Metal Storm logo
Rhapsody Of Fire

05.07.2006 - 19:28
Aresius
Account deleted

Rhapsody...one of the cheesiest bands ever, hmm...maybe one of the best...each and every one of their albums contains epic choral arrangements, soaring vocals, mindblowing instrumentation, and of course, the quality that defines the band...the orchestra...unlike some bands, who have an orchestra just to hide the horrid quality of their music, Rhapsody uses it in a way to make you want to slay orcs and dragons, lol...yes I know...nowadays, the method of combining orchestras and choruses to power metal is almost standard...however, Rhapsody was one of the first to use it, and use it to its full potential...anyways, the orchestra rocks...makes it more epic...Rhapsody has been one of the biggest and most influential epic metal bands ever...climactic, epic songs full of adventure...and now, actor Christopher Lee (who plays Saruman in the Lord of the Rings movies) does most of the narrations for their albums...I find it really captivating, and exciting (and cheesy)...much neoclassical stylings on the guitar, and some absolutely crushing lines...of course, most of the songs go at 100 miles per hour, with doublebass and palm muted chords apounding, and the synths laying down a barrage of notes...as usual...however, they do have some great ballads...it doesnt matter...highly recommended (at least by me)...Rhapsody is one of the most unique bands of the power metal scene...so...welcome brother, to the world of power metal...a dangerous land filled with dragons, steel, magic, orcs, demons, wizards, and lots of cheese...power metal has some of the highest levels of cheese in any sort of music, but anyways...I think its great...and you should also check Luca Turilli's side project.

Fabio Lione (vocals)
Luca Turilli (guitar)
Alex Staropoli (keyboards)
Patrice Guers (bass)
Alex Holzwarth (drums)

if you dont know anything about Rhapsody, well, this video speaks for itself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEMeBTmiX4g Unholy Warcry

hail mighty Rhapsody
05.07.2006 - 21:45
Southern Wind
Account deleted
the first two albums are pretty cool, specially "Legendary Tales"... actually, Rhapsody are very enyojable until they come with those pathetic spoken parts.
05.07.2006 - 22:28
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Yeah, one of the most epic bands, the songs are really good, specially from "Legendary Tales", in this album, the music makes me imagine ancient times, warriors, castles... the music is something like 'more quiet' than in the other albums, for example in "The Power of The Dragon Flame" and "Rain of the Thousand Flames", the music is more powerful, it has more drums, and it makes me imagine fights, swords, killing dragons... and you can see it on the videos too.

That's the stuff I know from Rhapsody, and some songs for the early albums, but I haven't heard "Symphony of Enchanted Lands" How is it? Like the new or early stuff?
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
05.07.2006 - 23:11
tulkas
el parcero
I´ve heard quite few from this band, just some random songs, and I really liked it. It´s a really great band in terms of music. They have great ideas and they´re able to produce and play them in a brilliant way. Great italian power metal band
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
06.07.2006 - 00:06
Dam3k
They are one of the most catchy bands I've ever listened to!! Besides they were one of the first I listened to and helped me to get into the metal genre, more into power metal. They rules, they are truly epic and transmit that power energy it's soooo awesomeeee
----

06.07.2006 - 01:13
MetalSpider
Extremely cheesy but very good nonetheless. All of their albums are great. Power of the Dragonflame is my favourite album.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
06.07.2006 - 02:21
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Deffinitely THE epic band in power metal. The fantasy concept following a storyline during the albums kicks ass, the choirs are awesome, Fabio's voice is simply amazing, drums are powerfull and dynamic, guitars are great (spite of Turilli's addiciton for sweep picking), and their ballads are great too, just listen "Lamento Eroico".

I have all of their albums. The hole "Algalord Chronicles" concept is very original, all writen by Turilli, who is a great guitar player. The best album for me would be Dawn of Victory, and Power of teh Dragonflae in second. The live album is awesome, and for me is great that is not the typical power metal "live in Japan"album, but in Montreal, Canada. Quite orignal if you ask me, Canada, no onesaw it coming. I hope they release aliive DVD soon, I'm sure it would be great.

