Metal Storm logo
Deathstars

Original post

Posted by Arwen, 07.07.2006 - 08:14
I wanted to ask people their opinion about that band, cause I was pleasantly chocked when I saw them a week afgo in Estonia when they performed in Hard Rock Laager. A band consisting of 5 young boys ( maybe not so young anymore ) Synthetic Gothic ,dark music with beautiful and deep vocals. AS much as I could tell, they're amazing and have lots of individual issues in their music, even the topics enbrace more the vival things and concern all the people. I'm just searching information about them and trying to get to know them, but I'm sure that I won't dissapoint in them.

The new generation as they say they are...Synthetic generation...

What do you think?
11.03.2007 - 13:36
mjaasa
I heard first time they couple days ago, their music like me. Blitzkrieg is best song i heard this year .
14.03.2007 - 23:24
HauntingNazareth
Account deleted
I think this band is really good. To me it sounds like they are putting like a techno trance vibe in their music too, which is cool.
21.03.2007 - 14:43
FrOsTmOuRnE 0_o
Account deleted
I like Blitzkrieg but when i heard cyanide it sounded the same so i was like meh but i still listen to Blitzkrieg
23.03.2007 - 19:24
Warman
Erotic Stains
I got my ticket to their show here in Stockholm in July! Second time I see them live and they sure are amazing live! I hope they have a setlist very much alike as the last time: 90 % Termination Bliss songs! My god what an album, it is so god damn great! I have a feeling that this summer will be awesome!
----
05.04.2007 - 09:22
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Ive seen there name everywhere, so as of about an hour ago I checked them out, and I like what I hear, Ill definitly be hunting down a CD of theres, by the looks of it the newest one.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
05.04.2007 - 15:43
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Doc G. on 05.04.2007 at 09:22

Ive seen there name everywhere, so as of about an hour ago I checked them out, and I like what I hear, Ill definitly be hunting down a CD of theres, by the looks of it the newest one.

Yes, you MUST get the newest one! It is soooooo much better than their debut album!
----
14.04.2007 - 03:23
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
I think theres also a band called Deathstar, not deathstars, because I was at the cd store and I saw a CD by Deathstar called "We are the threat" and I didnt recognise any of the tracks or even see that cd on there myspace....it confused me.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
14.04.2007 - 17:16
Illusionist
Account deleted
Deathstars are sexy, talented, and very very funny. They win at music.
27.04.2007 - 17:56
Warman
Erotic Stains
There's a lot of great live material by Deathstars on youtube now, I remember how great they were when I saw them live and thought they were some kind of gay "Marilyn-Mansonish" band... I was so wrong. I love Whiplasher's shrieks live!
----
27.04.2007 - 19:26
(s)A!N?
Account deleted
they a great band , ive liked them since their first album Synthetic generation which was pretty much raw material .. still is a great album
but their newer album termination bliss... well thats an album every one should own , some great songs on there like Play god and Blitzkrieg. i wold love to see them live for sure
i hope they keep it up with the songs and hopfully some time a new album
14.06.2007 - 19:07
Warman
Erotic Stains
Termination Bliss is just a year old, still I'm dying for a new album!

The band's won a lot of awards lately. They're already big and if it continues this way they'll soon be one of Sweden's biggest bands today.
----
15.06.2007 - 00:29
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Warman on 27.04.2007 at 17:56

There's a lot of great live material by Deathstars on youtube now, I remember how great they were when I saw them live and thought they were some kind of gay "Marilyn-Mansonish" band... I was so wrong. I love Whiplasher's shrieks live!

That was also the thing I thought a bit when I first heard about them but they're definitely crazy in live.....and the style....well...it even seems they actually make fun of this....
21.06.2007 - 16:26
Warman
Erotic Stains
I've written a review for Termination Bliss, check it out: http://www.metalstorm.ee/pub/review.php?review_id=4257
----
22.06.2007 - 14:11
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Warman on 21.06.2007 at 16:26

I've written a review for Termination Bliss, check it out: http://www.metalstorm.ee/pub/review.php?review_id=4257

Read and commented on it....you have written a very good review...I know...this band is special and hearing/seeing them live is a fine experience.....
27.06.2007 - 21:37
Unpoet
Account deleted
Right now, I'm listening to them. I like their sound, even knowning it's not that original. Maybe they need to grow up a little bit more, but I like their last release.
09.07.2007 - 00:20
Warman
Erotic Stains
I saw them live for the second time a couple of days ago and there was a guy running around with a modern camera, he even filmed the fans outside the venue before it started. I hope they'll release the stuff he filmed along with something!
----
09.07.2007 - 00:27
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Warman on 09.07.2007 at 00:20

I saw them live for the second time a couple of days ago and there was a guy running around with a modern camera, he even filmed the fans outside the venue before it started. I hope they'll release the stuff he filmed along with something!

