Metal Storm logo
Star Wars

17.05.2006 - 06:10
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer

How many of you enjoy these movies as much as I do? I have to say that I am a fan of these movies to such extent as to have action figures hanging in my bedroom's walls, buying the first three movies in original DVDs (the next three are coming soon), having the "Clone Wars" episodes in VHS, memorizing lines of the movies and owning some comic books from the new episodes.

I went to watch the second movie, which is the fifth, in the theaters with my sister's ex husband and that is when I got hooked by the series. Before that, I never had a curiosity for the movies and now that I look back I don't know why I didn't get into them earlier.

Then the episode three, Revenge of the Sith came in. I have been waiting ages for this movie and, when the chance came, I went to see it at the theaters in that same day it released at 12:00 AM (in spite that I had a test for my University at 7:00 AM that same day). It was such a grim experience to watch that movie along with so many fans of the series. They were all dressed as Darth Vader or as Jedi Knights and when things that had an impact to the fans, as the first breath of Darth Vader, we would be screaming until death of the emotion. Damn, they should present all the movies at the theaters again!

Some people think that the newest movies, the episodes for the first to the third movie, are a disgrace for the older movie but I have to disagree. In my opinion these movies are as good as the old ones and they still maintain that old Star Wars feeling in them. We all love Jar Jar Binks, don't we?

Join me all of you my apprentices and padawans!

Anyway, that is just me and a few million others that love all the movies. Just tell us what you think about the movies.

All hail George Lucas! :[
----
Christless
17.05.2006 - 17:40
Warman
Erotic Stains
Agree. I love Star Wars and I also think Episode I-III are just as good as the other movies. I watch the Star Wars movies at least 4 times every year, never get tired of them!
----
17.05.2006 - 18:48
Milan
Account deleted
Damn good film (every six of them). An amaizing story. It's one of the my favourite movies. Did you know that some people even accepted the jedi religion (in Canada i think)
17.05.2006 - 19:36
Eight
Shapeshifter
Started my career as a Star Wars freak at the age of 6 maybe 7, doesent matter, got all of the 6 movies, and im playing Star Wars: Jedi Knight3 - Jedi Academy for ~3 years allready, ive got a rank of a master in a clan (like anyone cares), so where am i heading ? Ow yes ofcourse, Star Wars is the humans Greatest creation, next to the wheel and bottle opener I am very thankful for that i watched 4,5 and 6-th episode like most of people did, at first, and 1,2 and 3-rd at last, can't imagine watching it 1..3...6, it was that moment that everyone was waiting so long, III Episode, when it all comes together, when everything takes its place.

Kids, remember, you can shave a wookie lots of times, but you can skin him once.

Darth Satanious, i will add: Lucas for president !
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
17.05.2006 - 21:09
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Favourite star wars quote:

I don't know, just fly casual!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
17.05.2006 - 23:45
Eight
Shapeshifter
Yes indeed that one rocks

Ok, now time comes to "what you hate the most" - Ow,ow me please, me !
Jar-Jar Binks must die! He brought stupid "humor" in SW...
----

18.05.2006 - 01:00
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Warman on 17.05.2006 at 17:40

Agree. I love Star Wars and I also think Episode I-III are just as good as the other movies. I watch the Star Wars movies at least 4 times every year, never get tired of them!

Who would get tired of any of them? :[

Written by Guest on 17.05.2006 at 18:48

Damn good film (every six of them). An amaizing story. It's one of the my favourite movies. Did you know that some people even accepted the jedi religion (in Canada i think)

Really? I didn't know that. Do they see George Lucas as their prophet or something? lol It must be pretty cool, except for the fact that I bet they may not be able to actually control the Force. They must be hardcore fans.

Written by Eight on 17.05.2006 at 19:36

Started my career as a Star Wars freak at the age of 6 maybe 7, doesent matter, got all of the 6 movies, and im playing Star Wars: Jedi Knight3 - Jedi Academy for ~3 years allready, ive got a rank of a master in a clan (like anyone cares), so where am i heading ? Ow yes ofcourse, Star Wars is the humans Greatest creation, next to the wheel and bottle opener I am very thankful for that i watched 4,5 and 6-th episode like most of people did, at first, and 1,2 and 3-rd at last, can't imagine watching it 1..3...6, it was that moment that everyone was waiting so long, III Episode, when it all comes together, when everything takes its place.

