Metal Storm logo
What band have you played out?

Original post

Posted by LeChron James, 06.02.2008 - 12:31
Have you ever liked a band so much that you're now sick of them? if so, who? discuss.
31.07.2008 - 11:24
slavemask
Account deleted
Definitely Metallica
01.08.2008 - 03:18
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Guest on 31.07.2008 at 11:24

Definitely Metallica

do you think death magnetic will reignite your interest?
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
01.08.2008 - 08:28
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I don't listen to the same thing enough for me to get tired of bands, so the only band I can think of who I used to like but now can't stand is Opeth. I've never listened to them all that much, but I can't even bear the thought of playing one of their albums anymore.
01.08.2008 - 08:30
thesabbathfan
i try to never listen to more than like 5 tracks a day by a band to make sure I never get sick of'em.

but yes, in the magic land of 2005, I wouldn't stop listening to dragonforce, metallica, and the rolling stones now i'm sick of'em all.
----
01.08.2008 - 09:14
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Dangerboner on 01.08.2008 at 08:28

I don't listen to the same thing enough for me to get tired of bands, so the only band I can think of who I used to like but now can't stand is Opeth. I've never listened to them all that much, but I can't even bear the thought of playing one of their albums anymore.

ive tried multiple times to see what the big fucking deal about opeth is. they make good music, nothing impressive but good music. i dont see why people lose their shit everytime opeth is mentioned.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
01.08.2008 - 11:38
dellivererr
Account deleted
There have defenely been time that i've listened to songs to a mental overload so ive had to leave them be for a while. but I always come back to them.
01.08.2008 - 15:32
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Can't stand In Flames right now because i overplayed them. It's sad because they were the ones who got me into more heavier music.
01.08.2008 - 16:58
slavemask
Account deleted
Written by LeChron James on 01.08.2008 at 03:18

Definitely Metallica

I honestly don't think so, but I'll definitely give it a listen.
02.08.2008 - 00:25
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Guest on 01.08.2008 at 16:58

Written by LeChron James on 01.08.2008 at 03:18

Definitely Metallica

I honestly don't think so, but I'll definitely give it a listen.

yeah. even potentially shitty albums deserve some kind of attention.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

02.08.2008 - 22:47
Insects Of Death
Account deleted
i played out killswitch engage i listed to all there albums and then kept repeating them until i was sick of them.
08.08.2008 - 23:58
Vader, I have thrashed them to death. Still love them though I just dont listen to them so often.
----
09.08.2008 - 10:28
esp1988
Account deleted
dio
24.10.2008 - 03:13
gocasaca
Not realy bands ( maybe Labyrinth ), but songs, oh, yeah! I really love DT but Pull me under I obviously played on reapeat to much. Hammerfall - heeding the call, Stratovarius- the kiss of judas, Sonata Arctica- My Land...just exemples.
12.11.2008 - 04:02
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
My roommmate had played out "From Mars to Sirius" by Gojira for me. the only song he listens to from that album is "Flying Whales". There are equally awesome tracks on that album that are poentially better but he hasnt given it a full listen.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

12.11.2008 - 07:16
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I don't know if it counts but I played out Obituary...I guess that is easy because Nardy snarls out the same thing all the time and the riffs combined with the tone quality they use for every song can get repetitive...I played out Back From The Dead for sure...
12.11.2008 - 09:36
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by LeChron James on 12.11.2008 at 04:02

My roommmate had played out "From Mars to Sirius" by Gojira for me. the only song he listens to from that album is "Flying Whales". There are equally awesome tracks on that album that are poentially better but he hasnt given it a full listen.

