05. Poisoned Arrow
06. Sunset Over The Empire
07. House Of Mirrors
08. Spreading Black Wings
09. Mourning Star
10. One Last Time
11. Exiled From Earth

Additional info
Mixed and mastered by Jacob Hansen at Hansen Studios.

Staff review by
Netzach
Rating:
“Hello? Yes, I would like to report a crime. I have been abducted. Woke up in Gothenburg sometimes in the early 2000s, and I’ve no idea how to get back. You’ll send someone? How? Police cars are equipped with temporal displacers now?”

Read more ››
published 13.08.2022 | Comments (14)

Found in 30 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 33   Visited by: 782 users
28.01.2022 - 12:19
bleak
Account deleted
Well, that is an ugly cover...
28.01.2022 - 14:22
Rating: 7
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
I have to agree about the cover, it's terrible!
28.01.2022 - 14:47
Rating: 5
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
Awful cover and underwhelming singles, this is shaping up to be one of the worst albums of the year
08.02.2022 - 17:06
Gungniru
Didn't think too much about the first two singles, but 'Handshake With Hell' is a really nice surprise.
08.06.2022 - 15:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
https://facebook.com/archenemyofficial

Album have pushed back the release date of their 11th studio album, "Deceivers", to August 12 from the previously announced July 29.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.06.2022 - 18:43
Rating: 6
Metal Rasputin
Can't say the singles are necessarily bad, but they sound like any other generic melodic death metal songs made in recent years. The album might work well as an entertaining background music while mowing a lawn, walking your dog or something just like their last few albums, but I don't think I'll personally get anything else out of it.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!
10.08.2022 - 11:14
hyper
Well, this is an interesting album. finally what you could expect from such a supergroup
12.08.2022 - 08:39
Rating: 8
lust
I was very pleased at the first listen. Maybe i will change my wote leter but for now its pretty good for me..
12.08.2022 - 11:23
Tel3tubby
It's okay. Better than Will to Power, in any case.
12.08.2022 - 14:05
Charlotbk
I kinda like the music even if they not really change anything since Wages of Sin, love the Liiva & Angela era but I'm not able to enjoy Alissa vocals really thing she don't have the power and the rage of Angela. Favorites songs : In the eye of the storm & sunset over the empire.
12.08.2022 - 14:43
Rating: 5
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
Positively surprised by this, my hopes were very low but they managed to make a pretty decent album
13.08.2022 - 00:44
rawb
Solid.
13.08.2022 - 06:11
Mehdi Taba
Mehdi Taba
100% weakest Arch Enemy album ever!

7.2/10
13.08.2022 - 08:04
Stormm
Written by Charlotbk on 12.08.2022 at 14:05

I kinda like the music even if they not really change anything since Wages of Sin, love the Liiva & Angela era but I'm not able to enjoy Alissa vocals really thing she don't have the power and the rage of Angela. Favorites songs : In the eye of the storm & sunset over the empire.

The energy is there. She's just different and more technical singer. She knows how to work with her voice.
13.08.2022 - 19:33
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
I've never really considered myself to be an Arch Enemy fan but this is is actually not a bad album, it's better than I expected, and I'm much more impressed with this than Amon Amarth's release for sure. As usual it's got some great hooks, with catchy choruses and pretty cool solo's at times too, but nothing that necessarily stands out at such, it's just enough to call decent.

Unfortunately I have the same issues as their previous releases, the songwriting is lacking that something as usual, and leaves me feeling like they could have done alot more considering the talented lineup they have. I understand they tried to make more use of Alissa's vocals by allowing her to sing clean, which I suppose isn't a bad idea, but unfortunately I found her clean vocals don't do anything for me.

I've tried many times with this album already, but it seems to sound worse with each time I listen, a problem I find with the majority of Arch Enemy albums, so I think I will leave it for now.

"Deceiver deceiver", "The Watcher", and "Poisoned Arrow" are the highlights for me, the rest being average at best.
13.08.2022 - 22:15
rawb
Solid but man do I miss the days of wages of sin.
14.08.2022 - 03:21
Rating: 9
Grouch Douglas
Enigma
This is definitely the best album of the Alissa era. I didn't like War Eternal at all but Will To Power was an improvement, this tops them both. I also lucked out and got the version with a signed postcard before they sold out.
14.08.2022 - 04:05
Aries Rising
Written by Stormm on 13.08.2022 at 08:04

The energy is there. She's just different and more technical singer. She knows how to work with her voice.

