Metal Storm logo
Barren Earth - Join Century Media, New Album This Year

Good news for Barren Earth fans today. The progressive death metallers have a new label home: Century Media Records. More importantly, Barren Earth recently finished the recordings for their third studio album which is scheduled to be released in early 2015. More details on that will be released shortly. Do you have high hopes for the successor of The Devil's Resolve? According to the group, this will be by far their best album.

The band comments: "It's the middle of a long, dark and cold winter here in Finland, however there's no limit to our excitement as the future looks really bright today! We have a new set of music about to be released, having worked our asses off to create not just another album but a piece of real substance and weight in a world of cheap thrills and quickly forgotten gimmicks. We really poured our hearts and souls on this one and it's by far our best work yet.

"For this most important release in our career, it was obvious we should only be partnering with the best possible label - nothing less than the mighty Century Media. We truly feel we could not be in better hands. This is where we want to be, the stars are aligned and all the ducks are in a row - 2015 is going to be the biggest year ever for Barren Earth!"

The band now features Faroese native lead singer Jón Aldárá (Hamferð).

Courtesy of the label

Source: barrenearth.com
Band profile: Barren Earth
Posted: 07.01.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 63 users
07.01.2015 - 19:14
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I think their debut album was the last melodeath album I actually enjoyed, so hoping for something like that again.
07.01.2015 - 19:22
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by Guest on 07.01.2015 at 19:14

I think their debut album was the last melodeath album I actually enjoyed, so hoping for something like that again.

I see them as progressive rather than purely melodeath, so I doubt they're reversing themselves too much. The new vocalist will be interesting because his clean output in Hamferd (excuse the spelling) is somewhat epic-doomy.
07.01.2015 - 19:23
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Risto on 07.01.2015 at 19:22

I see them as progressive rather than purely melodeath. The new vocalist will be interesting because his clean output in Hamferd (excuse the spelling) is somewhat epic-doomy.

Yeah they have a proggy / psychedelic / Jethro Tull-ish edge to them which helps them stand out. I don't recall what the vocals of Hamferd were like but musically they weren't bad if memory serves.
08.01.2015 - 05:58
OpenMind
Yeahhhh, can't wait !!!!!!!

Hits total: 1945 | This month: 8