|- Catamenia was founded in 95 by their original members Riku Hopeakoski and Mika Tönning in Oulu, Finland.
- Already in their first year they made their first Demo.
- Second demo, "Winds", (1996) lead to the four-album-contract with Massacre Records in 1997.
- First full-length album,"Halls of Frozen North", was recorded in
Commusication Studios, Germany, in 1997 with Gerhard Magin (Crematory, Mystic Circle,...). Released in 1998.
- Year after the release of the debut, they recorded their second album, "Morning Crimson" (1999) in Sweden, at Sunlight Studios with Thomas Skogsberg (Katatonia, Dismember,...).
- Their third album, "Eternal Winter's Prophecy", was recorded in their home country in 2000 at Tico-Tico Studios with Ahti Kortelainen (Kalmah, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Dawn of Relic,...).
- Now it was time to record their last contractual album "Eskhata" for Massacre Records in 2002. Recorded in Oulu, Finland, at SoundMix Studios with producer Mika Pohjola (The Black League,...).
- After the release and promotion of "Eskhata", Catamenia renewed their contract with Massacre Records for three albums more because of the good and long co-operation.
- At this point, Catamenia had faced many line-up changements. But during the rehearsing the new album's songs, they have found their steady line-up and again as a six-piece.
- Now...Chaos was Born! Catamenia recorded their new and fifth album, "ChaosBorn" at Neo Studio in Oulu, Finland with Kari Vähäkuopus and Immu Ilmarinen (Burning Point, Embraze, Afterworld, Sentenced,...).
- "ChaosBorn" combines melodics and aggressions with perfect balance. You can hear clearly as the Chaos is Born on this album!
- After great feedback from media and fans of 'ChaosBorn', was time to prepare the sixth album. Band decided to title the album as 'Winternight Tragedies'.
- Spending some time in rehearsal room, Riku had already made several great songs, it was time to book the studio.
- Cause of the great production of ChaosBorn, band decided to enter the same studio, Mastervox Studios with producers Kakke Vähäkuopus and Immu Ilmarinen.
- During the studio session, band encountered problems with collaboration, distance and lack of practice with few members. Line-up changes were made. Vocalist Mika and bassist Timo was replaced by new vocalist O.J. Mustonen and bassist Mikko Hepo-oja.
- Despite the facts of line-up changements, producers Kakke, Immu and the band itself, recorded and produced absolutely their most powerful album ever, 'Winternight Tragedies'.
- On the new album, 'Winternight Tragedies', band performs raw, aggressive and angry songs, still keeping the melodious side alive.
- After the great feedback of the WNT, band did their first East European Tour, managed by ProMusic Production which was complete success. European tour will follow in Fall 2005.
- Despite the succesful year 2005, Catamenia has decided to replace bassist Mikko Hepo-oja unanimously, cause of non-working chemistry between rest of the members. New bassist Toni Kansanoja (Black Swan, Burning Point) joins Catamenia.
- Second half of 2005, Riku started to work on the seventh studio album and Mastervox studios has been booked for early summer 2006. This is the last contractual album for Massacre Records, so again it's time for negotiations and decisions to be made for the future.
Taken from the official Catamenia Website