Metal Storm logo
How well do you know other Metalstormers?

Original post

Posted by Dane Train, 03.09.2008 - 01:48
With over 14,000 members, Metal Storm is a popular site. A significant chunk of registered members post in the forums regularly. With almost 15 people over 5,000 posts, and many, many more in the thousands, quite a bit of digital dialog gets tossed around here. But what do we really know about each of them? Just looking at the top 20 I find myself shocked that I still don't know as much as I should (or would like to) about them. We all know Ivan created this place and does an amazing job keeping the whole site running (is that enough butt kissing to earn me some points?), Marcel has been a Metalhead since the days of Mozart and Beethoven and K7 can't spell to save a life (no seriously, 6 people died this week because of his spelling mistakes). Still, there are some members who I have gotten to know fairly well, like Kap'N Korrupt.

The question is, what do you know about other members and what would you like to know, especially the top posters here. Go down the list, and ask yourself those questions. I just feel that getting to know one another better can really improve the overall quality of this site?then again you can all just ignore me.
08.09.2009 - 13:45
Elio
Red Nightmare
Ok let's see a bit....

Marcel: He likes metal since the dawn of time, his fav genre is doom, saw Metallica hella times, works for Dutch tv and all the stuff we all know. He is a bitchy old man but most of the times he makes me laugh. Most of the times we agree on albums, yet we had a nice clash about Muse and Radiohead some days ago

Baz: Dunno a lot about him, but I like the pics he shoots and I esteem him for already having a degree at 21. He was the first person to ever PM me here: he invited me to delete my first post cause it was in Italian

BitterCOld: Same as Marcel about the bitchy part, I enjoy reading his posts when he quarrels with people. Believes that Nokturnal Mortuum has no place in MS.

Lucas: Cool guy, we used to talk via PMs sometimes before. He knows a lot about music, especially black and doom metal. He likes Sigur Ros and has seen them live. I'm still waiting for him to hate My Bloody Valentine's Loveless. Maybe he'll give it to me

Collin: Peaceful dude I guess, he knows a lot of languages and listens to hip hop too.

Dane Train: Worships DT, actually he has a couple of tattoos to witness his love for them; he and his friends like long beards, kilts and taking pics in the nature. Recently got baptised.

K7: We all know a lot (yet nothing) about him, it's useless to write the same stuff I don't like his respect for Mussolini and Berlusconi though >:[

Hamird: My Iranian bianconero bro, he believes this year we got a chance, let's hope so. Got wide musical taste, even if he likes Industrial (AAAARGH)

Hobbit VIggo: He knows a lot of stuff, including many languages. He's very interested in what's happening in Iran.

Fat and Sassy, Syk, Warman, flamey and TheBigRossowski: guys I'd like to know better, they seem totally nice dudes.

Valentin B: One of my very best "friends" here. We often talk via PM about a lot of stuff. Probably on the top of my "people I'd want to share a beer with" list. He's funny as crazy, gets depressed easily though :/

Ragana: already said something some posts ago.

LeChron James: Alex is the man. He's a crazy dude, always stoooned, he likes a lot Windir but also Lil Wayne. His profile is and indicator of his coolness.

tulkas and Jonas: The Colombian coolness team! Two very nice guys, shame Jonas is rarely online recently, I remember how in my first times here Jonas was one of the nicest ones. With tulkas I've become "friend" more recently and I feel that he may be the first person I may talk with in case I have some love problem.

Ellrohir: The "new" post-whore of the site, he likes sports a lot like most of us guys and seems a simple person.

Diabolos, Haddonfield: Recent users that I've immediately liked for their attitude. Friendly, joking, respectful guys. Diabolos has a little abandoned this place though, it seems. I hope both will stay here in the future too cause they are good people.

BloodTears: Another girl in this sausage-list xD She writes poems, I've read some of them and they are brilliant. She likes DT and Riverside a lot and manages to tolerate k7 spamming about football in the Portoguese MSers thread

Janne and csiga: Cool brothers, Janne was like my first friend here, while csiga is not that active. They both follow Italian football, shame they like wrong teams xD

Uh, some less famous/not that active members now:

IV (Brandan): Great young guy from Canada, he likes sport and all sorts of music, that's why I respect him a lot, he's an openminded guy.

Quetzalli: Girl from Venezuela, I PMed with her sometimes, but now she's disappeared

Iaberis: Funny greek dude, he "left" MS unfortunately cause it has lost its "spirit", same for Herzebeth.

