Metal Storm logo
Who Will Rule in 2009?

Original post

Posted by Herzebeth, 03.02.2009 - 20:11
So, I'm already waiting for the new Cattle Decapitation and The New Cannibal Corpse to come in my mail... I also pre-ordere the new Napalm Death...

Surely those albums will kick ass...uhm...I hope...

And I'll be eagerly waiting for the new Agoraphobic Nosebleed and Suffocation albums...

It seems 2009 will fuck our asses constantly with brutal assaults and dildos... Which albums do you think will be worth trying this year?

don't you fucking hide the cult underground shit for yourselves bitches, let's see everything you've got.

My bet for 2009, is the following:

-Cannibal Corpse
-Torsofuck
-Agoraphobic Nosebleed..

for now...
04.02.2009 - 12:53
TheBigRossowski
Secrets of the Moon probably has something very special on it's way, but we'll all have to wait and see.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
04.02.2009 - 14:48
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Dane Train on 03.02.2009 at 21:25

From what I am hearing the new Dream Theater album is supposed to be up to the quality of I&W and SFAM. Let us hope so.

This kind of reminds me of Metallica's promises...
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
04.02.2009 - 16:46
Damnated
Churchburner
2009 has black metal written all over it. and not just because the sum of the digits xD

Ondskapt, Funeral Mist, Glorior Belli are preparing new albums, there will be the split of Antaeus and Katharsis. these 4 releases alone makes this year great, but i bet there will be more.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
04.02.2009 - 17:00
annodomini
After first month my favorites are:

Records that blowed me away:

HDK - System Overload

I enjoyed:

Ephel Duath - Through my dogs eyes
Dark Moor - Autumnal

Descent, but not so special:

Sirenia, Ensoph, Mournful Congergation, Coloseum,Ablaze in Hatred.
----
the riddle wants to be...
04.02.2009 - 17:31
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Doc G. on 04.02.2009 at 03:39

High on Fire for me. I can't exactly explain why but I have a feeling their upcoming will be the best out of all the 2009 albums on my wishlist...

I agree that HoFs release will probably be their best. They have done nothing but improve and progress their sound with every album.
----
Coldgrits
04.02.2009 - 17:51
Hamird
Lieutenant
Well, two of my all time favorite bands, Orphaned Land and Pain of Salvation are going to release albums this year.. I can't guess about Pain of Salvation but I'm sure that Orphaned Land won't let me down.. So.
05.02.2009 - 01:41
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Herzebeth on 04.02.2009 at 00:38

Written by Deadsoulman on 03.02.2009 at 23:39

Written by Herzebeth on 03.02.2009 at 20:11

I also pre-ordere the new Napalm Death...

The return of the high-pitched grindcore screams, yay This album is fun, some parts sound a little more like oldschool grindcore than Smear Campaign. A real riff fest IMO. I like it a lot. That probably means you'll hate it with all your heart lol.

I've heard a lot of dudes saying Carcass will also release a new CD on July or something...anybody knows something about this...like...not rumors and shit?

eh if they do release a new album I bet it'll sound like a half-assed Heartwork, which won't be nearly as brutal as the 3D midget I saw last night on My Bloody Valentine.
05.02.2009 - 06:00
Herzebeth
There's a 3d midget on my bloody Valentine?....And I didn't want to get near that movie...oh yeah, bloody midgets are fun.
----
05.02.2009 - 08:39
Eeric
Account deleted
MEGADETH
05.02.2009 - 17:43
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Guest on 05.02.2009 at 08:39

MEGADETH

if they do, they are gonna the surprise of the year.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
06.02.2009 - 03:19
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by K✞ulu on 05.02.2009 at 17:43

Written by Guest on 05.02.2009 at 08:39

MEGADETH

if they do, they are gonna the surprise of the year.

