Good news from the Orphaned Land camp. The progressive metal band has just started the recordings for their brand new album in Istanbul. No release date is set as of now and not much is known about the upcoming release yet but the band will do recording sessions in Sweden, Turkey and Israel. The band's latest album, The Never Ending Way Of ORwarriOR, came out in 2010.

Frontman Kobi Farhi previously said about the new album: "It's a special and amazing album, different than the ones we did in the past. I felt I should give up growling for this specific album."

This will also be the first album without the departed guitarist Matti Svatitzki.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Orphaned Land

Posted: 29.12.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

Unhealer - 29.12.2012 at 23:32
"I felt I should give up growling for this specific album."
Are we getting oriental 70's prog rock from them as well? I know it's unlikely, but with every prog metal band going for it lately...
Fat & Sassy! - 30.12.2012 at 05:02
Yeah, I wouldn't say that the harsh vocals have been a highlight on their previous albums, so I'm not really worried. I'm hope the album will be as dynamic and moving as their previous efforts! ^~^
mariano - 30.12.2012 at 17:57
Written by Unhealer on 29.12.2012 at 23:32

"I felt I should give up growling for this specific album."

The harsh vocals is one of the very few things I didn't like quite that much from previous albums. So focusing on clean vocals doesn't sound bad.
I'm wondering though, what's going to be the new sound for guitars...?
YossiSassi - 26.01.2013 at 14:16
Hey guys,
Guitar sound and production will stay in tact and flowing, heavy, modern and raw when needed, and "sonically wide" in the appropriate tracks. hope you'll like it.
-YossiS
www.yossisassi.com
Kocha - 23.02.2013 at 00:38
I truly hope that Steven Wilson didn't have much impact on songwriting.

News Orphaned Land - Finally Recording The New Album 10.5 05.05.2009 by Hamird