Metal Storm logo
Metallica

Original post

Posted by +{Jonas}+, 24.09.2008 - 04:44
Once again, topic for Metallica.

Quote:

WRITTEN BY X-CALIBER:
Youve been the one making the same excuse over and over again. I know its not 84. But even for 08, I still think that DM isnt an amazing album. So, why do you like it so much?

Because it's strong, agressive, fast, the solos are back, and it has SOME ELEMENTS form the old stuff. I loved ...And Justice For All so there's not really a reason for me to hate Death Magnetic. I enjoy every Metallica album, some more than others,. but DM is deffinitely in teh ones I like the most.

I mean, you can't expect that they make the same stuff they did in 83, when they were like 20 years old, when it's 2008, and they're 45 years old. Maybe they're not so skilled, maybe the album is mediocre, but since I am no musician, I can't really judge. People who bashed how "mediocre" the album supposedly is, for like 4 pages in teh past topic whould go and listen to Dram Theater or Porcupine Tree or sth. Like that, you'll find no mediocre stuff there.
20.10.2008 - 03:26
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by [user id=2084] on 19.10.2008 at 19:52

GAURENTEE

lol wat
20.10.2008 - 03:38
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 20.10.2008 at 03:26

GAURENTEE

lol wat

Gaurentee...what did you quote me for...it's...a word, no?
20.10.2008 - 03:55
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=2084] on 20.10.2008 at 03:38

GAURENTEE

lol wat

No, gaurentee is not a word. But guarantee is
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.10.2008 - 03:59
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.10.2008 at 03:55

GAURENTEE

lol wat

Wow...and I'M the one with the Professional Writing degree...now embarassing...
20.10.2008 - 04:04
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=2084] on 20.10.2008 at 03:59

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.10.2008 at 03:55

GAURENTEE

lol wat

Wow...and I'M the one with the Professional Writing degree...now embarassing...

You might have the degree but I am the Professional Subtitler and Translator haahhahahahaha
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.10.2008 - 04:11
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
And by now I meant how...fuckin typos...
20.10.2008 - 10:26
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Dane Train on 19.10.2008 at 18:53

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.10.2008 at 00:43

and also not And Justice it is safe to say that DM is far from being as overtly pretentious as And Justice.

Referring to the second half of "The Day That Never Comes" where Metallica tries to be Dream Theater?

as my brain can think, Dream Theater is a fan and follower of metallica! I dont see any problem if metallica did somthin like them now! OR MAYBE SOMEONE LIKE MARCEL THINKS Dream Theater's Genre is MAINSTREAM nowadays. in that way metallica wanted to make money! ROFL
30.10.2008 - 09:20
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
@Marc and Lucas ( Lucas who can conversate and I cant Lucas who can read but I cant ! )

well uve made me to read 4 pages about metallica! yesterday night I went home and read Metal Hammer's October issue, I read about Bob rock and Rick Rubin. but unfortunately none of band's memberes didnt say that Rick was walkin the studio! they were trying to complain the differences btw these 2 Producers. theyve said that Bob was a musician and he was a partner at write the lyrics and music, but Rick is not! they said that Bob was like a Principal in Studio but Rick isnt. Bob would asked about kirk's homewords if they r done or rnt! but Rick just want nice music he doesnt say u have to use Sharp F or #G ....., that was what I read and understand! he is not the one who is comin to studio first and the last one who locks the studios door as Bob. but they said that it WAS HIM WHO MADE METALLICA TO "BACK TO FUTURE" (1985). so it now I say Lucas PLZ learn to read, and when u read plz understand the truth not just what u want to hear!

@Lucas
this is true that we dont have Magezine's here in Iran, but its not nice to Critisize us, cause of this. know this that I have everything about metal which I need! maybe alot of Iranians doesnt but I pay alot and I have cause I one of my important reasons of Life is Listening and reading the music. maybe u PAY 4 EUROS FOR A METAL HAMMER FOR EXAMPLE BUT I PAYED NEAR BY 10 EUROS. dont think that u know everything there and we r blind and poor ppl. I dont mean that u think like that but ur actions and words means it.
yesterday I was speak, conversatre( or what u call !!) with marcel not with u, so plz if u think I dont know how to conversate plz dont JUMP IN MY CONVERSATIONS WITH OTHERS.