I hated how Angela"s voice became more processed and digital sounding with each subsequent release.
14.08.2022 - 05:31
Aries Rising
This album was better than I was expecting it to be.
14.08.2022 - 09:03
Rating: 4
This is absolute garbage. I thought they can't make an album worse than Will to Power, but they achieved this with this album. At least Will to Power had some hit songs, but this album is not even have one good hit. Out of 11 songs, I just liked the Poisoned Arrow, which is not a great song but compared to the other songs, it stays avarage.
15.08.2022 - 18:21
Dorian75
Here we are again. The neck listeners( the kind of people who use only their neck to listen to music) complain about everything. The album is a killer in terms of enjoyable music in every aspect. It is a brilliantly made album to be played in bigger audiences and loved by more and more people. This is how professional music works. Every song besides the top-notch production has its hooks. There is not even one filler in this album. Every song could easily be promoted as a single of course with a different target group. Catchy melodic solos, great vocal melodies, choruses, bridges, fast paces, tight rhythm section, killer riffs, even a rip-off of No Easy Way Out - Robert Tepper there is in this album in the song In The Eye of the storm(the rip-off starts in the rhythm guitar in 0.30 minute of the song). I gave it already 5 full spins and the total outcome is that we are talking about an album made to be playable from start to finish unskippable. I don't care if it's a Gothenburg early 2000s metal or if it is Matsu Pitsu early 1900 metal as far as it is great. It's great for what it was made. I don't recall Alisa or Mike stating the last 12 months that they are going to invent a new kind of metal with the Deceivers album, so what's all the buzz about?
16.08.2022 - 10:40
X-FrEaK
Its a fucking shame, it really is. With this lineup Arch Enemy could be one of the best bands in the metal scene, but for the third album straight, its the same thing.

One fucking song where Alissa gets to use her clean vocals, which turns out to be one of the best of the album. And what sad it is to see what Jeff Loomis does nowadays. Being a longtime Nevermore fan, its really sad.

The worst thing in Arch Enemy has to be Dave Mus..Michael Amott. He wants Arch Enemy to keep doing the same thing they have been doing for decades, even though the members have the proven capacity to go beyond just average melodic death metal.

Nevertheless, its not a terrible album, just that it has been a long time since Jeff and Alissa joined, and one is always hoping "this is the album they are gonna be used to their full extent".

Maybe next time..

EDIT: I still think War Eternal is the best Alissa era album
----
16.08.2022 - 21:16
Charlotbk
Written by Aries Rising on 14.08.2022 at 04:05

Written by Stormm on 13.08.2022 at 08:04

I hated how Angela"s voice became more processed and digital sounding with each subsequent release.

honestly this album really grow on me with more listening.
20.08.2022 - 18:51
Archie 666
What is this album actually about?
21.08.2022 - 15:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
This album is better as IFK Göteborg, anyway even I don't like Alissa same whit Angela, band manage somehow write some good catchy melodic riffs as I like in a genre and she sung clean vox. Few good songs, rest just an album.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.08.2022 - 05:05
Nicko's Nose
This is generic as fuck and has plenty of riffs and melodies I know I’ve heard before…… but I can’t stop listening to it.
13.09.2022 - 15:55
Rating: 6
restartmylife
I didn't find any songs to save for further listenings, no hits, just sorrow...Probably House of Mirrors is the best song for me
26.09.2022 - 15:32
metalbrat
Even though i've been a fan of MDM and Gothenberg for almost a decade, AE is one band I missed just because once I heard a single from somewhere which was more like Folk metal, a genre which I dont like much. I can understand from other's reviews that this is not their best or not even among the top 5, but still the opener got me really hooked. I think i have become a fan of AE.
----
In the beginning I was made of clay. Then I bit the apple and they changed me to metal 🤘
07.10.2022 - 01:15
Captain Laika
Written by Nicko's Nose on 25.08.2022 at 05:05

This is generic as fuck and has plenty of riffs and melodies I know I’ve heard before…… but I can’t stop listening to it.

Same here. Generic and the same time catchy and very well executed. Fav song Sunset over the Empire. Lyrics suck though as always.
14.10.2022 - 08:11
MH_WarWizard
Better then will to power, but it never hits the highs of their best albums. Still a welcome entry.
----
Oh Glorious Metal

Hits total: 10659 | This month: 61