Metal Storm logo
Cobalt - Third Single Released

Cobalt just premiered the third song off Slow Forever. You can't really complain because the black metal band has shared quite a bit of new material before the album release. Today, the song chosen is "Cold Breaker" and you can click on the SoundCloud player below to listen to it. It should help you wait until March 25th when Profound Lore Records will unleash Slow Forever unto the world. Enjoy!

As for the other songs released so far, you can stream "Beast Whip" here and "Final Will" over here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Cobalt
Posted: 16.03.2016 by Paz

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 27   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 78 users
16.03.2016 - 22:52
mz

Do not really know how to describe my feelings. It rocks and socks simultanously. I miss the iintelectual approach to rage that cobalt used to deliver in the past. Still have not heard the second track, but I like this one more than the first one.
Could be a grower, though, but my expectations are not met up to now.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
16.03.2016 - 23:12
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
As someone without listening expertise on their previous works, I'm enjoying this a lot =)
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
16.03.2016 - 23:21
TheShadow

Mz....great way to show how briefly and quickly you judge newly released tracks. So you've possibly give two tracks a couple listens yet haven't given one of them any listen. That's tells others you really have no right to provide an opinion. After giving the first tracks many many listens this will surely be an interesting release. It takes time for compositions of this nature to sink in. Can't wait to dig into this third track.
16.03.2016 - 23:31
mz

Written by TheShadow on 16.03.2016 at 23:21

Mz....great way to show how briefly and quickly you judge newly released tracks. So you've possibly give two tracks a couple listens yet haven't given one of them any listen. That's tells others you really have no right to provide an opinion. After giving the first tracks many many listens this will surely be an interesting release. It takes time for compositions of this nature to sink in. Can't wait to dig into this third track.

So, I am not really sure if your comment is not supposed to be a joke yet, but anyway I provide a reply for you:
I do not understand what you mean by "So you've possibly give two tracks a couple listens yet haven't given one of them any listen"? I have heard the first and 3rd singles released from this album, and that is enough for me to say that it is not going to be as great as their previous records, because at least two of tracks are not on the same level of what we had on EotB and Gin. I have every right to judge music just by listening to it once, and rarely these days I find myself changing opinion on something by multiple listening. And yeah, while I fucking love cobalt, I do not find them particularly out of box or radically different from many other BM bands around. For sure they have their distinct sound, which is even present on the two tracks of the new album I've heard, but that does not make them challenging. It does not really take time for compositions of this nature to sink in.
----
16.03.2016 - 23:33
mz

Written by Karlabos on 16.03.2016 at 23:12

As someone without listening expertise on their previous works, I'm enjoying this a lot =)

both EotB and Gin are among the best BM albums I've ever heard. The former is a bit more acerbic, while the later has this "tool playing BM" vibe which is very cool. I slightly prefer Gin, but cant get wrong with either.
----
17.03.2016 - 00:19
koob

Probably the best of the 3 tracks, which shows how meh this is... I really had high hopes for Fell on the vocals but he fails to bring anything more interesting than McSorley and the intensity of the music isn't here. Not bad at all, just way, way, way below my expectations, I don't think anyone wanted a watered down Gin which was already a watered down EoB.
17.03.2016 - 00:46
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Gin doesn't even sound like EoB, let alone a watered version of it. Oh well, tastes clearly differ.

At least we agree on one thing: Fell is not delivering.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
17.03.2016 - 00:55
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by TheShadow on 16.03.2016 at 23:21

Sanctimonious crap. Seems like you're making a career out of it judging by your previous comments.
17.03.2016 - 04:44
Malignar

Ekk, they really have lost all intensity. Gin was ok and EOB was really really good but I definitely don't like the snoozefest direction this is taking. It's all good though, I never thought Cobalt was anything super special anyway.
17.03.2016 - 10:13
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by mz on 16.03.2016 at 22:52

Do not really know how to describe my feelings. It rocks and socks simultanously. I miss the iintelectual approach to rage that cobalt used to deliver in the past. Still have not heard the second track, but I like this one more than the first one.
Could be a grower, though, but my expectations are not met up to now.

It can be good even if it's completely different from their old stuff (which it isn't actually). Ulver proved that 3 or 4 times.

Some people listen to music and expect to hear specific things from specific bands. A departure from a band's usual sound is often met with complaints from such people. As if they couldn't understand that bands like Cobalt do not pander to their audiences, but make music as they like, without trying to meet expectations of listeners like you. Music is like a fire sale offer - take it or leave it. No one forces you to listen.

