Metal Storm logo
Wintersun

Original post

Posted by Elfeder, 23.05.2006 - 17:00
I was shocked when I noticed that no one created a topic on Wintersun it is so strange because this band is one of the best I know...they have just released one album but this album is fucking masterpiece,
I like their songs "Death and the Healing" and "Beautiful Death" they are great songs and this band is Idol for me.
20.11.2009 - 11:02
Angel Of Mercy
Written by Konrad on 19.11.2009 at 18:07

With all this production and orchestrating going on I honestly don't see how it could sub-par. Now, the deal is Jari has to wait for MetalBlade because they want to promote the Album for 3 months before it's released. Fucking annoying.

Totally agreed.

By promote I assume you mean tour, yes?
----
Your time will come.
26.11.2009 - 13:13
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
There are any news about album? or why are you talking about it again?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

29.11.2009 - 10:55
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
There are still 31 other days till end of December...maybe it is planned as Christmas surprise...
----

29.11.2009 - 12:32
FeskarN
That would be awesome but I don't think the album will be realase this year unfortunately :/ maybe next year or the year after that..
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
30.11.2009 - 18:15
Angel Of Mercy
It's never going to be released , It's turning into the Metal version of "Duke Nukem: Forever" people are still waiting for that game after 20 odd years.
----
Your time will come.
01.12.2009 - 06:20
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Written by Angel Of Mercy on 30.11.2009 at 18:15

It's never going to be released , It's turning into the Metal version of "Duke Nukem: Forever" people are still waiting for that game after 20 odd years.

You people aren't patient at all, it's just been 5 years since the self titled album came out and only 3 since Wintersun began work on Time. Plenty of bands take longer than that to put out albums. Look at Necrophagist for example, their first album came out in 1997, their second in 2004, and they are still working on their third album. Be patient. I hardly even think about how long Time is taking cause I'm busy with other things in my life.
01.12.2009 - 10:38
Angel Of Mercy
Very true
----
Your time will come.
02.12.2009 - 01:26
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
And Kalisia's Cybion took 10 years to finish...and it is great...yes...

but if you continuously claiming "the album is about to be released" (not talking about statements "it is so great! Wintersun was just rehearsal compared to this!") and then still moving the release date...when you assign your band to all season's metal fests and then cancel all shows (after thousands of fans bought tickets to see you) because of "problems with new album"...and finally when you keep silent in the time your hundred times postponed album was promised to be released...it is, you know...sort of fucked up...
----

02.12.2009 - 20:43
JÄY
Metal slave
Written by [user id=28338] on 02.12.2009 at 02:13

Written by Ellrohir on 02.12.2009 at 01:26

And Kalisia's Cybion took 10 years to finish...and it is great...yes...

but if you continuously claiming "the album is about to be released" (not talking about statements "it is so great! Wintersun was just rehearsal compared to this!") and then still moving the release date...when you assign your band to all season's metal fests and then cancel all shows (after thousands of fans bought tickets to see you) because of "problems with new album"...and finally when you keep silent in the time your hundred times postponed album was promised to be released...it is, you know...sort of fucked up...

yeah

yeah
02.12.2009 - 23:22
EmeraldSword
Hitler finds out Wintersun postponed the "Time" album:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GikgicSeEA4
03.12.2009 - 01:40

The above clip sums up this whole thread in four minutes. Brilliant!
----
'We entered Winter once again...The sun sets forever over Blackwater park'
03.12.2009 - 03:28
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Hahahaha, those Hitler rant-overdubs are always classic, this one made me laugh harder than usual though.

"It's like someone made the first and only oreo cookie on earth"
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
03.12.2009 - 05:02
Biedrik
Written by EmeraldSword on 02.12.2009 at 23:22

Hitler finds out Wintersun postponed the "Time" album:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GikgicSeEA4

Hah, fantastic. I think that at some point, somebody might actually have to bomb Finland to get this album to be released.
----
I'm selling metal posters! Ask me about them if you're interested.
03.12.2009 - 12:45
Warman
Erotic Stains
That Hitler video was some of the best I've ever seen! I completely agree with everything, like "Starchild. I love that fucking song. But I'm so sick of it."
It's funny because it's true. "Wintersun" is such a great album, but yes, I am so sick of it at the same time!
----
03.12.2009 - 17:47
JÄY
Metal slave
I love wintersun, too, but i just pray to god im not as much of a loser as you all seem to be
03.12.2009 - 19:30
FeskarN
The Hitler video is really awesome!
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
03.12.2009 - 19:52
EmeraldSword
Glad all you guys liked the video! Did you guys notice the "Time" album page on here changed release date to December 31st, 2010? http://www.prefixmag.com/reviews/wintersun/time/34834/ - confirms that release week, but I don't know if it's a trustworthy source. ::mind-boggles::
04.12.2009 - 00:00
Angel Of Mercy
Written by EmeraldSword on 03.12.2009 at 19:52

Glad all you guys liked the video! Did you guys notice the "Time" album page on here changed release date to December 31st, 2010? http://www.prefixmag.com/reviews/wintersun/time/34834/ - confirms that release week, but I don't know if it's a trustworthy source. ::mind-boggles::

If it's not confirmed on metalstorm it's not happening in my view.

