Last year, Metallica confirmed that a 3D movie was in the works for release in 2013. At the beginning of this year, the band revealed more and confirmed that the movie would be titled Metallica Through The Never. Now the band has released the official theatrical trailer of the movie and you can have the first taste of Metallica Through The Never here. It will be shown on IMAX theatres in North America on September 27th and will roll into additional theatres in full 3D one week later on October 4th.

Drummer Lars Ulrich has been at the Cannes Film Festival in France to talk about Metallica Through The Never and to promote the film to international distributors.

Metallica's upcoming 3D IMAX concert movie was directed by Nimród Antal ­(Predators), produced by former IMAX film producer Charlotte Huggins (Journey to the Center of the Earth) and features live footage of the band as well as a narrative featuring Dane DeHaan (Chronicle, The Amazing Spider-Man 2).

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Metallica

Posted: 23.05.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

LeChron James - 23.05.2013 at 13:44
NOOOOOOOOPE
ArcesseEum - 23.05.2013 at 15:24
Lame.
Nimlot - 23.05.2013 at 16:06
I can't wait to watch Lulu in 3D.
Dööm - 23.05.2013 at 16:15
I have absolutely no idea idea what that movie is about. Is it mainly a concert video? Is the narrative about Metallica's history? Or is it just riots and fire, because that will probably look cool in 3D while som may think that it's fucking metal - which is very important.
I'm at a loss here? Anyone know more about the project?
DTOM - 23.05.2013 at 16:23
I'm Hungarian, and I am proud to be a Hungarian director could make a film to the Metallica.
Movie trailer:
PhantomLord21 - 23.05.2013 at 16:29
Written by Dööm on 23.05.2013 at 16:15

I'm at a loss here? Anyone know more about the project?

I think it's a concert video with an extra narrative story that'll probably be before the main concert (and hopefully the concert is tied into the story: the guy was driving to the Metallica concert or something). I'm at a loss as well, but that's my personal guess.
BloodTears - 23.05.2013 at 16:34
Written by Dööm on 23.05.2013 at 16:15

I'm at a loss here? Anyone know more about the project?

"DeHaan plays a young band crew member who is sent out on an urgent mission while the band is playing a rousing live set in front of a sold-out crowd and unexpectedly finds his world turned completely upside down". Taken from our previous news about the movie.
TastetheSin - 23.05.2013 at 18:49
So this is a story based around a Metallica concert? I hope it's like Wayne's World 2.
Rupert - 23.05.2013 at 20:37
I don't think I'd even steal this one. Is the director's name for real? Nimrod?
Daniell - 24.05.2013 at 13:35
The watered down rendition of "Master of Puppets" that can be heard there made me want to give this potential pile of steaming poo a wide berth.

Besides, what the hell is the point of this release? Apart from money that is?
Omnicosm - 24.05.2013 at 18:30
Does anyone give a flying fuck about this band anymore?
lacerations - 25.05.2013 at 18:02
Like Justin Beiber's movie Never Say Never...
Migtanteot - 28.05.2013 at 02:59
Written by Guest on 25.05.2013 at 18:02

Like Justin Beiber's movie Never Say Never...

That´s it dude. no more is necessary to say.

News Delain - Release Trailer For Upcoming Tour 4 12.02.2012 by The Shape 1973
News Therion - Release Trailer For Upcoming DVD 4 01.02.2014 by Windir2010
News Orange Goblin - Release Trailer From Upcoming Live CD/DVD 4 28.01.2013 by bazinko
News Watain - Share Upcoming Single Trailer 4 03.06.2013 by J. N.
News Nightwish - First Imaginaerum Movie Teaser Trailer Released 4 25.04.2012 by M C Vice