Metal Storm logo
Worst letdown ever.

Original post

Posted by selken, 29.01.2008 - 04:21
All these bands have been known for being elite both outside and inside metal world, but sometimes they got the wrong idea
Remeber when you were waiting even 3 years for your favorite band's brand new album, you run to the store buy the album (in a higher price cause is hot, you don't even want to wait until it gets cheaper) and back to your home or in your car you put that disc with that smell of new and push "Play" and you say WTF IS THIS??? Did I got a wrong album??, you check the cover and nop your nightmare is not, this albums sucks, well, that happened to me with last Sonata's album, I was about to crash my father's car because of the shock, well, I think you got my point, lets talk about your experience, tell us which album dissappointed you the most and how was your experience. C'mon ppl talk and get back here

Poll

Which album is the worst crap you ever wasted your money with?

Metallica - St. Anger
Other worse (really?, tell us which)
Megadeth - Risk
These albums are not so bad
In Flames - Come Clarity
Sonata Arctica - Unia
Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet
Helloween - Chameleon
Kreator - Endorama

Total votes: 257
12.01.2013 - 11:13
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Actually the title is totally wrong "worst letdown" actually means "biggest positive surpise" since the the title is made up of a double negative making it a positive
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.01.2013 - 13:54
Aristarchos
Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet is actually my favourite Children Of Bodom album, mainly because i hate their earlier albums.
12.01.2013 - 19:23
LordHypnos
Account deleted
Metallica & Lou Reed - Lulu. I didn't buy this piece of shit (fortunately) and I'll never buy it!
15.01.2013 - 14:14
Jtbmetal123
Metallica and Lou Reed - Lulu. I was so mad when I heard that. Worst album ever.
21.01.2013 - 02:47
squidrick420
Please add morbid angel's newest album to the list. They became like industrial goth music and lost every ounce of death metal in their bodies.
21.01.2013 - 09:03
king_matt
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.01.2013 at 11:13

Actually the title is totally wrong "worst letdown" actually means "biggest positive surpise" since the the title is made up of a double negative making it a positive

Thought that too. It should be titled "Greatest Letdown Ever".
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
21.01.2013 - 12:21
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by king_matt on 21.01.2013 at 09:03

Thought that too. It should be titled "Greatest Letdown Ever".

yeah either that or Biggest Letdown Ever
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.01.2013 - 03:38
ChromaBlue
Just KNEW St Anger would win this
----
Sick sick band: facebook.com/ArtemisRedeemer
30.01.2013 - 22:09
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw

Actually, it doesn't quite work like that.

If I say, "I cannot not like metal" It means I am unable to not like metal; the double negative makes it so I could also basically say "I can like metal" (although my point is somewhat lost, as the first way suggests that it is impossible for me to dislike metal).

In my previous example, the adverb "not" modifies the verb "cannot" into being the equivalent of "can". Saying the "worst letdown" is not a double negative, as "worst" is an adjective (not a verb or adverb) referring to a degree of quality, not a verb that implies action. "Worst" as an adjective modifies "letdown" into being a letdown of the lowest quality.
"Worst of the worst" sounds like a double negative, but it is not equivalent to "the best".
----