Metal Storm logo
Horna - New Album And Split With Acherontas Streaming In Full

WTC Productions presents a joyous day for black metal fanatics! The new album by Finnish black metal legion Horna is now streaming in full and available for purchase on CD and digital formats on the label's Bandcamp. Hengen Tulet is the band's ninth full-length release, as well as their second with vocalist Spellgoth. The label promises the album to renew the "foul, fetid primitivism" that was the hallmark of the band during the tenure of their previous vocalist, Corvus. The dazzlingly morbid cover artwork was designed by Pahapasi.

Additionally, WTC unveiled an additional surprise for the followers of the Finns: a split with Hellenic occult black metal horde Acherontas called Atavistic Resurgence. Fresh off this year's expansive full-length Ma-Ion (Formulas Of Reptilian Unification), Acherontas contribute three tracks to the split, while Horna contributes two. All tracks are to be exclusive to this release. CD and digital download formats are available now, with a vinyl release promised to follow.

Source: wtcproductions.bandcamp.com
Band profile: Horna
Posted: 21.09.2015 by Swietowit11

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 23 users
21.09.2015 - 18:58
3rdWorld
China was a neat
I like the 2nd artwork and the Acherontas album this year was intense, so looking forward to the split.
21.09.2015 - 19:37
Dr. Strawberry
Written by 3rdWorld on 21.09.2015 at 18:58

I like the 2nd artwork and the Acherontas album this year was intense, so looking forward to the split.

It could be better if the old man shows very skinny naked body frame. Wearing clothes with the wings looks cheesy.
22.09.2015 - 02:17
Swietowit11
Written by 3rdWorld on 21.09.2015 at 18:58

I am an unabashed fanboy of both of these bands, so when this split dropped unannounced I about fainted. The Acherontas part continues in the tradition of their splits, sandwiching a metal track between two ambient pieces. On the whole, it's a nice addendum to the excellent "Ma-Ion", and the ambient tracks are particularly strong, as they were on the album.

That said, Horna put forth some of the best performances of their career on these two releases, and honestly they have somewhat eclipsed Acherontas in the process. Their songs are some of the most mature, memorable, and varied of their career. They are made even more enjoyable as the band has never sounded tighter and the production is perfectly fitting, allowing all layers of the songs to be heard while maintaining that foul rawness that we have all come to expect from Horna (and Shatraug's projects in general, for that matter).

Hits total: 2546 | This month: 14