Metal Storm logo
Discuss Dark Souls

22.10.2011 - 23:24
Guib
Thrash Talker
So lately I've been playing Dark Souls, the recent follow up of Demon's Souls. Don't know if you guys played this one but hell its hard, harder than Demon that is.
Anyways, for those who don't know the game, its a third person RPG where you are left on your own, with not much hope and a huge variety of deadly creatures. Lets just say that... YOU WILL DIE. No matter how good you think you are, you'll die impaled, burned, crushed, sliced, poisoned, cursed, falling down endless holes, decapitated (and more). Basically you can build your character the way you like, you can use Magic, Melee weapons, Shields, Ranged weapons and a great variety of items for people who like long investment games, this is one of them.

So that said, I've been trying to kill the Moonlight Butterfly.. after dealing with the gargoyles on the church I was wondering if anyone could give me some hints on defeating that flying piece of shit cos I've been trying again and again, can't seem to do much against it ... lol

Discuss !!!
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
23.10.2011 - 17:25
whatsacow
Written by Guib on 22.10.2011 at 23:24

So lately I've been playing Dark Souls, the recent follow up of Demon's Souls. Don't know if you guys played this one but hell its hard, harder than Demon that is.
Anyways, for those who don't know the game, its a third person RPG where you are left on your own, with not much hope and a huge variety of deadly creatures. Lets just say that... YOU WILL DIE. No matter how good you think you are, you'll die impaled, burned, crushed, sliced, poisoned, cursed, falling down endless holes, decapitated (and more). Basically you can build your character the way you like, you can use Magic, Melee weapons, Shields, Ranged weapons and a great variety of items for people who like long investment games, this is one of them.

So that said, I've been trying to kill the Moonlight Butterfly.. after dealing with the gargoyles on the church I was wondering if anyone could give me some hints on defeating that flying piece of shit cos I've been trying again and again, can't seem to do much against it ... lol

Discuss !!!

Ah. This boss is piss easy. All his attacks are magic based, so just try and evade them. If you use a bow, or magic, you'll kick its ass pretty easy. If you're a melee type (Like I was) Just evade it till he lands, then run over, dish out some punishment, then when it starts glowing, run like fuck before he blows up. Then repeat.

Has anyone else found the drake sword? It helps a lot, and its pretty easy to get it. Just look it up on youtube.

I'm up to the Caprica Demon atm (under the undead parish) and he is the meanest, most bastardly bastard I've faced. As soon as you enter, he runs at you, and if you arent blocking or evading, he'll kill you in one hit. He's strong AND fast. The area to fight is small so magic doesnt work, and, worst of all, he has two fucking mutts that you have to deal with. Theyre easy to kill, but not while this evil bastard is trying to kill you.
So I gave up for a bit, and decided to grind for a bit, trying to get my stamina up so I can block heaps of his attacks, and then attack without running out of stamina.

But yeah, I love this game, it is truly amazing, even without its difficulty. It has the best combat of any rpg ever. And the open world system works much better than demon souls hub and stages... and bonfires work better than restarting a level lol.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
24.10.2011 - 09:30
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by whatsacow on 23.10.2011 at 17:25

Discuss !!!

Ah. This boss is piss easy. All his attacks are magic based, so just try and evade them. If you use a bow, or magic, you'll kick its ass pretty easy. If you're a melee type (Like I was) Just evade it till he lands, then run over, dish out some punishment, then when it starts glowing, run like fuck before he blows up. Then repeat.

Has anyone else found the drake sword? It helps a lot, and its pretty easy to get it. Just look it up on youtube.

I'm up to the Caprica Demon atm (under the undead parish) and he is the meanest, most bastardly bastard I've faced. As soon as you enter, he runs at you, and if you arent blocking or evading, he'll kill you in one hit. He's strong AND fast. The area to fight is small so magic doesnt work, and, worst of all, he has two fucking mutts that you have to deal with. Theyre easy to kill, but not while this evil bastard is trying to kill you.
So I gave up for a bit, and decided to grind for a bit, trying to get my stamina up so I can block heaps of his attacks, and then attack without running out of stamina.