Kids, remember, you can shave a wookie lots of times, but you can skin him once.

Darth Satanious, i will add: Lucas for president !

Yes, Star Wars is a huge thing. It had an impact in the culture of the United States and in everywhere else, why not? It changed the way that movies were done. After these movies, companies started to give more and more millions of dollars in the creation of movies for special effects which resulted in good and bad things in the industry. I say bad things because now must movies, at least from the United States, focus only in special effects, in stimulating the eye rather than stimulating the mind. We cannot forget the technology that George Lucas helped to develop, he was the first in creating a digital techinique (something like that) to help edit movies and the Pixar company which had it's conception in the Skywalker Ranch too!

I think that even Steven Spielberg once said that he fell in love with the characters in Star Wars that Lucas, a fellow colleague of him, created. Steven Spielberg is one of the greatest directors there are and he has such words for Star Wars! You all got owned! :[

P.S. Jar Jar Binks is god!

Written by Susan on 17.05.2006 at 21:09

Favourite star wars quote:

I don't know, just fly casual!

Yeah, Han Solo ist krieg! :[

My favorite quote would be the most overused cliché in the Jedi's mouth: "I have a bad feeling about this." lol
----
Christless
18.05.2006 - 15:59
Eight
Shapeshifter
Why do you find Jar-Jar a good character ? He haven't done anything exept being a wacko
It's a sign ! my 666-th post ! Jar-Jar will die !
----

19.05.2006 - 19:01
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Eight on 18.05.2006 at 15:59

Why do you find Jar-Jar a good character ? He haven't done anything exept being a wacko
It's a sign ! my 666-th post ! Jar-Jar will die !

That he will die? Over my dead body!

Why do I like him? In my eyes, he is funny and also I consider that most opinions against this character are based in a trend that was created since Lucas said that he created him for kids. If that is so, then he awakens the little kid in me (in a grim and satanic way of course). lol No seriously, I think there is no problem there by having him and even more when he helps to show Anakin's innocence at that age by letting him laugh about his stupid actions. If it weren't for these scenes with Jar Jar he would be all the time among scenes of serious manners and would make everything too formal for that age, even when Anakin is bound to have such a serious life afterwards. It is a pity that we cannot see more of him in the following episodes but that is how it went so...
----
Christless
19.05.2006 - 19:14
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
I have never understood this phenomenon. I personally can´t stand "Star Wars" and think that all it represents is a very shallow dualistic idea about the "fight between good and evil" and is overall damn boring.
If I want good scpace adventure I choose "2001: Space Odyssey", thank you very much.

Love Ewoks, though
20.05.2006 - 04:16
Cthulu Corpse
Account deleted
The Star Wars movies are very good. One of my favourites! I like all of them and you can watch them many times without getting bored.

I dont have anything against Jar-Jar but i have against Chewbacca! He is boring and his voice is annoying, like he is complaining all the time.
20.05.2006 - 08:28
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by John Barleycorn on 19.05.2006 at 19:14

I have never understood this phenomenon. I personally can´t stand "Star Wars" and think that all it represents is a very shallow dualistic idea about the "fight between good and evil" and is overall damn boring.
If I want good scpace adventure I choose "2001: Space Odyssey", thank you very much.

Love Ewoks, though

A story always needs a conflict and in the immense majority of the times the fight between good and evil is used.

But Star Wars is not that lame movie you want to leave as. If it weren't for Star Wars things could be pretty different right now. I would like to point out some facts that give this movie importance over your regular fiction movies:

1) As I stated before, Star Wars changed the way movies were made by making companies invest more money in movies.