Talvi (or Largos): The first dude on Internet to have ever asked my MSN. We used to talk a lot almost everyday, but not anymore. I consider him still a friend though. He got me into a lot of new great music and to RYM, where I met a bunch of other cool guys.

Petur: Likes doom, folk, goth and football (not club one though), he hates a lot of stuff including the average metalhead. His plans: Learing Icelandic and keyboard.

Spyroid: Shame this guy "left" too. He wrote good reviews and was fun in the shoutbox.

Varelse: Where's this guy gone? His posts were the funniest shit on the web.

I'm tired now, but I think I included all the people I "know" better though

EDIT: lol hugeass post.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
08.09.2009 - 13:51
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Elio on 08.09.2009 at 13:45

Ellrohir: The "new" post-whore of the site, he likes sports a lot like most of us guys and seems a simple person.

what do you mean with "simple person"?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

08.09.2009 - 13:55
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Ellrohir on 08.09.2009 at 13:51

what do you mean with "simple person"?

That you are easy to get on well, I think. I guess I should have included you with ther guys I don't know well
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
08.09.2009 - 14:10
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride

Diabolos, Haddonfield: Recent users that I've immediately liked for their attitude. Friendly, joking, respectful guys. Diabolos has a little abandoned this place though, it seems. I hope both will stay here in the future too cause they are good people.

A huge post indeed it took a while to get the quote right.

I'm glad you feel that way, I don't see myself leaving this place soon, it's a haven for discovering new music and a very friendly community. What's your RYM username?
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
08.09.2009 - 14:26
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Haddonfield on 08.09.2009 at 14:10

A huge post indeed it took a while to get the quote right.

I'm glad you feel that way, I don't see myself leaving this place soon, it's a haven for discovering new music and a very friendly community. What's your RYM username?

Elio90
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
08.09.2009 - 15:35
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Wow, cool thread, I'll also post here a little bit later
09.09.2009 - 02:12
tulkas
el parcero
Well, since several of you guys did it, I'll have a go as well:

jonas: apart from me it's the only colombian dude who still posts regularly. We chat sometimes on msn, or comment on facebook and we kinda get each other pretty well. Maybe for being from the same country. Loves his gf, sex, cameras, hates papaya and reggaeton, and can't seem to get a job.

icarus, the alchemist and helka hith: the other fellow colombian MSers who don't post much anymore. I run into icarus often because we're at the same university, I saw him today, actually. With The Alchemist we were once here at my house, and Helka Hith... he's probably high right now

valentin: romanian dude who has sex with his guitar and picks up girls with that, though he finds out too late. Posts the weirdest, but funnier links on the funny stuff thread. We PM each other, and I'm gonna make him jealous by going to the Iced Earth show here.

elio: cool italian dude, drives a Smart posh car, and is about to enter med school (hopefully). I usually chat with him on msn before I go to sleep, or when I wake up. Used to be a post whore, but I beat him, bwuahaha!

ragana: latvian cute girl who taught me how to say 'I'm drunk' in latvian Lives in a really cool place and likes to sleep and drink... she's cool, though we've never spoken much.

bad english: the werry gud english dude. Sometimes I think he's a virtual entity created by Ivan to encourage posting on MS He never leaves the site, except to watch sports. Cool guy, anyway.

diabolos: I have the image of him as a really pacific guy. I know he likes chess, and he always posts cool videos on facebook. Really cool guy too.

haddonfield: another cool guy, french who now lives in the UK. Trying to hook up with girls as well, though he is shy as myself. Someday we'll make it, dude!

dane train: hail god! hail Dream Theater! hail... the woods! haha. Dream Theater maniac who loves kilts.

baz: He knows I hate him because I'm jealous of him for interviewing musicians I love Seems like a really nice guy who revived the Pub for us.

black mass: we sometimes talk often on msn, share stuff and experiences. I like her a lot, she's a really nice girl who I also envy for doing what I want: selling everything and going to travel and start over somewhere else.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
09.09.2009 - 02:40
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by tulkas on 09.09.2009 at 02:12

haddonfield: another cool guy, french who now lives in the UK. Trying to hook up with girls as well, though he is shy as myself. Someday we'll make it, dude!

One day they will be ours, oh yes they will be ours!!!