Of course, everything can't be good. Their videos suck. i mean it, they suck. Unholy Warcry is the most decent one, but the others well, are disgraceful. It's shame that they don'tinvest money in making good videos, since they can do great music and even literature, 'cause you can read Tha Algalord Chronicles in the album booklets. Hail Rhapsody,. mighty warroirs of metal!
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
06.07.2006 - 11:34
Baz Anderson
Staff
yeh, a very good band indeed. i have all of their albums with very nice covers and maps inside the books and all the rest of it
i havent listened to them in quite a while but i know i would still enjoy them if i did now

'Power Of The Dragonflame' is my favorite album, and 'Dawn Of Victory' before that
they are the more aggressie album and much better then their first two in my opinion
06.07.2006 - 12:52
Lupas
Maximus
Who does not know about this Band???
Rhapsody are a legend in Power Metal, they are just great.
Apart from this band there is a side project from Luca Truilli, a masterpiece in symphonic power metal.
All albums of these two are just great and it is a must to have them if you like thier music
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
07.07.2006 - 03:38
DarkMistress
i don´t "love" all the albums from luca (side project), but, by example King of the nordic twilight rocks
----
Wait in fire
07.07.2006 - 12:16
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Great band. The lyrics, the music and Lione's voice is great. Might be cheesy...I don't care
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
19.07.2006 - 22:58
vallhalen
Account deleted
well my favorite album has to be Legendary Tales or Symphony of Enchanted Lands I. i remember that when i was getting into metal, like 2 and a half years ago, i liked to sit in living room, sometimes with my little brother while we were listening to Dargor and sing "we sing to the wind, the legend of the kings...". when somebody names Rhapsody my first though is that song. now i don't use to do it because i try to have this "mature behavior", but what the fuck, when i'm alone, or at least i think i am, i do it
19.07.2006 - 23:46
Stigmatized
I've never been a big fan, though I've always tried to acknowledge that Luca is a good guitar player. They have some good songs...just not something I can listen to all the time.
20.07.2006 - 00:16
Daru Jericho
Yeah, I'm sorta with Dream Of Hate with this one. The only Rhapsody song I truly love is 'Emerald Sword' otherwise I've never been able to get so obsessed like so many power metal fans seem to.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

20.07.2006 - 02:15
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by Daru Jericho on 20.07.2006 at 00:16

Yeah, I'm sorta with Dream Of Hate with this one. The only Rhapsody song I truly love is 'Emerald Sword' otherwise I've never been able to get so obsessed like so many power metal fans seem to.

havent talked in a while..

but whatever, how many Rhapsody albums have you heard then? i mean i remember when i was getting into Rhapsody i just got their first two albums because everyone said it was their best
just i prefer their 'Dawn Of Victory' and 'Power Of The Dragonflame' albums that people didnt really say much about
maybe if you havent heard these, you dont like them nearly as much as you should
20.07.2006 - 05:38
Daru Jericho
Written by Baz Anderson on 20.07.2006 at 02:15

Written by Daru Jericho on 20.07.2006 at 00:16

havent talked in a while..

but whatever, how many Rhapsody albums have you heard then? i mean i remember when i was getting into Rhapsody i just got their first two albums because everyone said it was their best
just i prefer their 'Dawn Of Victory' and 'Power Of The Dragonflame' albums that people didnt really say much about
maybe if you havent heard these, you dont like them nearly as much as you should

I've heard SOEL 1&2, POTD and DOV. Haven't heard their first release. It's not like I don't like them, it's just that I don't love them. Personally, SOEL 1 is my favourite.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

20.07.2006 - 16:02
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Who renamed this thread?! lol

I think it sucks that they've had to change names. Rhapsody was a good name, and now 'Rhapsody Of Fire' seems too long. And all over some stupid copyright thing even though Rhapsody (the band) had the name first Very bad.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
20.07.2006 - 16:35
RavenLord
Written by Raiden on 20.07.2006 at 16:02

I think it sucks that they've had to change names. Rhapsody was a good name, and now 'Rhapsody Of Fire' seems too long. And all over some stupid copyright thing even though Rhapsody (the band) had the name first Very bad.

But duuuuude, can't you appreciate the fact that the power of the Dragonflame will burn ever brighter with their new name???

Personally, I quite like Rhapsody (Of Fire)'s music, although it is very cheesy. Still, I find it musically more appealing than bands like Dragonforce, the OTHER masters of PM cheese, as the vast orchestras and classical style appeal to me more than playing at 333bpm...I don't really have a favourite album, but every song of theirs which I've heard has been uber-cheesy, uber-melodic and quite fast...
----
20.07.2006 - 17:25
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Written by RavenLord on 20.07.2006 at 16:35

Written by Raiden on 20.07.2006 at 16:02

But duuuuude, can't you appreciate the fact that the power of the Dragonflame will burn ever brighter with their new name???

Lol, yeah, they said that didn't they.