2) Star Wars was the first movie, of this type, to have a female character such a strong role in the movie. Usually women have role in which they are defenseless, victims of the circumstances where they have to be saved by the hero of the movie while, in Star Wars, we have princess Leia shooting and taking down enemies and even going in a mission to save his love. After Leia, some years afterwards, came Ripley with Alien.

3) Star Wars, unlike those movies at that time, where the only ones in giving to the antagonist redemption. After such a wicked life, even killing his minions, Darth Vader atones for his wrongs and kills the Emperor as the prophecy says.

Of course, this may not matter to you at all.

Now, if you like Ewoks and you do not know this, Ewoks appeared in the Star Wars animated series Star Wars: Ewoks (1985-1987) and two TV specials, Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure (1984) and Ewoks: The Battle for Endor (1985). If you like them that much you can go and find this for rent, I have seen places here where they are available so I guess it won't be different there.

Written by Guest on 20.05.2006 at 04:16

The Star Wars movies are very good. One of my favourites! I like all of them and you can watch them many times without getting bored.

I dont have anything against Jar-Jar but i have against Chewbacca! He is boring and his voice is annoying, like he is complaining all the time.

You have something against the mighty Chewbacca!? Blasphemy, heresy! You find him boring because you do not speak Shyriiwook.
----
Christless
20.05.2006 - 13:09
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Yea, I think Star Wars are pretty neat.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
20.05.2006 - 18:48
Avenant
Profane Seraph
Star Wars is awesome, especially the original 3 films... Empire Strikes back really excites me
Need to re-watch them... you can never watch star wars enough times.
31.05.2006 - 19:20
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by Avenant on 20.05.2006 at 18:48

you can never watch star wars enough times.

pwnage. that's something I fully agree on and SW is the only movie I always watch with the same enthusiasm as I did for the first time
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
09.06.2006 - 16:39
Death Knight
I darn right love these movies, unfourtunately my girlfriend has only seen episode 2 and she didnt like much of it, so for 2 and half years ive been tryin to get her to watch it but she wont budge! she refuses to watch it! im in a delima!!
09.06.2006 - 17:10
Draklar
Account deleted
Written by Darth Satanious on 20.05.2006 at 08:28

Written by John Barleycorn on 19.05.2006 at 19:14

Love Ewoks, though

A story always needs a conflict and in the immense majority of the times the fight between good and evil is used.
But conflict between ultimate good and ultimate evil is unrealistic and seriously overdone. It's a rather common criticizm for many modern works. Such conflicts give bad ideas about how the real world works

Anyway, I enjoyed the Star Wars movies as a kid, but got bored of them eventually. After the fourth movie, to be precise (didn't watch the latest two). But I suppose I'm not much of a sci-fi fan anymore ;P

And by the way, I liked Jar Jar
09.06.2006 - 20:43
Ibanez07
Account deleted
I myself am a huge fan, I got hooked after the first 5 minutes of Return of the Jedi [yeah...I started off from the last], but I got the story straight! My closet is stuffed with the action figures and legos of them starting from when I was about 8...needless to say, didn't help me much with the opposite sex...but oh well.
09.06.2006 - 20:54
Draklar
Account deleted
Ah right, I forgot to say, Star Wars is filled with something that always annoyed me in whatever movie it appeared in:
The "Stormtrooper Syndrome" ;P
You know, the case when numerous "bad guys" aren't able to shoot the heroes, despise all the military training and die after one hit themselves, despise wearing all the armour. It's especially funny in SW, since it's said there "Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise."
09.06.2006 - 22:58
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Yepp yepp It's tr00, in the original trilogy not a single storm trooper hits his target and it still makes me laugh!
----
10.06.2006 - 15:12
Eight
Shapeshifter
Written by AnGina-- on 09.06.2006 at 22:58

Yepp yepp It's tr00, in the original trilogy not a single storm trooper hits his target and it still makes me laugh!

Actually, they have! in 6-th Episode, they shot R2D2
----

10.06.2006 - 23:58
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
@Draklar:

But conflict between ultimate good and ultimate evil is unrealistic and seriously overdone. It's a rather common criticizm for many modern works.

