Metal Storm logo
Blackfield - Details Upcoming Album

Things were unclear when Steven Wilson decided to leave his collaborational project with Aviv Geffen, known as Blackfield, back in early 2014, but in a change of heart, he had joined forces again with Blackfield last year, and the first details of its result are in: Blackfield V, the band's fifth full-length album to date, will be released on November 18th, 2016, via Kscope. The new record will feature no less than 13 tracks, that will form into a 45 minute "ocean-theme" experience.

Here's the full announcement, courtesy of Blackfield: "Blackfield V will be released on 18th November by Kscope, and sees a return to the full partnership that made the first two albums such firm favourites with fans. Written and recorded over a period of 18 months in both Israel and England, Blackfield V contains 13 linked songs that form a flowing 45 minute ocean themed song cycle. With the pair expertly handling vocals, guitars, and keyboards, Tomer Z from the Blackfield band on drums, and string arrangements performed by the London Session Orchestra, the album is a powerful journey through catchy melodies, lush arrangements, and stunning production. Legendary producer / engineer Alan Parsons produced three of the album's key tracks. Both musicians consider Blackfield V to be their best collaboration to date."

Cover photography by Lasse Hoile

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Blackfield
Posted: 05.09.2016 by Kais

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 71 users
05.09.2016 - 20:50
Korah
I didn't expect that. I'm a huge fan of Steven Wilson but I never really liked Blackfield. Maybe Blackfield V will change everything!
----
Don't cry for my English
05.09.2016 - 21:10
fenchik
The first 2 albums are superbs! Hopefully back to their best!
05.09.2016 - 21:41
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I'm very eager to hear this
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
06.09.2016 - 09:55
tiny dog ghosts
Well that is a shock. If it's like the first 2 it's going to be a monster