That said, I think all 3 tracks are very good, but perhaps slightly less good than what I heard on "Gin". But I like the tracks a lot anyway.
17.03.2016 - 10:19
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
I feel you give too little credit to people. The average joe understands that they are not entitled to anything from the bands.
Is it really THAT bad to have expectations? It's only natural.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
17.03.2016 - 11:21
koob

Written by X-Ray Rod on 17.03.2016 at 00:46

Gin doesn't even sound like EoB, let alone a watered version of it. Oh well, tastes clearly differ.

At least we agree on one thing: Fell is not delivering.

Yeah I didn't mean that literally, but I think that "in essence" Gin is a watered down EoB but with its own merits. I still love it tho and listen to its best songs pretty much every day.
17.03.2016 - 11:49
mz

Written by Daniell on 17.03.2016 at 10:13

It can be good even if it's completely different from their old stuff (which it isn't actually). Ulver proved that 3 or 4 times.

Some people listen to music and expect to hear specific things from specific bands. A departure from a band's usual sound is often met with complaints from such people. As if they couldn't understand that bands like Cobalt do not pander to their audiences, but make music as they like, without trying to meet expectations of listeners like you. Music is like a fire sale offer - take it or leave it. No one forces you to listen.

That said, I think all 3 tracks are very good, but perhaps slightly less good than what I heard on "Gin". But I like the tracks a lot anyway.

I give them every right not to give a shit about what the audience thinks, but that does not mean that I cannot have my own opinion on them. And yeah, I do not complain when bands change their sound as long as it is in a good direction. Loved both mantle and AAtG from aggaloch, despite the fact that they are really different in their approach.
It is not that I want them to stay trve to their previous formula. In fact, like you said, the approach is pretty much the same, except that the quality is not there.
----
17.03.2016 - 12:29
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Daniell on 17.03.2016 at 10:13

No one forces you to write holier-than-thou platitudes, either. But here we are. This thread is apparently full of it.
17.03.2016 - 12:56
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by Guest on 17.03.2016 at 12:29

No one forces you to write holier-than-thou platitudes, either. But here we are. This thread is apparently full of it.

Pot, kettle, you know how it goes.
17.03.2016 - 12:57
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Daniell on 17.03.2016 at 12:56

Pot, kettle, you know how it goes.

I try to consign my opinions towards the music, not the people opining about the music.
17.03.2016 - 16:09
megapsychoticone

Internet arguments are like winning a gold medal at the Special Olympics. Yes you may be victorious but you are still handicapped.
17.03.2016 - 16:13
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by megapsychoticone on 17.03.2016 at 16:09

Internet arguments are like winning a gold medal at the Special Olympics. Yes you may be victorious but you are still handicapped.

2002 called: it wants its jokes back
17.03.2016 - 16:30
Diverge

Written by X-Ray Rod on 17.03.2016 at 10:19

I feel you give too little credit to people. The average joe understands that they are not entitled to anything from the bands.

Great comment, and one I absolutely agree with. For some reason, this is a kind of discussion that keeps popping up on MS.
17.03.2016 - 18:31
Zap
Written by megapsychoticone on 17.03.2016 at 16:09

I like the people on the internet to be handicapped then since the alternative is people posting uninteresting comments like "GREAT ALBUM "
17.03.2016 - 19:35
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Yeaaah Greaaaat aaalbum!!!!1 :headnabger:

Entorned and dark thorne ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
17.03.2016 - 19:49
flightoficarus
Stamp Tramp
Dayum, shit's going down in here. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I, for one, am stoked to hear the whole thing. This is going to be a long week...
----
Daily underground metal recommendations at Metal Trenches.
Watch metal content on the Metal Trenches YouTube Channel.
17.03.2016 - 19:50
flightoficarus
Stamp Tramp
Written by Guest on 17.03.2016 at 05:29

Me right now

Also lol to this.
----
Daily underground metal recommendations at Metal Trenches.
Watch metal content on the Metal Trenches YouTube Channel.
17.03.2016 - 20:14
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by X-Ray Rod on 17.03.2016 at 10:19

You are right, perhaps I give too little credit to people.
17.03.2016 - 20:14
Zap
Written by Karlabos on 17.03.2016 at 19:35

Entorned and dark thorne ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahaha, just like Cobalt, that's some good French black metal.
17.03.2016 - 20:29
musclassia

Written by Guest on 17.03.2016 at 00:55

Sanctimonious crap. Seems like you're making a career out of it judging by your previous comments.

Fuck me his comment history is laughable. Poor bands all getting bullied by us horrible fans
17.03.2016 - 20:33
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by musclassia on 17.03.2016 at 20:29

Fuck me his comment history is laughable. Poor bands all getting bullied by us horrible fans

They all need one of those emotion-inducing aid videos like the ones areas in developing countries get, except instead of starving children it'll have despondent looking metallers in pubs with mean quotes from the internet hovering over their heads.

Hits total: 2303 | This month: 3