Metal Storm logo
Amberian Dawn - Former Bassist Tommi Kuri Passes Away

Unfortunately, Amberian Dawn have shared some sad news today. Bassist Tommi "Tom Joens" Kuri, which was one of the founding members of the band, has passed away. He played on the first three albums of the band before leaving in 2010 due to health issues. R.I.P.

Tuomas "Michael Thomas" Seppälä released this statement: "This shocking news hit all of us really hard. Tommi was a kind man and always tried to help other people too. He was one of the founding members of Amberian Dawn and played on 3 three albums. Tommi was also one of the key characters who helped AD on its early steps and in the early years he was also kind of managing the band. Tommi was always the guy who kept the wheels rolling and took care of the important matters and band members too. Tommi's sprit will live on in all of us who knew him and also in music of all the bands he played with.

"I knew that he had some health issues and that's why he was forced to leave AD back in 2011. He did it with heavy heart. But nobody knew how serious his condition was until now when we got this dramatic news. In fact I saw him only a couple of days ago and he was really acting like he always did: in a funny, joyful and helpful way. Tommi always cared deeply about his friends and his loved ones. Band members were like family to him and we all also loved him very much. Tommi was also my mentor at the beginning of my music career and also during his whole existence on this planet. He was the person who invited me to play keyboards in Virtuocity. That was the first real band I was playing with. After that he encouraged me to start a band of my own, which was later named as Amberian Dawn. Without him I wouldn't ever start my own band. Tommi was one of the most beautiful and caring persons I've ever known. I'll miss you buddy, Rest In Peace."

Source: amberiandawn.com
Band profile: Amberian Dawn
Posted: 01.01.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 90 users
01.01.2015 - 14:01
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Rest in peace. The strange thing is that he was this caring for his friends and band mates but they didn't know that he had serious health issues ?
----
The Fangirl.
01.01.2015 - 15:46
PocketMetal

Written by angel. on 01.01.2015 at 14:01

Rest in peace. The strange thing is that he was this caring for his friends and band mates but they didn't know that he had serious health issues ?

Maybe he just kept it to himself, some people prefer that.
R.I.P
01.01.2015 - 15:48
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by PocketMetal on 01.01.2015 at 15:46

Maybe he just kept it to himself, some people prefer that.

Yeah I can completely relate to that. Though sometimes the symptoms are too clear to ignore.
----
The Fangirl.
01.01.2015 - 22:56
lenirI

Cause of death ?
02.01.2015 - 19:34
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by lenirI on 01.01.2015 at 22:56
Cause of death ?

Read the first paragraph.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
02.01.2015 - 22:49
lenirI

Written by Troy Killjoy on 02.01.2015 at 19:34

Written by lenirI on 01.01.2015 at 22:56
Cause of death ?

Read the first paragraph.

yeah but i need details

Hits total: 2582 | This month: 7