Metal Storm logo
Malice Mizer / Moi Dix Mois

Original post

Posted by AntaeusM, 17.05.2006 - 04:25
Well, here is the new topic to discuss about Malice Mizer and Moi Dix Mois. Too bad the old topic is gone, it had quite a lot of information about both bands(thanks Darth Satanious and Linak for contributing your knowledge about them ). Anyway, a certain someone( ) claimed he had the last few posts of the old topic, so please post them so we can continue talking/discussing about them
07.11.2006 - 21:14
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
Oh, I can't find it anymore... hmm, and I can't really remember what it was like, so I need to download it again, but no worries, I still have the link ^^ That has to be done later though, because megaupload is being bitchy about download limit being exceeded pff. And first on the list is Phantasmagoria now, been meaning to check them out for a while now. But about the song Perish, it's a nice song, so I wonder how this new version is, as I forgot that xD hmm where on earth did that single fly off to... ^^'

Oh hey, here is a interview with Mana about the single
07.11.2006 - 23:04
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by Eddie on 07.11.2006 at 21:14

Oh hey, here is a interview with Mana about the single

Interesting interview, it is nice to see what he had to say about Perish and Forbidden. I cannot really say he is wrong, since he composed those songs. Let's just say they gave me a different feeling than he tried to make. Oh well, he wants to make more rearrangements in the future, not sure what to feel about that. As he called it, Neo-Pessimiste, that song is already good as it is, and I personally think that song is a bit too much leaning to the industrial side of music for the current line-up. Oh well, he does make me curious about the new album. If he just put more songs like the title track, Lamentful Miss on it, then I am happy with it. He is just standing on thin ice now with the rearrangements(from my point of view).

and it made me smile that he said a month goes by fast

I always enjoy it how he talks about his male fans, but I can see it is mostly the Japanese men he worries about. Oh well, I will definitely go to a live show, even when it was in Japan. Even if I have to stand between a large crowd of female fans I would prefer it of course if they just did a larger European tour..
10.12.2006 - 04:03
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Well, I just got the new single, as I said before, is way to expensive for me to e-buy them, it pretty much triples the price, so I downloaded it, sorry.

I liked it a lot, it sounds like more... solid, if I can use that expression, really good. The dopuble guityar gives MDM a lot of strenght and m,akes them sound more metal, more solid, with more structure, IMO. I felt as I was listening to it that a new era for MDM is coming, they sound more metal, and way more melancholic.

BTW, Nice interview, and Mana laughed, that's not fair! He's not supposed to laugh!

@Blackgir: The phrase in your sig, under the banner, completely slams dude!
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
14.03.2007 - 23:41
HauntingNazareth
Account deleted
Love the band. Only got a few songs on my computer though. =[
15.03.2007 - 18:42
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I listened to this band some weeks ago, but I didn't even know the name of the songs.
They sound good, quite a strange combination imo, the music sounds like a mixture between gothic, power and something more, maybe classical music or an ambience touch
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
19.03.2007 - 01:12
AntaeusM
Elite
Hm, anyone already listened the sample on the Moi Dix Mois official website? I am really curious about the new album to be honest. I am quite sure it will be an album I will love or hate, but not somewhere in between. It all depends what Mana is going to do with Seth's vocals, and if he keeps on focusing more on the twin guitars(as on Lamentfull Miss) or goes more for a Beyond the Gate direction. We will know very soon, the album will be released in 9 days from now.

Also, I have heard that Juka is going to release a solo single on the same day as the new Moi Dix Mois album will be released. Kamijo(former member of Lareine) and Hizaki had helped him in composing the song and releasing the song. I am really curious how Juka will sound like as a solo artist. It might turn out really well, since his vocals are really outstanding. Pff, another release to look forward to. A lot of good albums from Japan will be released at the end of this month
24.03.2007 - 03:21
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by AntaeusM on 19.03.2007 at 01:12

Hm, anyone already listened the sample on the Moi Dix Mois official website? I am really curious about the new album to be honest. I am quite sure it will be an album I will love or hate, but not somewhere in between. It all depends what Mana is going to do with Seth's vocals, and if he keeps on focusing more on the twin guitars(as on Lamentfull Miss) or goes more for a Beyond the Gate direction. We will know very soon, the album will be released in 9 days from now.

