04. 1854
05. City Blues
06. Sweet Meat
07. Man About Town
08. Creeper
09. Stand Over Man
10. Nothing To Lose
11. Lubricated

Four years after their last previous alum, the Australian rockers of Rose Tattoo are finally back with a new release. You probably already know that it wasn't so easy to release this one, especially when you know that Pete Well passed away last year at only 58 years old. But the guys wanted to do it, and I can tell you that Angry still want to write and sing Hard Rock so if you like the band and still listen to Hard Rock, you'll probably have a good surprise with this release. Rose Tattoo wanted to do a come back to their first love, Blues mixed with Hard Rock, and I can tell you that they found the way to do it again?

If you like good old Hard Rock, then you'll like "Blood Brothers". As always with Rose Tattoo we're in front of a classy Hard Rock music with a lot of Blues sonorities. It's catchy especially with some songs like "Black Eyed Bruiser" or "1854" and for sure, you'll listen to the whole album without any problem. Of course some songs are more powerful than some others we have some slow bluesy ones but we don't have any break here and yes, it's good to see that they're still able to play their cool "Rock n Roll". The good guitars soli, the good rhythms and of course the cool slide guitars parts are still there. "Blood Brothers" is the best album of the band since a lot of time?

The production is clean as hell, the voice of Angry is still amazing and even if Pet is not with them anymore, Dai Pritchard, the new guitarist, managed to replace him perfectly (even if of course, it's just impossible to replace Steve?). All in all, with a lot of great songs, great lyrics with serious topic actually, "Blood Brothers" is a great album of Hard Rock and believe me, lately nobody managed to release something with such quality.

That's simple, if you like Hard Rock and Blues and even Metal of course, "Blood Brothers" is a must for you. It's maybe not the album of the decade but it's a great album of Hard Rock, so if you like Rose Tattoo, AC/DC or Angel City don't miss this one. Rose Tattoo is not dead yet, hail Rose Tattoo?

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 7
Production: 9

Written by Jeff | 05.03.2007

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 21 users
05.03.2007 - 15:33
Baz Anderson

i think i am going to have to check this out seeing as i will be seeing them on tour with Masterplan and Saxon

it sounds something that might be down my street..
11.02.2008 - 22:57
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
This is a great album, I actually got into this band thanks to this review. Perfect for a long trip, really catchy and fun music!
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!

Hits total: 9053 | This month: 12