@Marc

I dont need to Prove that DM is a good album, cause its prove itself. and if u ask me I say that no one is agree with ur opinions about this album. (or just a little ppl who hates metallica)

Edit: yesterday Ive heard that all bands say that metallica's new album's produce is awful!! but when I was reading METAL HAMMER, I didnt see such thing. and the writer(i dont remember the name) was a man who interveiwd with metallica from the early 80's and he knew them so much. in his words I undertood that he thinks that metallica is back to the Future(1985). but I know that someone like Dr.Rock would answer me that:

"Wikipeda and MTV or Metal Hammer, hahahahah, how funny Sources for prove ur words" ROFL
so WHAT THE FUCK I HAVE TO SAY TO PROVE MY WORDS!?

even Rolling Stones is not a good reason?
31.10.2008 - 02:44
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by [user id=31891] on 30.10.2008 at 09:20

I dont need to Prove that DM is a good album, cause its prove itself. and if u ask me I say that no one is agree with ur opinions about this album. (or just a little ppl who hates metallica)

Edit: yesterday Ive heard that all bands say that metallica's new album's produce is awful!! but when I was reading METAL HAMMER, I didnt see such thing. and the writer(i dont remember the name) was a man who interveiwd with metallica from the early 80's and he knew them so much. in his words I undertood that he thinks that metallica is back to the Future(1985). but I know that someone like Dr.Rock would answer me that:

"Wikipeda and MTV or Metal Hammer, hahahahah, how funny Sources for prove ur words" ROFL

Well dude, IMO it doesn't matter if Metal Hammer or MTV or Wikipedia say it's either good or bad. Here in Colombia's the music press simply said DM is an "Instant Classic". But what matters when listening an album is not what a magazine says, 'cause after all, someone who makles a review is givin an opinion and it's completely subjective.
What really matters my friend is how you feel the albuim. If you think it's a masterpuiece, then itis for you, screw if everyone else says it sucks.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
31.10.2008 - 11:51
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 31.10.2008 at 02:44

Written by [user id=31891] on 30.10.2008 at 09:20

Well dude, IMO it doesn't matter if Metal Hammer or MTV or Wikipedia say it's either good or bad. Here in Colombia's the music press simply said DM is an "Instant Classic". But what matters when listening an album is not what a magazine says, 'cause after all, someone who makles a review is givin an opinion and it's completely subjective.
What really matters my friend is how you feel the albuim. If you think it's a masterpuiece, then itis for you, screw if everyone else says it sucks.

Im agree with u Jonas. but we had a conversation about Rick Rubin at Shout Box, and I wanted to prove that Rick is not Overated, it was what Marcel said!!! and I say why he thinks that Rick is bad just for metallica's Album?
he said he is overated, and lucas said that I cant read!!! cause they said that metallica have said:

"Rick was a walker in the Studio", and I went and read ! but I didnt read such Funny things, I just read about Defferences btw Rick and Bob.

but anyway, as u said everyone know that this album is good and fans like it.

but about the Prove thing! I asked Marcel why when Im against DM everyone is friendly with me! and when I say that DM is good, everyone is agaisnt me! and he answered:

"U didnt prove that DM is good!!!" , so its not me who want to prove this! these r them who want to prove somthing.
31.10.2008 - 20:43
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by [user id=31891] on 31.10.2008 at 11:51

Im agree with u Jonas. but we had a conversation about Rick Rubin at Shout Box, and I wanted to prove that Rick is not Overated, it was what Marcel said!!! and I say why he thinks that Rick is bad just for metallica's Album?
he said he is overated, and lucas said that I cant read!!! cause they said that metallica have said:

"Rick was a walker in the Studio", and I went and read ! but I didnt read such Funny things, I just read about Defferences btw Rick and Bob.

but anyway, as u said everyone know that this album is good and fans like it.

but about the Prove thing! I asked Marcel why when Im against DM everyone is friendly with me! and when I say that DM is good, everyone is agaisnt me! and he answered:

"U didnt prove that DM is good!!!" , so its not me who want to prove this! these r them who want to prove somthing.

I think I saw the conversation. I personally think that Rubin did a good job. I have the Some Kind Of Monster DVD, and seeign that, the lameness of St. Anger was mainly Bob's fault, spite all teh internal issues the band had. Wether if Rubin has produced rappers or god knows who, he has also produced NIN, for example, and Slayer. I really think he did a good job, mixed with the band's "good mood" and desire to take some elements of the old stuff and adapt 'em to the modern stuff.

You don't need to prove DM is good to Marcel or to Lucas. We know that for Marcel "Metallica died after MOP". There's no way that you, nor me, nor anyoen will convinve him that DM is good. As for Lucas well, I don't know what he thinks of Metallica, to be honest.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
01.11.2008 - 09:14
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Wanted: Rick Rubin, Dead or Alive.

this man has produced for metallica and suddenly Slayer didnt hire him for their last album !!!!
90,000,000 $ Award for the hunter cause of the 9th Sutido album thing!
01.11.2008 - 18:18
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Getting back to how Rubin worked on this album. I read an interview with Metallica in Aardschok one or two months ago where THEY themselves said that the only thing Rick did was walked in and only said if he did or di not like the song and then walk out again.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.11.2008 - 09:27
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
ROFL, what a good reason to take Rubin down. lol. his job was PERFECT with metallica. thanks RICK

Rick walked inside, Rick walked outside! Poor Rick doesnt have Skates or Motorcycle to come and go
04.11.2008 - 01:09
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Well the last album is very good comparing it to others in last 20 years. But IMO tracks are just unlistenable... Silly..
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
04.11.2008 - 05:17
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Deadmeat on 04.11.2008 at 01:09

Well the last album is very good comparing it to others in last 20 years. But IMO tracks are just unlistenable... Silly..