Damn.... Imust have it! And I agree with you... This is going to be a big surprise Mana has for everyone.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

23.04.2007 - 04:01
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Hey has anyone besides me got Dixanadu?
----

02.11.2007 - 23:49
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I've got some songs o the band and I have to admit that at the beginning I thought that this band was quite a stupid thing... I mean, because of the appareance of their memebers, but well, although I still don't like their appareance at all and think that it is something that is not really interesting, I got completely interested in their music, as it's a good and different style of gothic, imo. And the music itself has something that just caught my attention, I'm planning to get their whole discography
----

Sensorium - Epica
03.11.2007 - 18:10
Linak
I Own You Bitch
But are you talking about Malice Mizer or Moi Dix Mois?
----
Stick this up your fucking pee-aitch-dee.
19.02.2008 - 19:19
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by Linak on 03.11.2007 at 18:10

Moi Dix Mois, I don't know anything about Malice Mizer, except that it was a project of Mana, if I'm not wrong. oh, well, I have a doubt, maybe you could clarify it Linak. I got a song called "Bois de merveilles" and it doesn't appear on any Moi Dix Mois album, is the song from Malice Mizer?
----

Sensorium - Epica
20.02.2008 - 01:04
IronAngel
It is indeed Malice Mizer, the last song from Merveilles. Which has to be one of the greatest Japanese realeases of all time. You should really check Syunikiss, Ju te veux and Au Revoir, for example, from that album.

Malice Mizer isn't so much a project of Mana, it's a pretty legendary band from the 1990s, probably one of the most successful visual kei bands. (I don't have statistics, though.) They were active from 1992 to 2001, going through a few different phases. They're an odd bird, playing original stuff from classically influenced gothic to progressive music you could dance to. If you think Moi Dix Mois look strange, you should see their Merveilles era. http://www.germanrock.de/zeitung/sonderausgabe_1/bilder/japan/malice_mizer.jpg

I must say, they're one of the most interesting and original bands I know. I just love watching their live shows as well, the theatrics are masterful. But meh, I guess it's too late now. Moi Dix Mois were in Finland just last Autumn, but I missed them. Not that I'm a big fan of MDM though, they're not as catchy or interesting IMO.
10.02.2009 - 21:15
Linak
I Own You Bitch
Written by The Alchemist on 19.02.2008 at 19:19

Moi Dix Mois, I don't know anything about Malice Mizer, except that it was a project of Mana, if I'm not wrong. oh, well, I have a doubt, maybe you could clarify it Linak. I got a song called "Bois de merveilles" and it doesn't appear on any Moi Dix Mois album, is the song from Malice Mizer?

Oh dear, look how late I reply to this, Bois de merveilles is from Malice Mizer, on the Merveilles album, lovely song, lovely album, their best work by far. It's a shame Mana went berserk and Gackt just went plain wrong afterwards.

@Iron Angel: their lives were really something huh, one word, fanservice. <3
----
11.02.2009 - 16:23
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by Linak on 10.02.2009 at 21:15

Written by The Alchemist on 19.02.2008 at 19:19

Oh dear, look how late I reply to this, Bois de merveilles is from Malice Mizer, on the Merveilles album, lovely song, lovely album, their best work by far. It's a shame Mana went berserk and Gackt just went plain wrong afterwards.

@Iron Angel: their lives were really something huh, one word, fanservice. <3

Don't worry, anyways I discovered it some time ago and since then I've been getting more and more into Malice Mizer. I agree, Merveilles is their best album. Imo, Malice is a little better than Moi Dix Mois in some of their works, especially Merveilles and Beast of Blood
----

Sensorium - Epica
11.02.2009 - 17:27
Linak
I Own You Bitch
Feels weird to be talking about these bands after such a long time huh? I can say I've overcome my jrock obsession now, although these two amazing bands will always bring back nice memories. Can't really say that I listen to them a lot nowadays though, but I will always be keeping an eye on Mana's projects. And on Gackt's ass.
----