Metal Storm logo
2022 FIFA World Cup

Original post

Posted by Bad English, 05.04.2022 - 16:00
Soon its here, to me most boring WC ever in my life....will watch but whit not a such pasion, but I agree that in cold, boring early winter dark days it can be cool and I might have more time to watch.
23.11.2022 - 08:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Btw does i am only one who thinks that Wc should be in Winter, autumn? People buy out real or Chelsea games in December, they will buy out WC to. It's better for TV fans to see games, summer you go out, and has other things. I believe in north counties we would be able get more TV ratings in cold period when people don't go out do much. To me its success, I am classic winter is tv time, pc time, so I can spend more time to watch it.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.11.2022 - 08:32
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Written by Bad English on 23.11.2022 at 08:06

Well maybe but I doubt they make their teams win, Portugal won when Ronaldo was injured. I believe Arg has bigger chance win if Messi is off. His best game maybe was Copa America final in Brazil

I know I'm in the minority, but that's why I believe both Ronaldo and Messi are overrated, it saddens me that because of their goal tally, both of those players will go down in history as two of the greatest ever!

But there have been far better players imo, especially during the 90's. The game has changed alot, referee's have become lenient, and it's become a 0 contact sport, aswel as players getting unnecessarily large amounts of money. It would very interesting to see how well Ronaldo and Messi would have done 20 years ago, they would have had to endure lunges and two footed tackles, they would have just been taken out

Remember R9, how amazing of a footballer he was until someone broke his leg, although he was still z quality striker in his later years, he lost so much ability due to that injury, same with Roberto Baggio, Van Basten, Michael Owen, Sebastian Deisler, Recoba etc. All would have been very special if not for their injuries early on, due too reckless tackles.
23.11.2022 - 08:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I agree about all you said. Maldini, Batistuta, rivaldo, Rui Costa, even faker Luis Figo was better. Even pop star Backhem was much better, Roy Keane.
Those two if they be out of teamPor, Arg would play better. In Messi glory days if Guardiola would charge Argentina they would have won more whit him. Funny but Maradona made good job whit Argentina as coach.
----

23.11.2022 - 08:48
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Written by Bad English on 23.11.2022 at 08:40

I agree about all you said. Maldini, Batistuta, rivaldo, Rui Costa, even faker Luis Figo was better. Even pop star Backhem was much better, Roy Keane.
Those two if they be out of teamPor, Arg would play better. In Messi glory days if Guardiola would charge Argentina they would have won more whit him. Funny but Maradona made good job whit Argentina as coach.

Not only do players get large sums of money, they have the best training facilities, nutritionists, personal trainers and agents that help them get a large pay out in compensation if they get injured. Maradona's health detearated fast, imagine if he had looked after him self better. What happened to the data where the players went out drinking after the game
23.11.2022 - 09:02
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Anyway I hope England win the world Cup, but I'm not betting on it

@Bad English: Who are you rooting for?
23.11.2022 - 11:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by AndyMetalFreak on 23.11.2022 at 09:02

Anyway I hope England win the world Cup, but I'm not betting on it

@Bad English: Who are you rooting for?

Realistic Germany , England or Argentina.
Unrealistic Denmark, Poland, even Australia.
Then European country, if not then Europeian culture country.
----

23.11.2022 - 17:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
African Arab countries football is getting bigger, home leuges has some good level, it's rising so not suprise that Denmark Vs Marocko and Croatia vs Tunisia plaid draw, but Japan victory over Germany is suprise.... Nja.
----

24.11.2022 - 22:15
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Well it is no surprise that european teams would underperform under Qatar's sun of 40c
----
Growing up is the worst. I hope I never do it.
24.11.2022 - 22:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Karlabos on 24.11.2022 at 22:15

Well it is no surprise that european teams would underperform under Qatar's sun of 40c

I think they have cooler or AC there in hmmmm.
----

24.11.2022 - 22:52
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro

Congrats on Brazil's win! Richarlison's second goal was great
25.11.2022 - 02:27
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Bad English on 24.11.2022 at 22:31

Yeah but there is also the altitude thing that may hinder the players' performance if they're not used to it. It's not uncommon for european teams to go better when the cups are in europe, the americans when it's in america and so on...
----
25.11.2022 - 02:27
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by F3ynman2000 on 24.11.2022 at 22:52

Congrats on Brazil's win! Richarlison's second goal was great

Yeah that was a pretty good game (from a brazilian point of view, that is)

Gotta say I wasn't expecting Brazil to do so well
----
25.11.2022 - 06:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Karlabos on 25.11.2022 at 02:27

Written by Bad English on 24.11.2022 at 22:31

Yeah but there is also the altitude thing that may hinder the players' performance if they're not used to it. It's not uncommon for european teams to go better when the cups are in europe, the americans when it's in america and so on...