When do movies were forced to resort exclusively to realism? This is seriously overdone? Perhaps you are right; this may have started from the possible invention of Christianity and even previously to it. Back in 1977 this could have been far more "fresh", in theaters, than what it is right now.

Such conflicts give bad ideas about how the real world works

Only to weak minded people which can tell the difference between a movie and reality.

And by the way, I liked Jar Jar

As it should be.

@Ibanez07:

Don't worry for I started getting into Star Wars after the "Attack of the Clones" movie. lol A little late it was, I know. :S About that thing of fans of Star Wars not being attractive to the opposite sex I would say that it has just been a stereotype that has been created.

@Draklar:

The Stormtroopers may be good but not as good as our heroes. But, the Clone Troopers really got to slaughter several Jedi at the "Revenge of the Sith", the fact that the Stormtroopers are not as good as the Clone Troopers may be because of Jango Fett's departure and the possible inability of acquiring new cells from him which must have forced them to reuse cells and thus the quality of the Stormtroopers may not be as good as the one from a Clone Trooper. This is just what I think so don't put too much thought about it. lol

@Jester Eddie:

Did they really hit R2D2? I don't remember that. I just remember when a Super Battle Droid punched him and then R2D2 shocked him back. lol
----
Christless
11.06.2006 - 00:43
Draklar
Account deleted
I remember R2D2 was seriously damaged... That was because Luke's X-fighter (that's what they're called, right?) was hit in a space fight.
11.06.2006 - 17:48
Eight
Shapeshifter
He was shot when he was trying to open the doors to enter bunker where the power generator for Death Stars shield was. Poor trashcan
----

17.06.2006 - 17:00
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Guest on 11.06.2006 at 00:43

I remember R2D2 was seriously damaged... That was because Luke's X-fighter (that's what they're called, right?) was hit in a space fight.

The Rebel Alliance's starfighters were the X-Wings while the Galactic Empire's starfighters were the TIE Fighters.

X-Wing:

TIE Fighter:

Yes, he was hit by Darth Vader when Luke Skywalker was in his way to shoot at the little weak point in the Death Star. He was hit in the head badly and for a moment there it seemed that he would not appear in the next one. lol

Written by Eight on 11.06.2006 at 17:48

He was shot when he was trying to open the doors to enter bunker where the power generator for Death Stars shield was. Poor trashcan

Yeah, I remember now! It was when Princess Leia called him in order to let them in and, when he was already connected, he was shot. lol This little droid is not too lucky at all. Hey, don't call him a "trashcan"! If it weren't for him neither Leia nor Luke could have been born. He deserves respect.

Edit: Oh, I wanted to clarify something! Stormtroopers really get to hit our heroes. In that same scene where R2D2 gets hit, the Stormtroopers get to hit Princess Leia on her left arm. Then the Stormtroopers surround both her and Han Solo and what happens we all know.
----
Christless
17.06.2006 - 17:46
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Darth Satanious on 10.06.2006 at 23:58

The Stormtroopers may be good but not as good as our heroes. But, the Clone Troopers really got to slaughter several Jedi at the "Revenge of the Sith", the fact that the Stormtroopers are not as good as the Clone Troopers may be because of Jango Fett's departure and the possible inability of acquiring new cells from him which must have forced them to reuse cells and thus the quality of the Stormtroopers may not be as good as the one from a Clone Trooper. This is just what I think so don't put too much thought about it. lol

you sound like one of those hardcore fans...
anyway i like star wars, i watch the movies every year almost.my personal star wars top 6:
1.empire strikes back
2.revenge of the sith
3.return of the jedi
4.a new hope
5.the phantom menace
6.attack of the clones(i just love the part when anakin spoon-feeds padme!!! really kinky
17.06.2006 - 22:24
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Valentin B on 17.06.2006 at 17:46

Written by Darth Satanious on 10.06.2006 at 23:58

you sound like one of those hardcore fans...
anyway i like star wars, i watch the movies every year almost.my personal star wars top 6:
1.empire strikes back
2.revenge of the sith
3.return of the jedi
4.a new hope
5.the phantom menace
6.attack of the clones(i just love the part when anakin spoon-feeds padme!!! really kinky

