Metal Storm logo
Despised Icon - Join Nuclear Blast, New Album Coming

After their reunion in 2014, Despised Icon are now gearing up to release a new album, their first since 2009's Day Of Mourning. Nuclear Blast has announced the signing of the Montreal based deathcore pioneers and will unleash their upcoming album entitled Beast. The album is tentatively scheduled for a summer 2016 release. For now, you can check out the teaser as an introduction to their comeback.

"It's been 7 years since our last record and our batteries are fully recharged," comments the band. "The O.G. line-up is back and the new shit hits hard. You'll hear sounds of our older slammin' death metal days blended with the speed and technicality of our latest records. Cheers to everyone that has stood by us after all these years. Can't wait to unleash the Beast."

Adds Nuclear Blast head of retail Roy Culver: "I signed Despised Icon to Century Media back in 2004 after hearing their debut record Consumed By Your Poison. The band perfected the mix of ferocious, technical death metal with a modern take on hardcore and their first record for the label, The Healing Process, broadened the minds of a whole new generation of metal heads. I love these guys and couldn't be happier to be working with them again here at Nuclear Blast. The Icon is back!"

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Despised Icon
Posted: 12.04.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 47 users
12.04.2016 - 23:02
Uldreth
My body is ready.
13.04.2016 - 12:35
Necrotion7
Cant fucking wait..awesome