Metal Storm logo
Oranssi Pazuzu - Announce New Album

Listen up, Oranssi Pazuzu fans! The Finns will bring us a new album called Värähtelijä next year. Yes, it is happening. It took them almost three years for the follow-up to Valonielu. The recordings are done and the release is set through Svart Records and 20 Buck Spin on the 26th of February. Want to know more about it? The tracklist is available below. According to them, it's their heaviest so far.

Tracklist:
01. Saturaatio
02. Lahja
03. Värähtelijä
04. Hypnotisoitu Viharukous
05. Vasemman Käden Hierarkia
06. Havuluu
07. Valveavaruus

Jun-His said of the record: "Värähtelijä is continuing where we left off with Valonielu. But it plunges deeper into the pitch black hypnosis, combines progressive song structures to more free and flowing parts. At the same time, it's the heaviest and the most atmospheric album we've done so far. The fusion between different ends of spectrum reveals new realities we've never discovered before. We really wanted this album to go to new places and to be the crossover album of genres we always wanted to do.

"To further boost the idea, the album was done with Julius Mauranen who had previously done lots of Finnish shoegaze and indie pop albums. I think it's safe to say that this is by far the heaviest stuff he has done and for us, working with a guy like him stretched our sound to way more dynamic and trippy horizons."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Oranssi Pazuzu
Posted: 14.12.2015 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 26   Visited by: 104 users
14.12.2015 - 17:18
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Excellent news!

By the way, Värähtelijä literally translates out to "The Vibrator," so I'm going to be severely disappointed if we don't get a concept album about dildos in space, Oranssi!
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
14.12.2015 - 17:24
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Auntie Sahar on 14.12.2015 at 17:18

Excellent news!

By the way, Värähtelijä literally translates out to "The Vibrator," so I'm going to be severely disappointed if we don't get a concept album about dildos in space, Oranssi!

Seriously? That's hilarious ahahah
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
14.12.2015 - 17:47
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
Awwwww yeah, great news!
14.12.2015 - 19:07
Gothmog_Motsham

Great news! I think the artwork stands for what your butt hole looks like after you use a vibrator
14.12.2015 - 19:21
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Gothmog_Motsham on 14.12.2015 at 19:07

Great news! I think the artwork stands for what your butt hole looks like after you use a vibrator

Another entry for this list then?
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
14.12.2015 - 19:49
Zap
Interesting choice of artwork, I must say.
14.12.2015 - 19:55
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I guess Costin Chioreanu was booked up with the other 42357 album artworks he's doing this week.
14.12.2015 - 20:04
3rdWorld
China was a neat
I first thought they were just colored lines but that really seems like a photo of hair hanging in front of a light.
14.12.2015 - 21:34
Gothmog_Motsham

Quote:
Another entry for this list then?

There goes the hype for this album now. Thanks a lot
14.12.2015 - 22:21
Lit.
Account deleted
Black metal AOTY for 2016. Calling it.
14.12.2015 - 23:00
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Auntie Sahar on 14.12.2015 at 17:18

Excellent news!

And now I'm gonna be disappointed if it's not about space dildos. Thanks :/
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
14.12.2015 - 23:44
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Guest on 14.12.2015 at 22:21

It'll be one of em, for sure, but if that new Elysian Blaze that's been hinted at drops next year, I think it might like a word with you
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
14.12.2015 - 23:49
Joe Zombie

Written by Guest on 14.12.2015 at 22:21

This and Cobalt will be vying for that award methinks.
14.12.2015 - 23:52
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Sorry, it's going to go to the new Lurker of Chalice and Murmuüre records.
15.12.2015 - 00:04
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 14.12.2015 at 23:52
Sorry, it's going to go to the new Lurker of Chalice and Murmuüre records.

If this is a joke I do not approve of it.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
15.12.2015 - 00:06
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 15.12.2015 at 00:04

If this is a joke I do not approve of it.

You never know, it might happen!

(Yeah, I'm just gonna keep throwing Father Ted gifs at you).
15.12.2015 - 02:12
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Guest on 15.12.2015 at 00:06

You never know, it might happen!

Around the time that Scar Sighted came out this year, didn't Wrest actually kind of indirectly *wink wink, nudge nudge* at new LoC? I specifically remember him saying that he had some "lurkings" planned for the near future.... probably stuff that was recorded long ago that he'd just finally put out there, but hey, that's good enough for me!
----

~ II. VII
15.12.2015 - 02:29
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Auntie Sahar on 15.12.2015 at 02:12

Around the time that Scar Sighted came out this year, didn't Wrest actually kind of indirectly *wink wink, nudge nudge* at new LoC? I specifically remember him saying that he had some "lurkings" planned for the near future.... probably stuff that was recorded long ago that he'd just finally put out there, but hey, that's good enough for me!

That rings a bell. Wasn't sure if that was just that Scar Sighted would be a bit Lurker-ish, but let's hope for more Chalice-y stuff.
15.12.2015 - 12:35
Jeebneus

Written by 3rdWorld on 14.12.2015 at 20:04

...that really seems like a photo of hair hanging in front of a light.

I think it is. Kinda lame if you ask me.
Is it really the cover for the album? Or is it just a photo accompanying the post? I hope so. Especially after their previous covers, which were all stunning imo.
15.12.2015 - 15:48
Graveheart

1. Saturation
2. Gift
3. Vibrator
4. Hypnotised Hate Prayer
5. Hierarchy of the Left Hand
6. Coniferous Bone
7. Waking Space
15.12.2015 - 18:27
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Jeebneus on 15.12.2015 at 12:35

I think it is. Kinda lame if you ask me.
Is it really the cover for the album? Or is it just a photo accompanying the post? I hope so. Especially after their previous covers, which were all stunning imo.

Agreed, if that is the final cover..... it's definitely their weakest yet
----

~ II. VII
15.12.2015 - 20:29
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Auntie Sahar on 14.12.2015 at 23:44

It'll be one of em, for sure, but if that new Elysian Blaze that's been hinted at drops next year, I think it might like a word with you

Written by Joe Zombie on 14.12.2015 at 23:49

This and Cobalt will be vying for that award methinks.

If they do come out this year, and if they can somehow achieve the impossible by topping their previous albums, then more power to them.
15.12.2015 - 20:57
Netzach
Planewalker
An indie pop and shoegaze producer? This almost makes me more interested to hear the sound itself than the actual songs. Anyway, I except nothing less than brilliance from these guys.

The cover art is fine, I think. Can't have the same style over and over, it gets boring. Though I must say (and considering that part about the producer) it looks more like a post-rock cover than a black metal one.
15.12.2015 - 23:05
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Guest on 15.12.2015 at 20:29

If they do come out this year, and if they can somehow achieve the impossible by topping their previous albums, then more power to them.

Cobalt.... maybe. Elysian Blaze no. Blood Geometry imo was a one off masterwork that is just simply not going to happen again. Plus the guy already said in his statement giving hints about the new album that he's not trying to make a Blood Geometry 2.0 with it (which he shouldn't)
----

~ II. VII
15.12.2015 - 23:21
Czerny Reiter

*Tchlak*, added to the wishlist!

Hope for a spacey-er approach, their work always worked best for me when they kept the Black Metal in the backseat of the cockpit. Also, their quality has, in my opinion, been ever-so-gradually declining since the phenomenal debut so I'm really hoping for a turn of the tables.
16.12.2015 - 05:02
Josantyago

Great news!

Hits total: 2734 | This month: 3