But yeah, I love this game, it is truly amazing, even without its difficulty. It has the best combat of any rpg ever. And the open world system works much better than demon souls hub and stages... and bonfires work better than restarting a level lol.

totally agree I love their bonfire systeme also the potions .. great idea. But yeah thanks for the hints but I finally beat that fucker. And for the Capra Demon just dodge its first dash or attack by using the holes in the wall (the colums) at your right while entering then run around them but avoid rolling, climb the stairs the dogs will be the first to get there hit them few times it should do it but never engage him when the dogs are still alive. You'll see most of the time h'ell go under you on that little platform up the stairs when you're done killing the rabid dogs plunge on him from that place you'll deal a shit load of dmg. Then run around him always at close melee with your shield up and slice that bastard to death.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
24.10.2011 - 10:02
whatsacow
Written by Guib on 24.10.2011 at 09:30

Written by whatsacow on 23.10.2011 at 17:25

Discuss !!!

totally agree I love their bonfire systeme also the potions .. great idea. But yeah thanks for the hints but I finally beat that fucker. And for the Capra Demon just dodge its first dash or attack by using the holes in the wall (the colums) at your right while entering then run around them but avoid rolling, climb the stairs the dogs will be the first to get there hit them few times it should do it but never engage him when the dogs are still alive. You'll see most of the time h'ell go under you on that little platform up the stairs when you're done killing the rabid dogs plunge on him from that place you'll deal a shit load of dmg. Then run around him always at close melee with your shield up and slice that bastard to death.

Thanks for the hints. What class are you, and what level?
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
24.10.2011 - 17:10
whatsacow
I defeated the caprica demon!!!!!! I found that ledge at the top of the stairs, and when he attacks you, he falls down. Brilliant!
----
24.10.2011 - 17:37
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by whatsacow on 24.10.2011 at 17:10

I defeated the caprica demon!!!!!! I found that ledge at the top of the stairs, and when he attacks you, he falls down. Brilliant!

Good job man ! and yeah Im a bandit level 30, Im high in Endurance, Strength, Vitality and Dex I also did put some points in Dexterity to be able to use the Gargoyle Axe.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
24.10.2011 - 17:41
@gent_-_orange

Does your character know any magic? if so the fight is a lot easier. Regardless if he does or not you just have to wait him out. His homing projectile is easily dodge'd if you wait till the last minute and dodge. Try to get it to curl towards you then dodge underneath it (this is a bit awkward to describe, His spike attacks can be dodged also but its best to get into cover behind the gate when possible, If not just use your shield. It is much easier if you have a shield with high magic defence also. his beam can also be rolled under with the right timing.

After dodging enough attacks the butterfly will come down to recharge, Just smack him about till he charges his AOE and run like hell. Rinse and Repeat.
24.10.2011 - 17:46
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by @gent_-_orange on 24.10.2011 at 17:41

Does your character know any magic? if so the fight is a lot easier. Regardless if he does or not you just have to wait him out. His homing projectile is easily dodge'd if you wait till the last minute and dodge. Try to get it to curl towards you then dodge underneath it (this is a bit awkward to describe, His spike attacks can be dodged also but its best to get into cover behind the gate when possible, If not just use your shield. It is much easier if you have a shield with high magic defence also. his beam can also be rolled under with the right timing.

After dodging enough attacks the butterfly will come down to recharge, Just smack him about till he charges his AOE and run like hell. Rinse and Repeat.

I already defeated it though but thanks. I found that you rather just block the spikes and move slowly to try and avoid them from a distance, always stick to the small rock wall in his direction so one of the spikes will fall on hit and miss you. Also the balls he shoot after are easily dodge, you just wait till they are really close to you then roll in their direction, its an instant dodge all the time. For the beam just run to one far end of the place and itll never hurt you. The only attack that I hate is the big blue exploding ball he shoots thats kinda hard to dodge but still possible to acheive

Now my problem is more with the metal warrior at the bottom of the Watch tower basement, this morther fucker hits hard and has a load of defence
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
24.10.2011 - 17:54
@gent_-_orange
Written by Guib on 24.10.2011 at 17:46

I already defeated it though but thanks. I found that you rather just block the spikes and move slowly to try and avoid them from a distance, always stick to the small rock wall in his direction so one of the spikes will fall on hit and miss you. Also the balls he shoot after are easily dodge, you just wait till they are really close to you then roll in their direction, its an instant dodge all the time. For the beam just run to one far end of the place and itll never hurt you. The only attack that I hate is the big blue exploding ball he shoots thats kinda hard to dodge but still possible to acheive

Yeah Thats a good way of doing it, With the big blue ball it is easier to just leg it along the bridge. He gave my Character hell because I was too reckless, But I just persevered and beat him eventually. Being a low level for the area was not all that good either.

Oh if you havent already done this I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND buying the crest from the blacksmith. You can use it too open the door next to the bonfire, It contains some powerful hostile NPC's but they give you loads of souls if you kill them (2000,1000 and 2 unique enemies that dont respawn that give you 5000), There is a bonfire hidden behind the wall next to the door also, So its an excellent place to get souls if you ever find yourself stuck.
24.10.2011 - 17:59
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by @gent_-_orange on 24.10.2011 at 17:54

Yeah Thats a good way of doing it, With the big blue ball it is easier to just leg it along the bridge. He gave my Character hell because I was too reckless, But I just persevered and beat him eventually. Being a low level for the area was not all that good either.

