Metal Storm logo
The Unguided - Roland Johansson Out, Jonathan Thorpenberg In

The Swedes The Unguided have announced an important line-up change recently. Guitarist/vocalist Roland Johansson is no longer in the band and he was one of the founding members.

The band explained his departure: "I think we could expand on reasons and details regarding this particular change forever but it all boils down to one fact, which is 'time'. There is a shortage of time in Roland's life currently, in regards to all the other duties he needs to tend to. This isn't anyone's fault or failure, it's just how it has to be if we are to continue at all. This change happened in the best of terms and there is no bad blood among any party (as per your observation in the latest music video featuring all past and present members of the band). We love Roland from the depths of our hearts and we know the fans do too. We also know you'll hate losing him (again) as much as we do. But his ties with The Unguided will not be severed in any way, he is free to come and go as he chooses, and involve himself as much as he wants in coming adventures, even if he's not going to have a permanent role. We even intend to have some annual celebration shows with Roland, dedicated to the first three albums, and hopefully make that a nice tradition."

You can read the band's full statement, Roland Johansson's explanation and a few words from Jonathan Thorpenberg as well on their Facebook page.

The Unguided:

• Jonathan Thorpenberg - Vocals/Guitars
  • Richard Andreas Sjunnesson - Vocals
  • Roger Sjunnesson - Guitars
  • Henric Liljesand - Bass
  • Richard Schill - Drums

New band pic

Source: facebook.com
    Band profile: The Unguided
  • Posted: 14.12.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
    Comments: 3   Visited by: 36 users
    14.12.2016 - 14:04
    FeskarN

I don't like the new guys vocals at all, the ysound kinda weak to Rolands. Roland has so much better voice and a unique one. Sad to see him go
    ----
    The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
    14.12.2016 - 19:03
    Overrwatcher

Quote:
    But his ties with The Unguided will not be severed in any way, he is free to come and go as he chooses, and involve himself as much as he wants in coming adventures, even if he's not going to have a permanent role.

That's actually really cool. A lot of bands have a weird obsession of keeping former members in the past, so it's always interesting to see someone like Roland (who has been a core part of Sonic Syndicate/The Unguided since Only Inhuman) still live on in the band and be given opportunities to come back.

As to the newest single, it's solid enough. Same stuff they've been putting out for several albums now. I feel as if Roland's voice was a lot softer and more comfortable than Jonathan's but he still has a pretty good voice. Only problem is that the amazing Richard/Roland synergy that got me into the band with songs like "Phoenix Down" and "Green Eyed Demon" is no longer there. I'll still listen to them regardless.
    ----
    Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.
    15.12.2016 - 10:06
    s_t_s

Sorry to hear about that too even tho I never really managed to like The Unguided as opposed to Sonic Syndicate's early years. I think that he was a major part of the band, that's why Sonic Syndicate lost their soul in the first place. Hope it doesn't happen with The Unguided. Best of luck to them (and die Sonic Syndicate, please die !

Hits total: 8274 | This month: 9