Why, you mention Diabolos' videos but I'm the one who posts the best, you don't see Diabolos posting Skid Row or Dokken.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
09.09.2009 - 04:27
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Haddonfield on 09.09.2009 at 02:40

Why, you mention Diabolos' videos but I'm the one who posts the best, you don't see Diabolos posting Skid Row or Dokken.

Party on, Garth!! Hehe, you post cool videos too, seriously.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
09.09.2009 - 07:07
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Bad English on 08.09.2009 at 13:16

Dr. Rock: Glam n Gropies

Who doesn't like groupies?

Written by Haddonfield on 08.09.2009 at 01:09

Dr. Rock: The guy who isn't welcoming but I think it is just an act to make himself come across as trve.

First of all, go to hell.

Secondly, I'm farrrr from true. I've been known to listen to CoB from time to time for Christ sakes.

Thirdly, I can be very welcoming, when discussing the right topic.

Ok, my turn

Dr.Rock: Pretty much the most awesome guy on metalstorm. He knows more than Marcel about metal, and speaking Dutch. He has bedded more women than all the other users combined. He is also responsible for writing 95% of the Beatles catalogue, but decided not to collect the royalties because he's such a nice guy.

Haddonfield: A big jerk.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
09.09.2009 - 10:03
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
You know this isnt topic about how you imagine you, but how you imagine others?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

09.09.2009 - 10:46
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Doc G. on 09.09.2009 at 07:07

Dr.Rock: He is also responsible for writing 95% of the Beatles catalogue, but decided not to collect the royalties because he's such a nice guy.

lol man fuck you, the stuff you wrote is terrible, I hope you are done with writing material.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
09.09.2009 - 12:37
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Doc G. on 09.09.2009 at 07:07

Haddonfield: A big jerk.

Looks like I touched a nerve.
----

09.09.2009 - 12:47
Baz Anderson
Staff
Haha, thanks Elio - I just noticed what you wrote!
Yeh, I don't write a lot about myself on the forum I guess. Don't know why - I guess there just isn't the right place. It isn't like I am intentionally keeping to myself though, I'm pretty open when it comes to it.
09.09.2009 - 12:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Tulkas - Well I leave site sometimes but I hardly log out when Im in Swe hehehhehe
Dr Rock Me, because those 80's gripoes from glam days now are to old for me , maybe newver generation yes
Elio what did you sad ''milanese merde'' ( I hope janne dont read it)
Tulkas - Well I would not say SalasPils Alas Pils sounds much better is cool place for living

Ok Tulkas is nice guy from Columbbia even soemtimes he dont post much and sometimes he does
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.09.2009 - 14:15
Valentin B
Iconoclast

Valentin B: One of my very best "friends" here. We often talk via PM about a lot of stuff. Probably on the top of my "people I'd want to share a beer with" list. He's funny as crazy, gets depressed easily though :/

valentin: romanian dude who has sex with his guitar and picks up girls with that, though he finds out too late. Posts the weirdest, but funnier links on the funny stuff thread. We PM each other, and I'm gonna make him jealous by going to the Iced Earth show here.

hehehe

tulkas: nice colombian dude who kicks ass at tae-kwon-do but ironically can't talk to a girl to save his life lol

elio: great italian dude who is also pretty shy, his english is not perfect but i know he's a pretty cool dude, he hates me for brutally dismembering him every time he complains about Manowar though

**People i know from Wacken**

Promonex: he's half german, half spanish, half swiss, half belgian, half mongolian, half turkmenistani, half egyptian and half ukrainian. and loves his alcohol strong and quickly drunkening lol

GT: really cool guy who doesn't have pre-manufactured ideas about bands, also he has a varied taste in metal, i lost him while going to see Mambo Kurt, after 20 seconds though he told me he forgot where we were going hahahhaahah

GT's friend(shit i forgot his username): awesome guy great drinking partner hahah, taught me how to say "The pussy is wet!!" in Danish hahaha

Corrupt: seems a nice guy, but was a bit too serious when i met him(maybe because we were all drunk assholes and he had to drive back to Hamburg haha)

Black Mass: great party-mser lol, she spent 300 euros on booze at Wacken :O which is almost twice as much money i had to survive with lol, oh yeah and her husband's last name is Jagermeister
09.09.2009 - 14:23
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Valentin B on 09.09.2009 at 14:15

elio: great italian dude who is also pretty shy, his english is not perfect but i know he's a pretty cool dude, he hates me for brutally dismembering him every time he complains about Manowar though

