Metal Storm logo
Favorite 'Second Tier' 80s Thrash Band

Original post

Posted by Hangar XVIII, 15.05.2008 - 16:20
We all have seen countless topics about the 'Big Four' of 80s thrash, but these were three bands that never quite made it to the top. In fact, some say that if Testament had released a few more good albums, they would have made the big four a 'big five'. Which is your favorite?

Poll

Which is your favorite?

Testament
Exodus
Overkill

Total votes: 63
24.03.2011 - 10:04
rudski
Deat Angel
24.03.2011 - 12:44
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
Overkill for me
02.04.2011 - 05:56
blacktooth85
Testament, but Exodus is right up there.
02.05.2011 - 04:10
Doom Trooper
Exodus by far. They really are one of the most aggressive american thrash bands especially coming from the bay area. Everything from thei,r pissed off lyrics to their one of a kind guitar tone. They have one of, if not, THE best drummers in thrash as well. Even to this day, they are one of the few thrash bands that just keep thrashing your face off with every new album. Shovel Headed Kill Machine is actually one of my favorite Exodus albums. And all these people who want to get pissed off about Rob Dukkes' tough guy attitude needs to realize that every singer thats ever been in Exodus has always been the same way. Their lyrics have always been full with of cheesy angry one liners. With a band that plays the type of music they do, you need a front man like Dukkes.
02.05.2011 - 21:56
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Testament is my favourite among these 3 bands; I can listen to their whole discography and find enjoyment. I was never much impressed with Exodus. As for Overkill, I enjoy just 4 albums and their discography is quite numerous.
02.05.2011 - 22:11
Yasmine
Same, but I do like Overkill a bit. Years of Decay.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
12.08.2011 - 15:15
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
I still have to listen to Testament before voting.
But concerning Exodus and Overkill, I sometimes prefer Bonded By Blood and The Years Of Decay over some big 4 stuff.
24.08.2011 - 15:25
Testament for me, their first 4 albums, even 5, for me are so classic. Many a late night spent headbanging to the sounds of Testament
25.08.2011 - 18:51
Mattybu
Ah, good old tier two. I voted Testament, their first two albums are brilliant and better than anything Exodus and Overkill have to offer, for me anyways. Speaking of Overkill, their only album that really gets me is Ironbound, for some reason a lot of their earlier stuff seems really messy to me.