Metal Storm logo
Discharge - Join Nuclear Blast, Release New Video

Nuclear Blast Records has announced the signing of British hardcore punk legends Discharge. Their new album is planned for a 2016 release after some years of silence in terms of new releases. But the band has just released a brand new song. Check out the clip of the track "NWO" below as well.

Formed in 1977 by Terry "Tezz" Roberts, his twin brother Tony "Bones" Roberts and Royston "Rainy" Wainwright, Discharge is cited as a key influence by renowned artists such as Metallica and Anthrax.

The band states: " Discharge are very happy to say we've signed to Nuclear Blast Records, a label that knows the genre and believes in what we do. We love the family atmosphere that revolves around the label and we are proud to be on their roster of great bands, some of whom are friends of ours. We're excited about our new album End Of Days, with three quarters of the original classic line up (Bones, Rainy and Tezz), plus Dave on drums and JJ Janiak on vocals - who captures the original Discharge sound and spirit. Original drummer Tezz moves onto rhythm guitar, so this is the first time in the band's history that we've had a five-piece line-up. End Of Days are upon us, but it's just the beginning for us with Nuclear Blast...the nightmare continues!"

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Discharge
Posted: 05.11.2015 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 34 users
05.11.2015 - 15:21
Kais

Nuclear Blast are reaching new lows. Sigh.
05.11.2015 - 15:52
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Kais on 05.11.2015 at 15:21
Nuclear Blast are reaching new lows. Sigh.

Should be the other way around. Discharge is way too good for such a shitty label.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
16.12.2015 - 03:13
Deathmaster

I don't see how this is not good news.
----
"While I live let me live deep."-Robert Howard
16.12.2015 - 05:14
deadone
Cunt Muncher
Three posts and three great examples of how mindlessly opinionated and daft metalheads are.

The song is fine - good Crossover thrash with hints of classic hardcore and punk. Could be a little less dense in my opinion but it's 21st century production after all. Curious to hear the rest of it.

As for being on Nuclear Blast, it'll help Discharge gets its music out there. What's wrong with that?
----
Real men munch on pussy. Don't be a cockface by depriving your lady love of one of life's simple pleasures.
16.12.2015 - 09:56
no one
Account deleted
God that sounds boring to me these days, and i listen to boring repetitive shit!......old man syndrome.

Hits total: 1422 | This month: 6