Oh if you havent already done this I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND buying the crest from the blacksmith. You can use it too open the door next to the bonfire, It contains some powerful hostile NPC's but they give you loads of souls if you kill them (2000,1000 and 2 unique enemies that dont respawn that give you 5000), There is a bonfire hidden behind the wall next to the door also, So its an excellent place to get souls if you ever find yourself stuck.

you're talking about the 20 000 souls crest yeah I thought about it but hell Ill have to grind alot
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
24.10.2011 - 18:07
@gent_-_orange
Written by Guib on 24.10.2011 at 17:59

you're talking about the 20 000 souls crest yeah I thought about it but hell Ill have to grind alot

Yes but it is well worth it. Some bosses will give you that when you beat them later anyway.
24.10.2011 - 18:09
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by @gent_-_orange on 24.10.2011 at 18:07

Yes but it is well worth it. Some bosses will give you that when you beat them later anyway.

Lol yeah did you actually finish the game already
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
24.10.2011 - 19:02
whatsacow
Written by Guib on 24.10.2011 at 17:37

Written by whatsacow on 24.10.2011 at 17:10

Good job man ! and yeah Im a bandit level 30, Im high in Endurance, Strength, Vitality and Dex I also did put some points in Dexterity to be able to use the Gargoyle Axe.

Nice. I'm a level 32 Knight. I've spent most of my souls on endurance, vitality (my health bar takes up most of the screen), strength, dexterity, and I'm starting to spend big on magic now. Just going through the depths now. Those fucking slime things are annoying as shit.
----
24.10.2011 - 19:15
@gent_-_orange
Written by Guib on 24.10.2011 at 18:09

Written by @gent_-_orange on 24.10.2011 at 18:07

Not yet but I am quite far into it.
25.10.2011 - 00:46
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Wow guys can we trim the quotes?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
25.10.2011 - 09:48
whatsacow
Quote:
Written by @gent_-_orange on 24.10.2011 at 19:15

Where level and class are you? And is everyone playing on ps3 or xbox360?
----
25.10.2011 - 13:02
Guib
Thrash Talker
Quote:
Written by whatsacow on 25.10.2011 at 09:48

Well I bought it on Ps3 since I've played demon's on PS3.

And Troy, omg you popped here just to say that ?? lol
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
25.10.2011 - 13:10
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guib on 25.10.2011 at 13:02

The "pyramids" make the page look ridiculous and untidy.
25.10.2011 - 15:11
@gent_-_orange
Quote:

Im on PS3 I chose to play as a knight and i am Soul level 77/78 i think. I know basic magic and miracles, But most my stats go into Melee such STR , DEX and Endurance.
25.10.2011 - 15:13
whatsacow
Written by Guib on 25.10.2011 at 13:02

Well I bought it on Ps3 since I've played demon's on PS3.

Nice. Same here. I have both, but I prefer my playstation 3. Whats your psn username?
----
25.10.2011 - 16:16
whatsacow
Quote:
Written by @gent_-_orange on 25.10.2011 at 15:11

Im on PS3 I chose to play as a knight and i am Soul level 77/78 i think. I know basic magic and miracles, But most my stats go into Melee such STR , DEX and Endurance.

Fuck me sideways! I bought it on the day it came out and I'm level 34! Damn...
----
25.10.2011 - 23:45
Guib
Thrash Talker
Quote:
Written by whatsacow on 25.10.2011 at 16:16

Written by @gent_-_orange on 25.10.2011 at 15:11

Fuck me sideways! I bought it on the day it came out and I'm level 34! Damn...

Oh I don't play online lol
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
26.10.2011 - 16:58
whatsacow
Written by Guib on 25.10.2011 at 23:45

You're missing out. I got invaded by some guy today, he was 3 levels below me, and I kicked his ass. Got some amazing armour.

I just went back to the undead asylum. Doing this is a must. You get this ring that makes it so you have full maneuverability in water. Also, just killed the gaping dragon. That thing is terrifying. He spits acid at one stage that destroys your equipment. I lost some decent armour. I killed him in one go, but the fight was very taxing on my nerves and fingers. I was scared shitless the whole time. In fact, I was scared the entire time I was in the depths. Especially after I got cursed by one of those frog lizard things. You die if you get cursed, and you lose half your hp!!! Oh well, I went back to the first bell and got cured (thank god). Now I dont really know where to go. Im thinking of going down to darkroot basin next... but idk.
----
27.10.2011 - 02:03
@gent_-_orange
Written by whatsacow on 26.10.2011 at 16:58

You're missing out. I got invaded by some guy today, he was 3 levels below me, and I kicked his ass. Got some amazing armour.

