barbieri. "She remains an undeniable icon in the annals of hardcore and metal with her vocal and live performances and I am pleased that she has been re-infected by the muse and is sharing her undeniable talents again for longtime fans as well as a new generation. Gospel Of The Witches is not Crisis, it has her fingerprint all over it lending an ear to early influences but here she and her band takes the listener on all sorts of new journeys and adventures musically, vocally and emotionally. I am proud to be working with Karyn again."

Photo by Bonnie Rae Mills, 2014

In closing, Karyn states: "I'm so excited to announce that I've signed a worldwide deal for my new band, Karyn Crisis' Gospel Of The Witches, to Century Media. Working out this new partnership is a testament to the enduring connections my art and voice have made throughout the years with industry people and fans who've continued to support me and encourage me to keep singing."

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: Ephel Duath
Posted: 20.11.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 22 users
21.11.2014 - 03:45
Jiri

If it's half of what Crisis was, Jir will check it out.

Hits total: 2607 | This month: 10