Why is it that every time I hear about your friends... Their doing something stupid. But why would you talk about how cool they were?... whatever, everythings gone to busto
----
Coldgrits
12.11.2008 - 12:00
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by -DC-002- on 12.11.2008 at 09:36

Written by LeChron James on 12.11.2008 at 04:02

Why is it that every time I hear about your friends... Their doing something stupid. But why would you talk about how cool they were?... whatever, everythings gone to busto

its the nature of the people i associate with. its just how we do. but this has come through sober, unalterated experience. nothing stupid has ocurred in killing the entire Gojjira album. most of my other friends refuse to listen to my metal music because they're just not that kind of people. please come to realize that these people are the stereotypical college people that listen to reggay and rap only. if i had a choice in the music that was played during the parties that i attend at their residences, then i most DEFINITELY WOULD.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

15.11.2008 - 18:19
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
Probably Rammstein. I have not listened to them since I went to the Madrid gig from the Reise, Reise tour. I have lost interest in Industrial Metal and discovered many other bands with German lyrics, like Equilibrium or which fit my interests closer.
15.11.2008 - 22:29
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I've played out so many progressive metal bands over the years that I'm moving into new territory...for example, I'm playing Misery Index right now...
20.11.2008 - 01:16
BrightNight
Hmm cant say i overplayed bands. I always listen to a diverse playlist and change my cd's often in the player. I just have "periods" in which i listen to a band more.....and then after some time i listen more to another band, and pick up with the first again in some time. Im not overplaying bands because i think my taste for good music is...well, good So i cant get enough of it!

But there are some bands i can only listen to for a few minutes....a song or 3, and then i have to put on another band because if i dont, i WILL overplay them. I just dont wait for that to happen.
----
"So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive you must be brave
Or you children of today are Children of the Grave."
20.11.2008 - 01:42
TheVonBraun
Account deleted
Megadeth for me. I had a brief craze and now I realy don't enjoy listening to their stuff...
20.11.2008 - 09:33
Eeric
Account deleted
In Flames and tarja-era-Nightwish, and dream theater.
22.11.2008 - 16:20
Frankenchrist
Opeth, chilren of bodom.
----
Blat Blat
25.11.2008 - 12:13
Judas
The Amputator
I recently binged on Nightwish a little too much, that was the first time I had listened to them in almost a year and I think I overdid it. The next thing I did was go out and buy the new Darkthrone!
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
26.11.2008 - 12:29
TheBigRossowski
I'm still a HUGE SOTM fan, but I definitely listened to 'Antithesis' and 'CISW' way TOO much. I haven't listened to them in at least one month now. I can still imagine the songs almost perfectly in my head though. Its disturbing. lol
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
27.11.2008 - 00:36
benvolent
System of a down have somehow died for me with 'mesmerize'. And I also can't stand the older stuff anymore, unfortunately! But it's like the newer stuff everytime comes up to my mind and awfully annoys me, when listening to any of their songs..
----
The struggle to free myself of restraints, becomes my very shackles
27.11.2008 - 09:11
TheBigRossowski
Written by benvolent on 27.11.2008 at 00:36

System of a down have somehow died for me with 'mesmerize'. And I also can't stand the older stuff anymore, unfortunately! But it's like the newer stuff everytime comes up to my mind and awfully annoys me, when listening to any of their songs..

Understandable, I can only listen to 'BYOB' a few times before wanting to blow my brains out! At least for SOAD, the old albums were tolerable... but I can't stand to go to some shit rock club with my wife and hear the SAME OLD SONGS (mostly from Mesmerize and Hypnotize). Naturally, they play the shit the kiddos want to hear. Why not Spiders for once?!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
28.11.2008 - 17:32
Jewfasa
Account deleted
Written by LeChron James on 06.02.2008 at 12:31

Have you ever liked a band so much that you're now sick of them? if so, who? discuss.

Im Going to say Dragonforce. I wouldn't Stop listening to them for about 3-5 months straight a few years ago and i havn't really listened to them since. I love there albums especially Sonic Firestorm. so Dragonforce and id say Manowar.
29.11.2008 - 03:19
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Guest on 28.11.2008 at 17:32

Written by LeChron James on 06.02.2008 at 12:31

Im Going to say Dragonforce. I wouldn't Stop listening to them for about 3-5 months straight a few years ago and i havn't really listened to them since. I love there albums especially Sonic Firestorm. so Dragonforce and id say Manowar.

DragonForce is hella drunk live, which can be interpreted as a good thing or bad thing depending on personal preference. i thought it was funny until Z.P. started throwing open water bottles at the crowd.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

29.11.2008 - 03:55
Gigginova
Account deleted
Right now I can't remember, but a year ago, I overplayed Lost Horizon. It was so sad because their music is so empowering

But I listen to them again now! Yay.