Yes but remember South Africa and Korea Japan. Ites equal.
----

25.11.2022 - 20:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
To many draws here , only Spain, France , Portugal and Brazil so far looks like they will reach semies, rest seems poor and all isn possible

Mexico 0-0 Poland makes that Argentina has chance

Uruguay 0-0 S Korea also is bad

Those draws whit Asian, C American and African teams ruin some chances for potential favorites, but makes game day 2 more fun to watch because now big teams if they want win something neews to attack and maybe show good attacking game.

Iran winning Wales was surprise, but surprise , really it was.

Senegal kicking out Qatar somehow I wonder does in arab countries what are not S African people really understands football and what level they team actually can deliver and show. Was those white dots on VIP arena, empty seats or people whit traditional Arab clots?
Holland 1-1 Ecuador and actually Latins almost won.... so far its funny

Wales can go out of group its derby Wales vs England, same now England vs USA. I hope USA wins, then USA wins Iran and England wins Wales and Iran dont qualify
----

25.11.2022 - 22:03
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
So proud of USA's performance (in case some of you don't know, I'm half German, half American)! They should've won against England, but at least it seems they'll make it in the top 2 of the group *knock on wood*

I'm looking forward to Argentina vs Mexico tomorrow - Ochoa has always performed well in world cups. The contest vs Messi & Co. will be exciting!

And, finally, a huge game on Sunday: Germany vs Spain. In Germany the press are already calling it a "final" or "endgame" (Endspiel). Germany have to win to have any hopes of continuing to the knock-out stage!
26.11.2022 - 08:05
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
My Grandad is American, from West Virginia, but has lived in England most of his life, so had been routing for both teams, so not all is bad I guess

I still can't see either U.S. or England winning the competition though, my guess is probably Spain or Portugal. But never ever right off Germany!
27.11.2022 - 01:46
tintinb

Vamos Argentina. What a wonderful play. Now we just need to beat the Poles to reach the next round. Tough job but I am sure they will do it.
----
Leeches everywhere.
27.11.2022 - 23:01
mz

So a leaked audio file from Iranian security forces indicates that Qatar's government has handed over the names of diaspora Iranians traveling to Qatar to potentially make demonstrations about the dire situation in Iran to the Iranian government, which can potentially cause problems for them in the future. In addition, Qatar's government has refused to let in sports journalists from media outlets that the Iranian government considers enemies and has removed any sign of protests from Iranians in the stadiums, both at the request of the Iranian government.

The most prestigious sports event in the world has been reduced to an opportunity for killers and thugs to gather intelligence on their potential critics.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
28.11.2022 - 21:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by mz on 27.11.2022 at 23:01

So a leaked audio file from Iranian security forces indicates that Qatar's government has handed over the names of diaspora Iranians traveling to Qatar to potentially make demonstrations about the dire situation in Iran to the Iranian government, which can potentially cause problems for them in the future. In addition, Qatar's government has refused to let in sports journalists from media outlets that the Iranian government considers enemies and has removed any sign of protests from Iranians in the stadiums, both at the request of the Iranian government.

The most prestigious sports event in the world has been reduced to an opportunity for killers and thugs to gather intelligence on their potential critics.

Same like Iran wants that Fifa ban USA whit 10 games due wrong iranian flag.
Won't happen USA is strong.
FIFA digs own grave.

Serbia might be fined due licker room flag whit denying Kosovo independence.
To make right i believe serbia will be fined
----

30.11.2022 - 01:25
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
USA in round of 16 against the Netherlands - will be a tough match!
Today - 14:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Argentina vs Poland was best game, amazing game, and both went out,. Japan did amazing job, Lol Belgium.
I never liked Belgium national team 2 languages, but then again I prefer see Belgium not Morocco, happy for Japan Japan and Germany should go out, but Germany well has no good team as 8 years ago.
----