Hoping to make an appearance on screen too? lol
09.07.2007 - 00:32
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Ernis on 09.07.2007 at 00:27

Written by Warman on 09.07.2007 at 00:20

Hoping to make an appearance on screen too? lol

Haha, the crowd was so small and I stood close to him so I could be seen... but I'm used to it One can see me several times at the Children of Bodom DVD: "Stockholm Knockout Live".
----
28.09.2007 - 16:00
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Just listening to this band...and damn how could I not have heard about these guys before...this shit is really really great! These guys could become the new Rammstein in my world
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
29.09.2007 - 04:59
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by GT on 28.09.2007 at 16:00

These guys could become the new Rammstein in my world

The are teh new Rammstein in my world. Rammstein has lowered their level a lot, IMO, while Deathstars is getting better.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
30.09.2007 - 21:28
Olli
Termination Bliss is a masterpiece in my opinion, loved every single song off that album! I can say that about very very few albums. Whiplasher has an amazing sound. + Skinnys dreadlocks look pretty damn cool lol
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
19.10.2007 - 04:52
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I just got their videos for "Blitzkireg" and "Virtue for Vice". You can actually download them from their website. The y kick ass. They're incredibly made, and have some nice concepts. Blitzkrieg is like a chess match between Whiplasher and some hot woman, but taken to teh extreme. And VFV has like some sort of mafia story that's really nice.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

22.10.2007 - 22:01
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Jonas: thanks for that info...didn't know about any videos and have been to lazy to search for any Will check them out asap
----

10.11.2007 - 14:32
Warman
Erotic Stains
Damn, I have no patience when it comes to this band! Why can't they release a new album soon!!!???

Hehe, I almost bought a ticket to the fucking Korn concert here soon, just because Deathstars will open up. But I seriously can't support stuff which has to do with Korn!
Nono, I'll just wait here for a new album (has anyone heard anything BTW?) and a third concert, they're so amazing live! Nödtveidt and Whiplasher are gods!
----
13.11.2007 - 03:31
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
@Warman: Amen to that, when will they release something new? There are nbo news on their website...
----

14.11.2007 - 17:01
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 13.11.2007 at 03:31

@Warman: Amen to that, when will they release something new? There are nbo news on their website...

No, I've heard absolutely nothing!
----
26.11.2007 - 00:35
Warman
Erotic Stains
ALL THE FANS!!! READ THIS!!! I FUCKING DIE!!!

Deathstars in the Studio - 19 November 2007

On Monday 29th of October Deathstars entered Metrosonic Recording Studios in NYC to begin the recording of their new album to be released in spring 2008. This album will start another chapter in their history of vanity, darkness, blood and sleaze. The recording sessions will continue throughout November and December and the mix is set for January so get prepared for a 2008 filled with exploding Deathglam!

Damn... I just read that Celtic Frost will re-release the Hellhammer demos and thought it would be the best news in a long time. Then a couple of minutes later I read this... I can't barely breath at all, the expectations are so high!
----
26.11.2007 - 21:26
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Warman on 26.11.2007 at 00:35

On Monday 29th of October Deathstars entered Metrosonic Recording Studios in NYC to begin the recording of their new album to be released in spring 2008. This album will start another chapter in their history of vanity, darkness, blood and sleaze. The recording sessions will continue throughout November and December and the mix is set for January so get prepared for a 2008 filled with exploding Deathglam!

Damn... I just read that Celtic Frost will re-release the Hellhammer demos and thought it would be the best news in a long time. Then a couple of minutes later I read this... I can't barely breath at all, the expectations are so high!

Damn...a new album this is good news...entered the thread to say that this band just gets better and better with every listen and then I read this! Wuhu
----

27.11.2007 - 01:12
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Warman on 26.11.2007 at 00:35

Wooooo-hooooooo!!!! damn dude, and it was what? Like a week we were talking about when would we have another album? This is friggin' amazing.
----

27.11.2007 - 15:55
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by GT on 26.11.2007 at 21:26

Damn...a new album this is good news...entered the thread to say that this band just gets better and better with every listen

Same here. I believe Termination Bliss is the album that I have listened from 1st song to last the most this year. And can't help to notice, I like it more and more with each listening. And I always play it when I'm driving Everytime I get sick of music I'm currently into, I put on TB and my world starts to spin in the right direction again
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.