Metal Storm logo
Shining (NOR) - New Album Coming, New Label

Shining (NOR) have very good news to share. The follow-up to One One One (2013) is finally coming. The experimental/avantgarde group has joined forces with Spinefarm Records for a worldwide deal that will see a new studio album released later this year supported by international touring. You can start anticipating the new material and Jørgen Munkeby says it will be one of their most varied albums.

Studio album number seven, as with Blackjazz and One One One, has been been mixed by Sean Beavan (Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, A Perfect Circle, etc.), and is about to be mastered in Los Angeles by Tom Baker (Precision Mastering).

Courtesy of the label

According to Munkeby: "Our new album is one of our most varied, encompassing the whole gamut of what we do, from the sinister ferocity and experimentation of Blackjazz to the more focused songwriting of One One One. It really is the culmination of all the best elements in the Blackjazz world! Shining (NOR) are now at the high point of our career, with several high-profile tours completed over the past couple of years, so we feel it's very fitting for us to be moving ahead with Spinefarm Records at this particular time; we are greatly looking forward to working with them to take Blackjazz to the masses around the world, and we can't wait for everyone to hear our new album!"

Upcoming shows:

2015-06-19 - Hellfest, Clisson (FRA)
2015-06-20 - Graspop Metal Meeting, Dessel (BEL)
2015-06-21 - Trolltunga, Odda (NOR)
2015-07-24 - Utkantfestivalen, Gulen (NOR)
2015-09-17 - Incubate Festival, Tilburg (NED)

Source: shining.no
Band profile: Shining (NOR)
Posted: 21.04.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 57 users
21.04.2015 - 14:10
andreosokin
SOUNDERY
That yellow stripe over the gray background hints at some interesting art direction for the new album
21.04.2015 - 17:52
Lethrokai
Well, it's Shining, so it's automatically promising, and the word "varied" hopefully implies some good ole experimentation.

So yeah, I'm excited. This album could potentially go in so many directions.
----
Sometimes you just need to roll the dice and look away.
21.04.2015 - 18:59
DahliaRock
Yusss! just couple days ago I realized I haven't listened to "One One One" for a while, put it on for a spin, and wondered what the guys were up to.. this news is like medicine
21.04.2015 - 19:04
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I really digged their last album One One One so this is exciting. I'm expecting crazy good music again.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
21.04.2015 - 23:02
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Sorry folks, but I'm expecting a letdown, like One One One was after Blackjazz. But we'll see, as I'll be checking this !
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
22.04.2015 - 00:24
Diverge
Written by Darkside Momo on 21.04.2015 at 23:02

Sorry folks, but I'm expecting a letdown, like One One One was after Blackjazz. But we'll see, as I'll be checking this !

Ditto.

Hits total: 1731 | This month: 5