Really, what gave it away? Was it my username (which is in part the name of a Sith Lord), my signature (that contains some of the words that took Anakin Skywalker to the depths of the dark side of the Force) or just simply my post? lol That may have sounded as me being a hardcore fan of the series but, in reality, I am not that into Star Wars as other fans are. A real "hardcore" fan of Star Wars knows more about Star Wars than George Lucas himself. lol

Can you explain me what you find kinky about this? lol

The list of my favorite Star Wars movies, in order of preference, would be this one (subject to change by further reflection):

1) Revenge of the Sith (The reason why I have this as the first one is because this movie is the "bridge" between both new and old Star Wars movies. We have characters that are found and not found in both movies and even spaceships and scenarios.)

2) Return of the Jedi (In this one we have the culmination of the movie series. We can watch the awaited confrontation of Luke and Vader and how Vader returns from the dark side of the Force by killing the Emperor.)

3) The Empire Strikes Back (Darth Vader tells Luke Skywalker that he is his father, what an tireless and timeless scene! [By the way, for those who did not know, not even the actors of the movie knew about this fact of Luke being the son of Darth Vader. George Lucas managed to make the scene without the knowledge of the actors. They got to know it at the moment the movie was shown at the theaters, when they went there to see it.])

4) Attack of the Clones (This movie has this position mainly because of Natalie Portman's acting. Also because of how we can explore Anakin's struggle between anger, hate, arrogance, love and the Jedi code. I have to say that I feel more sympathy to Anakin's story over Luke's because of how we get to know him better than Luke, of how the movie focuses in his personality and feelings. And for the last, we have Yoda fighting Count Dooku. Damn, what can be more amazing than watching that little green friend of ours fighting!?)

5) The Phantom Menace (Darth Maul may be one of the grimmest characters I have ever seen. It is such a pity that he parted so fast by being killed in that same movie. We can see Anakin in his childhood. We also have the great duel between Darth Maul and Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn.)

6) A New Hope (This would be my least favorite one because it, in spite of the fact that it is the first one and thus we owe everything to it, doesn't show something as important to the storyline, or not just too many things important to it as the others did. We have Luke learning of the Force, the meeting of all our heroes and the destruction of the Death Star, which would be reconstructed later on.)
----
Christless
17.06.2006 - 23:04
Valentin B
Iconoclast
"Really, what gave it away? Was it my username (which is in part the name of a Sith Lord), my signature (that contains some of the words that took Anakin Skywalker to the depths of the dark side of the Force) or just simply my post? lol That may have sounded as me being a hardcore fan of the series but, in reality, I am not that into Star Wars as other fans are. A real "hardcore" fan of Star Wars knows more about Star Wars than George Lucas himself. lol"
"lol"- i can't help not to agree with you there!
anyway i find it kind of childish,the scene which i was talking about,being it that anakin spoon feeds padme with the help of the force,when he is only allowed to use the force for much more "important" stuff,such as killing sith lords,clone troopers,and driving a fighter jet.plus obi-wan would've been very mad if he ever saw them,adding the fact that jedis are not suposed to have wives....imo
18.06.2006 - 01:14
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
This is so true. I bet that George Lucas writes the dialogues down and then he forgets them while there are fans that memorize every single word in the movies. I have memorized some but I have a long way to go still.

You saw it like that? I think that the reason of why he thinks that Obi-Wan Kenobi would be mad at him after what he did would be that which you said first. He is supposed to use the Force for protection of himself and other people not to be showcasing his powers for such trivial things as to serve a lady's food. If Obi-Wan would see it as flirting between them he wouldn't be just mad about it, he would kick Anakin's ass out of the Jedi Temple. lol I could be wrong though.
----
Christless
18.06.2006 - 13:33
Valentin B
Iconoclast
no,you are not wrong .I also read the "revenge of the sith" book.no words about the sequels to return of the jedi?(the books "heir of the Empire",etc.)
btw fantastic duel,the one in "the phantom menace".it's just unbelievable.the sheer speed....