Agreed. While I did enjoy United Abominations, it was nowhere near album of the year for me, and I would be surprised if they did release something earth-shattering. Though having Chris Broderick in the band might give it a chance...
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
09.02.2009 - 21:25
Fitness2k
I think Immortal will rule 2009 after their upcoming album xD
----
Whiskey woman don't you know that you are drivin' me insane!
10.02.2009 - 01:54
Warman
Erotic Stains
For me, Dream Theater no doubt. The expectations are high, from what the band has said it's like Iron Maiden saying "imagine a mix of 'The Number of the Beast', 'Piece of Mind' and 'Powerslave'", Metallica saying "a mix of our three first albums", Megadeth saying "a mix of 'Peace Sells' and 'Rust in Peace'", CoB saying "a mix of 'Hatebreeder' and 'Follow the Reaper'", Rush saying "a mix of '2112' and 'Moving Pictures'"... you know what I mean. If it's true, the new Dream Theater could be one of the best album of all time!

Although Deathstars already did 2009 for me...
----
10.02.2009 - 02:01
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Warman on 10.02.2009 at 01:54

For me, Dream Theater no doubt. The expectations are high, from what the band has said it's like Iron Maiden saying "imagine a mix of 'The Number of the Beast', 'Piece of Mind' and 'Powerslave'", Metallica saying "a mix of our three first albums", Megadeth saying "a mix of 'Peace Sells' and 'Rust in Peace'", CoB saying "a mix of 'Hatebreeder' and 'Follow the Reaper'", Rush saying "a mix of '2112' and 'Moving Pictures'"... you know what I mean. If it's true, the new Dream Theater could be one of the best album of all time!

Although Deathstars already did 2009 for me...

But the last time Dream Theater released anything approaching something good was in 2003. And Deathstars, please don't get me started on this but you did so sit back and weep, the last time they released anything good was.... ... ... ... NEVER
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.02.2009 - 02:02
ASiema113
Think 1349 will be a good bet, but also looking forward to Dawn's latest release(highly underrated band). Not to mention it's been a couple year's since either band made a release.
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
10.02.2009 - 10:04
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Summoning will definitely rule, if the rumors are true and the album will be really out
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

10.02.2009 - 15:14
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.02.2009 at 02:01

And Deathstars, please don't get me started on this but you did so sit back and weep, the last time they released anything good was.... ... ... ... NEVER

Ahah true, and surely their new album is terrible!
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
10.02.2009 - 15:41
Abattoir
Staff
I have the feeling that Kreator could rule this year with their another great release. And this one will definitely full all the expectations of the fans and other metalheads. Yeap, preety damn good staff.
10.02.2009 - 16:24
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
I have my hopes set on Subway To Sally (took me a while to get into their latest but I'm really enjoying it since I managed it ), Orphaned Land, DEFINITELY the new Trans-Siberian Orchestra, really looking forwards to that one!
Further also Forgotten Tales(finally!!), Wizard, Deeptrip, Whyzdom and perhaps also Within Temptation

Probably I'll check out the new Stratovarius too, yet only out of curiosity
Lunatica will be releasing a new on too, but my hopes aren't very high, even though their 2006 release was awesome

In any case it's looking like 2009 will be a great year
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
17.02.2009 - 17:42
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
My hopes for 2009 are set on Wuthering Heights new album Salt. They've never disappointed me before, so I can't see why they should this time and according to Erik Ravn it should be something along the line of Far From The Madding Crowd. The new Subway To Sally, Lunatica and maybe Stratovarius will definately be checked as well
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
18.02.2009 - 06:48
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
My expectations are big for many bands but in this moment I can think of this ones:
-Diablo Swing Orchestra (A well done debut needs a well done sequel)
-Eternal Tears Of Sorrow (The new song on their Myspace sounds great)
-Orphaned Land (No explanations needed)
-Demonoid (Let's see what this guys can give us now that they are no more with Therion)
-Iron Maiden
-Halford (I hope he can make another album as entertaining as the debut)
-Vader!!!
-Lacrimosa (I need something new please!!!)
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
18.02.2009 - 07:19
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
Written by Guest on 10.02.2009 at 01:20