So...if Death Magnetic to you is better than any of the other Metallica albums from the last 20 years but it is unlistenable and silly, than that makes the Black Album, Load and Reload unlistenable and silly too?
04.11.2008 - 07:20
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.11.2008 at 18:18

Getting back to how Rubin worked on this album. I read an interview with Metallica in Aardschok one or two months ago where THEY themselves said that the only thing Rick did was walked in and only said if he did or di not like the song and then walk out again.

Lol. Is it just me or does Rick seem to be a really overhyped producer? The only good stuff I've heard from him has been stuff thats already pretty stripped down (I.E. Danzig, Late Johnny Cash etc). I'd probably have to search this into more detail to find direct proof that hes a lazy bastard, but it appears Metallica has already done it for me...
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
04.11.2008 - 08:25
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by [user id=2084] on 04.11.2008 at 05:17

Written by Deadmeat on 04.11.2008 at 01:09

So...if Death Magnetic to you is better than any of the other Metallica albums from the last 20 years but it is unlistenable and silly, than that makes the Black Album, Load and Reload unlistenable and silly too?

Sorry man, I wrote tracks 2,5 are unlistenable but it didn't appear. Tracks 1,4,8 and and parts of all the others are very enjoyable IMO. Sorry for my mistake.
One the other side I really find unlistenable many tracks from the albums you've mentioned! And this is the reason why never people loved those albums (especialy load, reload)..
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
04.11.2008 - 12:06
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 04.11.2008 at 07:20

Lol. Is it just me or does Rick seem to be a really overhyped producer? The only good stuff I've heard from him has been stuff thats already pretty stripped down (I.E. Danzig, Late Johnny Cash etc). I'd probably have to search this into more detail to find direct proof that hes a lazy bastard, but it appears Metallica has already done it for me...

it is Personal to the bones! u dont like his works it doesnt mean that his is good or bad! a band like Slayer who is one of the Giants in metal, used Rick Rubin for all of their albums. but when u dont count his works with slayer it means that u cant say that Rick is good or bad!
I dont like to start a meaningless conversation again! I just want to say that Rick is as God as Slayer but not in metal! in Produce, and noone can Critisize him! maybe he had bad works, I dont say all of his works r good. but UNFORTUNATELY his work with metallica was GODLIKE. but its normal when u dont like metallica, u have to find new ways to Critiseze them.

PS-1:Im not a Slayer fan!! but HUMAN must be Honest when he/she start to talk about even the things he/she doesnt like.

PS-2:Marcel, if was u! I would buy a motorcycle for Rick Rubin.
04.11.2008 - 12:20
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=31891] on 04.11.2008 at 12:06

a band like Slayer who is one of the Giants in metal, used Rick Rubin for all of their albums.

No, they didn't. Of course the first three albums were produced by someone else.
And also God Hates Us All & Christ Illusion weren't produced by Rick Rubin.

God Hates Us All was produced by Matt Hyde and mixed by Sean Beavan
Christ Illusion was produced and mixed by Josh Abraham.

And befroe you say I am wrong... I have the cd booklets right here in front of me.

Rick Rubin is the owner of Def American (the record xomanpy for which Slayer records)
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.11.2008 - 16:04
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.11.2008 at 12:20

a band like Slayer who is one of the Giants in metal, used Rick Rubin for all of their albums.

No, they didn't. Of course the first three albums were produced by someone else.
And also God Hates Us All & Christ Illusion weren't produced by Rick Rubin.

God Hates Us All was produced by Matt Hyde and mixed by Sean Beavan
Christ Illusion was produced and mixed by Josh Abraham.

And befroe you say I am wrong... I have the cd booklets right here in front of me.

Rick Rubin is the owner of Def American (the record xomanpy for which Slayer records)

True! as I said im not a fan of Slayer(maybe I'll say crap things about them, Apologize) but 6 albums of them Produced by him.(plus upcomin one= 7) + one live which I didnt right it here.

1986: Reign in Blood - 9.1
1988: South of Heaven - 8.8
1990: Seasons in the Abyss - 8.9
1994: Divine Intervention - 7.6
1996: Undisputed Attitude - 6.5
1998: Diabolus in Musica - 7.1
2008: untitled !!!! (which Ive knew it today!)