I just went back to the undead asylum. Doing this is a must. You get this ring that makes it so you have full maneuverability in water. Also, just killed the gaping dragon. That thing is terrifying. He spits acid at one stage that destroys your equipment. I lost some decent armour. I killed him in one go, but the fight was very taxing on my nerves and fingers. I was scared shitless the whole time. In fact, I was scared the entire time I was in the depths. Especially after I got cursed by one of those frog lizard things. You die if you get cursed, and you lose half your hp!!! Oh well, I went back to the first bell and got cured (thank god). Now I dont really know where to go. Im thinking of going down to darkroot basin next... but idk.

The depths is quite intimidating when you first go in no doubt about it. You can unlock the closed gate next to the merchant to go into blight town if you havent already. That is the way to the next bell. Bring some poison and toxic cures mind.

Also if you havent already i would recommend killing the knight in golden armour who appears at firelink shrine after you kill the gargoyle's, He drops a ring that gives you 20% extra Health, Stamina and Equip Burden, This ring is excellent for Melee fighters, Unfortunately it breaks if you take it off but you should never do that.
27.10.2011 - 11:08
whatsacow
Written by @gent_-_orange on 27.10.2011 at 02:03

Written by whatsacow on 26.10.2011 at 16:58

The depths is quite intimidating when you first go in no doubt about it. You can unlock the closed gate next to the merchant to go into blight town if you havent already. That is the way to the next bell. Bring some poison and toxic cures mind.

Also if you havent already i would recommend killing the knight in golden armour who appears at firelink shrine after you kill the gargoyle's, He drops a ring that gives you 20% extra Health, Stamina and Equip Burden, This ring is excellent for Melee fighters, Unfortunately it breaks if you take it off but you should never do that.

He has killed me that many times. I use both magic and melee, depending on the situation, but Mainly melee, so that ring will help heaps I reckon. Thanks It's funny because I have no problems with most bosses, but smaller enemies like knights fuck me up something shocking.
----
27.10.2011 - 19:55
@gent_-_orange
Quote:
Written by whatsacow on 27.10.2011 at 11:08

He has killed me that many times. I use both magic and melee, depending on the situation, but Mainly melee, so that ring will help heaps I reckon. Thanks It's funny because I have no problems with most bosses, but smaller enemies like knights fuck me up something shocking.

His armour means he wont stun when unless you hit him with really heavy weapons, But believe me the ring is well worth the risk. Also i think his hook like weapons have an attack that can cut straight through your block. Keep trying and you will get him
27.10.2011 - 20:54
whatsacow
Quote:
Written by @gent_-_orange on 27.10.2011 at 19:55

His armour means he wont stun when unless you hit him with really heavy weapons, But believe me the ring is well worth the risk. Also i think his hook like weapons have an attack that can cut straight through your block. Keep trying and you will get him

Made severe progress today. I defeated that bastard (that ring is awesome) I defeated the hydra, I defeated the Red Dragon ( I found an amazing exploit, that if you don't know about, you should. When you got to the place in undead parish where you meet the boar, go to the top of the tower where a knight is. Kill him. On top of the tower you should see the dragon. Shoot it in the back once. He'll fly off, die off screen and get you 10000 souls. Although when he flew off, I shit myself thinking he was coming after me ) I defeated a ton of those electric shooting dragon things, and the undead dragon who gives you a kickass sword and shield. Anyway, i think thats enough sadism for one day. Time to rest.

Where are you up to by the way?
----
27.10.2011 - 23:38
@gent_-_orange
Quote:
Written by whatsacow on 27.10.2011 at 20:54

Made severe progress today. I defeated that bastard (that ring is awesome) I defeated the hydra, I defeated the Red Dragon ( I found an amazing exploit, that if you don't know about, you should. When you got to the place in undead parish where you meet the boar, go to the top of the tower where a knight is. Kill him. On top of the tower you should see the dragon. Shoot it in the back once. He'll fly off, die off screen and get you 10000 souls. Although when he flew off, I shit myself thinking he was coming after me ) I defeated a ton of those electric shooting dragon things, and the undead dragon who gives you a kickass sword and shield. Anyway, i think thats enough sadism for one day. Time to rest.

Right at the end of the game now, Just have to defeat the final boss. But im not going to yet, I want to farm some materials for upgrades before i begin new game +.
28.10.2011 - 02:48
whatsacow
Quote:
Written by @gent_-_orange on 27.10.2011 at 23:38

Written by whatsacow on 27.10.2011 at 20:54

Right at the end of the game now, Just have to defeat the final boss. But im not going to yet, I want to farm some materials for upgrades before i begin new game +.

Fair enough. Yeah, I reckon this is a game I'll definitely play again too.
----
29.10.2011 - 01:59
MetalSpider
I still haven't picked this game up yet...and I was a huge fan of Demon's Souls. I'll probably pick it up soon...although Skyrim is also coming soon...gah!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!