Metal Storm logo
Korpiklaani - Release New Single 'FC Lahti'

Metal and football. Why not? Finnish folk metal superstars Korpiklaani are releasing a new digital single today. It is a very special release, supporting the 20th Anniversary of their local football team FC Lahti with that track. FC Lahti is playing in the Finnish Veikkausliiga, the highest soccer league in Finland. Watch the official track video of the song on YouTube. It's their new anthem.

Jonne Järvelä states: "When I was asked if Korpiklaani would want to support the local football team playing at the top level in Finland, my answer was definitely yes. My first idea on how to take this forward was the thing that is important to us as a band, to write a song, a new official anthem for FC Lahti, and here it is now. Lyrics are not just about football, but also about love for your home town without forgetting its history. I wish the fans of FC Lahti and everyone else too will like the song."

Tomi Honkanen, the Managing director (President) of FC Lahti adds: "FC Lahti and Korpiklaani are two strong brands that generate strong emotions in Lahti and internationally. At FC Lahti we highly value that Korpiklaani wears our colours and brings our great FC Lahti to the world. Lahti rocks!"

Footballer Jari Litmanen and Jonne Järvelä
Picture: Mirja Hussain

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Korpiklaani
Posted: 09.09.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 107 users
09.09.2016 - 21:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Football not socker Ana you should know anyway nice to hear such song about it even we know Pelicns Lahti is greater pot team there.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.09.2016 - 22:05
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
FFS with that former 020 player Jari Litmanen. Although for a 020 player whe was a good guy
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.09.2016 - 22:06
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
But it shows the guy has bad taste... First playing for 020 and now being associated with Korpiklaani.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.09.2016 - 10:28
FYA
Destroyer
FOOTBALL not soccer.

But...hmm...it sounds catchy, but nothing more.
10.09.2016 - 11:57
Andreas
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.09.2016 at 22:05

FFS with that former 020 player Jari Litmanen. Although for a 020 player whe was a good guy

Wanna fight?
10.09.2016 - 12:17
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Lol Football generating wars already =P
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram

Hits total: 2096 | This month: 7