Yeah I'm shy but my english isn't perfect? You're wild.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
09.09.2009 - 14:27
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Elio on 09.09.2009 at 14:23

is "graphy" a real word in your books? hhahaa
09.09.2009 - 14:31
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Valentin B on 09.09.2009 at 14:27

Written by Elio on 09.09.2009 at 14:23

is "graphy" a real word in your books? hhahaa

That's not that my English isn't perfect, it's that I am a creative person, I like to invent words
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
09.09.2009 - 14:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

Black Mass: great party-mser lol, she spent 300 euros on booze at Wacken :O which is almost twice as much money i had to survive with lol, oh yeah and her husband's last name is Jagermeister

man thets more how I can spend in month , but if I buy whysky I buy good one ,,,, well like someone sad :''whisky can safe your life''
----

apos;'
[image]
09.09.2009 - 21:23
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Haddonfield on 08.09.2009 at 01:09

Valentin B: A friendly guy who doesn't seem to get agressive with people who dom't share his opinions. I've only just started to exchange messages with him. Time will open up more knowledge I hope.

hehe thanks man

haddonfield: french/british dude who lost a lot of weight over the years and had an ultra-jealous girlfriend for 10 years who wouldn't let him even talk to other girls, loves football, guitar, and despises the movie Les Visiteurs lol
10.09.2009 - 00:15
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by Haddonfield on 09.09.2009 at 02:40

Lol, actually I posted a video of Skid Row before you
10.09.2009 - 00:24
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Bad English on 09.09.2009 at 12:54

Tulkas - Well I would not say SalasPils Alas Pils sounds much better is cool place for living

"Alus Pils" is better. alus = beer. I live in Salaspils where "sala" is island and "pils" is castle. That's pretty old place, actually.

Thanks for the kind words. :> And I have a younger sister, Elio, not older... but it would be cool if I had an older one, I guess. Anyway, I was up to write an essay about you guys but I'm too much in my school homework right now... I'll write it as soon as possible, I just couldn't let the chance slip away! *sun*
10.09.2009 - 00:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 10.09.2009 at 00:24

Written by Bad English on 09.09.2009 at 12:54

"Alus Pils" is better. alus = beer. I live in Salaspils where "sala" is island and "pils" is castle. That's pretty old place, actually.

Thanks for the kind words. :> And I have a younger sister, Elio, not older... but it would be cool if I had an older one, I guess. Anyway, I was up to write an essay about you guys but I'm too much in my school homework right now... I'll write it as soon as possible, I just couldn't let the chance slip away! *sun*

Yep how Riga , first place in Lv where was castle from stones build in 1082 as you know Riga wa sbuild in 1102
----

apos;'
[image]
10.09.2009 - 00:44
Ragana
Rawrcat
Yeah, my town is the oldest known human settlement in Latvia. Okay, that castle wasn't located in Salaspils... that was that St. Meinhard's castle in Ik?ķile, right? Or I'm missing something.
10.09.2009 - 01:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 10.09.2009 at 00:44

Yeah, my town is the oldest known human settlement in Latvia. Okay, that castle wasn't located in Salaspils... that was that St. Meinhard's castle in Ik?ķile, right? Or I'm missing something.

No you was wright I mix something, sorry being ill is not fan when you have headace to
----

apos;'
[image]
10.09.2009 - 01:37
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Valentin B on 09.09.2009 at 21:23

dude who lost a lot of weight over the years

Just over one year, amazing to think I was 5 jean sizes and 40 kg heavier just a year ago.

Written by Diabolos on 10.09.2009 at 00:15

Must have been before I added you. wasn't the same one was it?
----

10.09.2009 - 15:25
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by Haddonfield on 10.09.2009 at 01:37

Yep, it was before you added me . And no, it wasn't the same, I posted "Youth Gone Wild", simply their best song
10.09.2009 - 15:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Diabolos on 10.09.2009 at 15:25

Yep, it was before you added me . And no, it wasn't the same, I posted "Youth Gone Wild", simply their best song

Dont you lie I edd all Skid Row videos in MS Ivan accepted those year ago
----

apos;'
[image]
10.09.2009 - 16:10
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Bad English on 10.09.2009 at 15:48

Written by Diabolos on 10.09.2009 at 15:25

Dont you lie I edd all Skid Row videos in MS Ivan accepted those year ago

They are talking about posting videos on Facebook
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.