I think its enough! I knew all of their albums didnt produced by him but almost of them r as u see.

their first 3 albums:

1983: Show No Mercy - 8.5
1984: Haunting The Chapel [EP] 8.3
1985: Hell Awaits - 8.6
---------
2001: God Hates Us All - 7.7
2006: Christ Illusion - 8.1
04.11.2008 - 18:39
Valentin B
Iconoclast
From the Manowar website: "At a time when even bands with the word "metal" in their names dismiss the greatest rock genre ever, MANOWAR's music will never be tainted by trends or diluted by outside pressure"

omg noez i wonder who are they talking about
05.11.2008 - 02:18
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff

Written by Doc G. on 04.11.2008 at 07:20

it is Personal to the bones! u dont like his works it doesnt mean that his is good or bad! a band like Slayer who is one of the Giants in metal, used Rick Rubin for all of their albums. but when u dont count his works with slayer it means that u cant say that Rick is good or bad!
I dont like to start a meaningless conversation again! I just want to say that Rick is as God as Slayer but not in metal! in Produce, and noone can Critisize him! maybe he had bad works, I dont say all of his works r good. but UNFORTUNATELY his work with metallica was GODLIKE. but its normal when u dont like metallica, u have to find new ways to Critiseze them.

Uhh, what I said was not a critizism of Metallica....it was of Rick Rubin. Secondly, I'm not a big Slayer fan, I only own Christ Illusion and Reaign In Blood. Reign in Blood was not a huge album depth wise either. It just seems to me Rubin is incapable of producing anything with a lot of depth to it.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
05.11.2008 - 06:51
Black Mass
I missed out on tickets to the Metallica + Machine Head + The Sword show in London on 28 March
Now trying to work out if I can get to a gig in the USA or somewhere in Europe. Anyone planning on attending a Euro show?

I much prefer Rick Rubin as a producer than Bob Rock - that guy is just a friggin twat. I'm happy Metallica are rid of him and I'm also happy Slayer have him on board for their next album, he's got a good ear.
05.11.2008 - 10:09
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 04.11.2008 at 18:39

From the Manowar website: "At a time when even bands with the word "metal" in their names dismiss the greatest rock genre ever, MANOWAR's music will never be tainted by trends or diluted by outside pressure"

if they said such thing, they meant metallica. but plz type the source when u say somthin from them, Im waitin for the original text
05.11.2008 - 13:35
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by [user id=31891] on 05.11.2008 at 10:09

if they said such thing, they meant metallica. but plz type the source when u say somthin from them, Im waitin for the original text

lol. i actually said from where it is, and it's a word-for-word quote. look here a little down the page http://manowar.com/biography.html
05.11.2008 - 16:03
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 05.11.2008 at 13:35

Written by [user id=31891] on 05.11.2008 at 10:09

lol. i actually said from where it is, and it's a word-for-word quote. look here a little down the page http://manowar.com/biography.html

I like manowar, but such words doesnt fit with meatlheads I think.
06.11.2008 - 04:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
It is funny that Manowar should say such stuff since they ARE the BIGGEST posers around. I remember them saying they would never use keyboards on their albums and listen to their albums now...

Manowar are truly a disgrace to metal and what it stands for... unless metal = brainddead morons because then Manowar are the epitome of it.

Wimps and posers leave the hall easily translates into Manowar and Manowar leave the hall.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.11.2008 - 05:23
totaliteraliter
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.11.2008 at 04:49

It is funny that Manowar should say such stuff since they ARE the BIGGEST posers around. I remember them saying they would never use keyboards on their albums and listen to their albums now...

Manowar are truly a disgrace to metal and what it stands for... unless metal = brainddead morons because then Manowar are the epitome of it.

Wimps and posers leave the hall easily translates into Manowar and Manowar leave the hall.

Posers? Nah, they just forgot how to make good music at some point. But their 80s shit? If half of today's metal bands were as metal as that you wouldn't have to tell posers to leave the hall because the pure metalness of metal would cause them to spontaneously combust the moment they even thought about posing.

Besides, you can't really compare a revised stance on instrumentation with a band calling themselves Metal(lica) playing rock music on the poser scale. Then you have one band taking Immortal on tour while the other brings Bullet For My Valentine along...
06.11.2008 - 05:26
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by totaliteraliter on 06.11.2008 at 05:23

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.11.2008 at 04:49

Posers? Nah, they just forgot how to make good music at some point. But their 80s shit?

I am talking about the word poser as in the original meaning of the word

But Manowar's first couple of albums (up to Sign Of The Hammer) were great to classics, but even at that time they were already posers in the original meaning of the term as coined by the thrash movement.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996