Noticed you have four posts, welcome to the forum.
----
Your time will come.
04.12.2009 - 01:51
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Angel Of Mercy on 04.12.2009 at 00:00

Keep in mind we just set the release date that far back so people don't start voting for it, or panicing because it says it's supposed to be released in 2 days and the local CD store won't be getting it in. Dec 2010 is another way of saying "No confirmed date - better put on a pot of coffee." Could be later, could be sooner. We know about as much as you.
----
- George Carlin
04.12.2009 - 03:26
Angel Of Mercy
Written by Doc G. on 04.12.2009 at 01:51

Keep in mind we just set the release date that far back so people don't start voting for it, or panicing because it says it's supposed to be released in 2 days and the local CD store won't be getting it in. Dec 2010 is another way of saying "No confirmed date - better put on a pot of coffee." Could be later, could be sooner. We know about as much as you.

Yeah, but there's a track listing on that site. So maybe they know more then Metal Storm does.
----
Your time will come.
04.12.2009 - 03:28
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Angel Of Mercy on 04.12.2009 at 03:26

Yeah, but there's a track listing on that site. So maybe they know more then Metal Storm does.

It's very possible. They could also be wrong. Multiple different tracklistings for Chinese Democracy were listed before it was released.

EDIT: There's a tracklisting here too...
----
- George Carlin
04.12.2009 - 03:38
Angel Of Mercy
Written by Doc G. on 04.12.2009 at 03:28

Written by Angel Of Mercy on 04.12.2009 at 03:26

It's very possible. They could also be wrong. Multiple different tracklistings for Chinese Democracy were listed before it was released.

EDIT: There's a tracklisting here too...

I hadn't noticed that.

Thanks
----
Your time will come.
04.12.2009 - 11:06
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=26446] on 04.12.2009 at 08:51

You people have no lives seriously eh get the fukk over it and grow up and that Hitler video is one of the fukking dumbest things I have ever seen it's childish and immature.

Well, this is the Wintersun thread, so people come here to discuss things Wintersun, you seem to be overreacting a little bit. Also, I'd recommend reevaluating your standards of "having no life."

People came in here to talk about Wintersun, you came in here to bash people talking about Wintersun...Something about that seem a little bit off to you?
----
- George Carlin
04.12.2009 - 11:26
Warman
Erotic Stains
You tell it to him Doc! And that Hitler video surely isn't stupid, it's genious since it covers everything we talk about in this thread.
----
04.12.2009 - 15:28
Angel Of Mercy
True.
----
Your time will come.
05.12.2009 - 03:56
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=26446] on 05.12.2009 at 03:07

Yeah but seriously aren't you sick of reading the same posts over and over page after page there's more important things than waiting for an album that may never even be released...? I ain't having a go at anyone it's all good but yeah if that's your biggest problem in life when Time will be released well your a fukking lucky person is all I can say.

You're right, I'm sure that's what consumes these peoples thoughts 24/7.

I don't find it annoying at all because it's the Wintersun thread, I know what to expect when I come in here. Wintersun have done dick all in years, so that's the only thing there is to discuss.

I'm not a Wintersun fan by any means, but I am still curious to hear it.
----
- George Carlin
05.12.2009 - 13:59
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Doc G. on 04.12.2009 at 11:06

People came in here to talk about Wintersun, you came in here to bash people talking about Wintersun

this sounds like some Xzibit's..."Yo, dawg. I heard you like bashing people and you like bashing Wintersun. So we created this MS topic so you can bashing people talking about Wintersun while bashing Wintersun."
----

07.12.2009 - 01:50
Angel Of Mercy
................ Right....

Looks like the wintersun topics dead as they have done nothing for ages.
----
Your time will come.
07.12.2009 - 04:38
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Well, it seems 2010 is the year. The latest issue of Decibel magazine has a Nuclear Blast add that reads "New Albums in 2010" and Wintersun's logo is listed along with Arsis, Soilwork, Blind Guardian, and a lot of other good bands.
07.12.2009 - 04:54
Angel Of Mercy
Written by [user id=20536] on 07.12.2009 at 04:38

Well, it seems 2010 is the year. The latest issue of Decibel magazine has a Nuclear Blast add that reads "New Albums in 2010" and Wintersun's logo is listed along with Arsis, Soilwork, Blind Guardian, and a lot of other good bands.

That sounds great! but there hasn't been any update on the official wintersun website yet...

But it's good to know Nuclear Blast want an anticipated release.
----
Your time will come.