Dare I say it? ... Wintersun!

don't jynx them!! it could result in a couple more years...

what about Suffocation with Blood Oath should be awesome!
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
18.02.2009 - 11:44
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
I wait for the new Summoning album and the new Subway To Sally album. I love both bands and it's good to get new stuff of them
18.02.2009 - 17:03
annodomini
Written by GT on 17.02.2009 at 17:42

My hopes for 2009 are set on Wuthering Heights new album Salt. They've never disappointed me before, so I can't see why they should this time and according to Erik Ravn it should be something along the line of Far From The Madding Crowd. The new Subway To Sally, Lunatica and maybe Stratovarius will definately be checked as well

Have you already heared Lunatica. If I see another great review in Metalstorm of them, then i will not understand this site METALstorm. The new album is in some kind Progressive pop rock. You just can't imaggine how bad lyrics are. For example , the song "In to the dissonance" would be great but such lines as "My hand on to my hips, and do the dance" just drives me mad. Andreas vocals are somehow weeker, and accent is relly awfull sometimes. Its far better than "The edge of infinity" but its nothing metal with. As pop rock i will give it 8, but as metal 6, or maybe 5. "Farewell my love" is like "Power of love" whenLunatica is trying to vreate something as "Fables of dreams" but they not succeeded. I understand that this music can be good, but god no, not in Metal world. Its pop , and good pop.

Thats my messy oppinion.
----
18.02.2009 - 17:21
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by annodomini on 18.02.2009 at 17:03

Written by GT on 17.02.2009 at 17:42

Have you already heared Lunatica. If I see another great review in Metalstorm of them, then i will not understand this site METALstorm. The new album is in some kind Progressive pop rock. You just can't imaggine how bad lyrics are. For example , the song "In to the dissonance" would be great but such lines as "My hand on to my hips, and do the dance" just drives me mad. Andreas vocals are somehow weeker, and accent is relly awfull sometimes. Its far better than "The edge of infinity" but its nothing metal with. As pop rock i will give it 8, but as metal 6, or maybe 5. "Farewell my love" is like "Power of love" whenLunatica is trying to vreate something as "Fables of dreams" but they not succeeded. I understand that this music can be good, but god no, not in Metal world. Its pop , and good pop.

Thats my messy oppinion.

Oh no I haven't heard it. I don't think it's out yet. I just said that I would check it out when it's released since I liked their last effort
----

18.02.2009 - 17:23
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by GT on 18.02.2009 at 17:21

Oh no I haven't heard it. I don't think it's out yet. I just said that I would check it out when it's released since I liked their last effort

I have read loads of reviews on it (so it will most be out soon then) with the highest score being 7/10
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.02.2009 - 17:25
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Marcel: Nice. Well I'll probably stumble upon it some day
----

18.02.2009 - 17:39
annodomini
I didnt said that i bought it There's no need irony from you Yes i read revews too. I saw few 9/10, but from simple magazines, not hard music orriented.
----
18.02.2009 - 23:08
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Pretty amped about new Hypocrisy and Amorphis...I think those 2 are gonna do big things this year!! Was hopeful about Old Man's Child as well but the new song on myspace is seriously disappointing. I have feeling its gonna be the "Keep of Kalessin - Kolossus" of 2009, which was the biggest let down last year and one of the biggest suckers in years.
18.02.2009 - 23:20
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 18.02.2009 at 23:08

... "Keep of Kalessin - Kolossus" of 2009, which was the biggest let down last year and one of the biggest suckers in years.

I know we don't agree on much, but I totally agree with you on Kolossus. Even though I already thought Armada was a letdown at the time even though the songs did work well live I found Kolossus to be an even bigger letdown.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996