Metal Storm logo
Lion's Share - Drop New Stand-Alone Single

Sweden's Lion's Share have released a brand new stand-alone single, called ''Baptized In Blood''. Stream it now via YouTube player down under.

The band's guitarist Lars Chriss commented: "When Ronnie James Dio so sadly passed away in 2010, we were hired to be the house band with guests from Amon Amarth, Yngwie Malmstens' Rising Force, [/band]King Diamond[/band] etc joining us at Sweden rock's Ronnie James Dio tribute that fall. We were rehearsing songs from his amazing cataloge by Black Sabbath, Dio and Rainbow for weeks and got inspired to write this song, which later became "Baptized in blood", as a tribute to our favorite singer of all time.

"In november and december of 1999 Lion's Share had the pleasure of opening up for Dio, Motörhead and Manowar on the monsters of the millennium tour, so I knew him pretty well and his death took us all real hard."

Singer Nils Patrik Johansson added: "Obviously we did a pretty good job at that show, because a couple of weeks later the stage manager called us up and asked if we wanted to be the backing band for Dio and Black Sabbath drummer Vinny Appice at his drum clinic in Stockholm. It was very cool to play with such a legend and I remember Vinny called us black sabbath junior, which of course was a huge compliment."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Lion's Share
Posted: 18.09.2021 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 21 users
18.09.2021 - 09:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
On this time and place I think this might be best song what this band has written, and it's always nice to hear to Nils singing
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 542 | This month: 5