05. Thunder Roar
06. The Sign
07. Revenge
08. Under The Gun
09. Can't Stand The Heat
10. No Return
11. Last Man Standing
12. Baby Please Don't Go [bonus]

A lot of people know Mr Mat Sinner for his participation in the famous Primal Fear but actually Mat also has his own band (Sinner) a cool combo which plays a mix of Hard Rock and classic Heavy Metal. If you don't know it yet, they're definitely not newcomers (they started their career at the beginning of the 80's) and "Mask Of Sanity" is already the 12th releases of the combo. Even if the band knew a lot of line up changes they're still alive and still release albums years after years. "Mask Of Sanity" is the last one?

One cannot say that the releases of Sinner are synonym of originality. Actually, the band plays since the beginning of its career a mix of Hard Rock/Hard FM and Heavy Metal (you'll be able to understand why I can say that when you'll ear the sound of the guitars, especially during the soli). It's not so hard to find similar releases and yes, when you'll listen to "Mask Of Sanity", you'll probably say to yourself that you've heard it all before, though with a bit of honesty, you'll probably say to yourself too that it's not unpleasant to listen to the album.

That's a bit strange, when I listen to "Mask Of Sanity" I have two different feelings. On a side I really think that it's a good album of Hard Rock with catchy songs but on the other hand, it's also really basic and conventional so it can become a bit boring at the end. Actually, it will depend of your capacity to listen to a music which is not bad but not original too. "Mask Of Sanity" is all but not unpleasant but it's not really special too?

With "Mask Of Sanity", Mat Sinner and his band mates release a good album of Hard Rock which will satisfy the fans of the bands. It's nothing special and really classic but in the style it's a good release so if you're looking for something like that, if you want good Hard Rock then just have a look on the last Sinner.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 6
Originality: 6
Production: 8

Written by Jeff | 07.03.2007

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 19 users
07.03.2007 - 20:03
Rating: 9
iaberis
Advice Troll
I'll check this band...
This cover reminds me more of the Pirates of the Caribbean! Lol!
----
Bitch! Please
08.03.2007 - 03:58
Baz Anderson

this album is ok - I can only think of one word for it though, and that is 'average'

iaberis? & and ANYONE wanting to get into Sinner:
PLEASE dont start with his new stuff - his 80's and early 90's albums are SO SO good!!! much better then the stuff he is putting out now
seriously - please try 'Touch Of Sin' 'Dangerous Charm' and 'No More Alibis' - they are fantastic and totally underrated..

12.03.2007 - 13:41
iaberis
Advice Troll
Written by Baz Anderson on 08.03.2007 at 03:58

please try 'Touch Of Sin' 'Dangerous Charm' and 'No More Alibis' - they are fantastic and totally underrated..

I'll have a look now on the "Touch of Sin" now and after this, I'll try the "Mask of Sanity". I'll come back with my impressions...
----
Bitch! Please
12.03.2007 - 13:45
Baz Anderson

Written by iaberis on 12.03.2007 at 13:41

Written by Baz Anderson on 08.03.2007 at 03:58

please try 'Touch Of Sin' 'Dangerous Charm' and 'No More Alibis' - they are fantastic and totally underrated..

I'll have a look now on the "Touch of Sin" now and after this, I'll try the "Mask of Sanity". I'll come back with my impressions...

yes! but even still I think 'Dangerous Charm' is their best album!! try that!!
18.05.2007 - 15:24
iaberis
Advice Troll
So, finally I gave this album a try and it's very good. It has many great songs that vary from Hard Rock to Heavy Metal. It reminded me the sound of Lordi from time to time, but only in the music section...
It's in my "to buy list" for sure.
----
Bitch! Please

Hits total: 4295 | This month: 3