I really like Rhapsody (Of Fire)'s stuff too. Symphony Of Enchanted Lands is my favourite album of theirs, and a pure masterpiece. It takes me away every time I listen to it. Perfect blend of Symphonies and Power Metal. Quite involved symphonic pieces, but well done. Their lyrics can be fairly cheesy sometimes, but I find them to be so enjoyable. It's like they've just thought of things like that. Great band.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
23.07.2006 - 05:06
danzig111
Account deleted
Definately one ov my top alltime favourite bands! I love Rhapsody to death! though their new band name is beyond corny.......

Luca Turilli is a God!!!

Man the atmosphere that the band creates, i have yet to hear another band create that same feeling! Honestly!

"Dawn Of Victory" is definately their best album!

Songwise, my alltime favourite is "The Mighty Ride Of The Firelord"

23.07.2006 - 08:20
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...i think they are very talented and they make good music, but it's too boring for me...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
24.07.2006 - 04:56
Deathwyrm
I love the sound of how the new album "Triumph or Agony" will be.

The album cover rocks.

http://www.rhapsodyoffire.com/pics/toa1.jpg

And the track listing sounds top notch, judging from their site.

Let's see.... dragons? Check. Spellcasting? Check. Yep, that's pretty much the standard as far as power metal can be concerned.

01. Dar-Kunor
I. Echoes From The Elvish Woods
II.Fear Of The Dungeons
02. Triumph Or Agony
03. Heart Of The Darklands
04. Old Age Of Wonders
05. The Myth Of The Holy Sword
06. Il Canto Del Vento
07. Silent Dream
08. Bloody Red Dungeons
09. Son Of Pain
10 The Mystic Prophecy Of The Demonknight
I. A New Saga Begins
II. Through The Portals Of Agony
III. The Black Order
IV. Nekron's Bloody Rhymes
V. Escape From Horror
11. Dark Reign Of Fire
I. Winter Dawn's Theme

Fantastic, fantastic band.
24.07.2006 - 13:22
Baz Anderson
Staff
ooh - i didnt know anything about a new album
i suppose it will be a while before it comes out though

anything better then their last album and i will be happy
the last one just wasnt as good as the others with its dragged out songs
24.07.2006 - 13:33
Joey Jo Jo
Piece of shit
I've heard they were trying to make a black metal style album, but their old label wouldn't let them do one.
So maybe the new one will be it. I guess they are going on a tour to make the absolute worst in bad genres. Although Dragonforce is the master of this, as they started out as a black metal band under the name Demoniac(different vocalist though), so their efforts will be futile.

I just wish they would bring back their old voice narrator from the early albums to take the music to a whole new comically bad level. Without this guy, their albums are just bad, but not "laugh out loud funny, fuck you" bad as in Symphony of Enchanted Lands and Dawn of Victory. I was truly dissapointed with the last album they put out becuase of this. Christopher Lee, although NOWHERE as good, reminded of Orson Welles' great voice, which just made me depressed.
----
"If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys."
- Orson Welles
24.07.2006 - 13:39
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by Baz Anderson on 24.07.2006 at 13:22

ooh - i didnt know anything about a new album
i suppose it will be a while before it comes out though

http://www.metalstorm.ee/events/news_comments.php?news_id=2939

RELEASE DATE EUROPE: September 25th
----
Your favorite band sucks.
24.07.2006 - 19:12
Baz Anderson
Staff
haha yes - the next time i went to the main page after writing that i saw the news.
that news wasnt on when i came on earlier and posted that
13.08.2006 - 02:23
Megadeth88
Rhapsody of Fire lol. I'll have to agree with everyone else. The name is really cheesy but that doesn't meaning anything against the muisicians. I personally like this band alot because of Luca Turilli. Hopefully they'll still be the same power metal band that I once knew.
13.08.2006 - 06:59
Metalguaska
Rhapsody... of fire, well, is in my opinion an awesome epic power metal band, and although it's cheesy as hell, it's really good and captivating, i guess that there is a cheesy part in all of us, and that what makes a lot of people(me included) to like this band... of course hail Luca Turilli, and let's hope this stupid name changing issue doesn't affect the band
----
Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea
13.08.2006 - 11:08
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
I love Rhapsody!!...errr Rhapsody of Fire!. I personally think they could of thought more on the name change but whats to expect from them. They are truly talented,Alex Starapoli and Luca Turilli are very good composers and Fabio Lione is truly a great singer! Despiter their cheesiness you can't tell me they are not clever in theire own right,for making up a complete story withint their albums.I very much enjoy these guys!
22.09.2006 - 07:07
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
They should have just changed it back to Thundercross. Anyway, I was wondering has anyone heard anything about the new album yet? For some reason I am really interested.
----
The force will be with you, always.