Metal Storm logo
Dutch And Belgian Metalstormers

Original post

Posted by Marcel Hubregtse, 17.05.2006 - 11:44
This thread is to discuss life in the Lowlands (both for the Cheeseheads and the Masters Of Beer) and anything else on the midns of you Lowlanders and people interested in the Lowlands.
11.01.2007 - 20:03
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
I got one more exam done now today, next week two more, and I'm done for a while, pff, I will be glad when that moment comes Good luck Nervel! You always have something to look forward, the end of it

Therion, nice, I believe they are coming to Graspop too, anyone going there next year?
11.01.2007 - 20:23
Etaín
Hehe, good luck guys

I really wanna go this year, but not sure yet. My boyfriend has exams then. Me too, but if im lucky im done few days before Graspop. We'll have to see in a few months i guess. But if we go its probably just for one day, thats better than nothing.
11.01.2007 - 20:34
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Thanks Eddie! I'll need it. No, I'll be alright if I keep up with my homework and study a bit.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
12.01.2007 - 12:26
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
@Etain, damn id be glad with waking up at 7 each morning :p
but no instead i have to get up earlier and listen to your whining about it too :p

@Nervel, well go study then, get your ass off metalstorm ;p
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
12.01.2007 - 19:04
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Yeah, I study a lot. Besides that, I am just plain addicted to MS, I can't quite.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
12.01.2007 - 19:34
Etaín
@Bas: Well, during vacation my average waking up hour was somewhere between 11 and 12am
12.01.2007 - 20:13
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Haha, mine was between 12 and 13. Owned you!

But this was highly unlikely for me. Usually I tend to get up at 6:30, eat, drink, brush teeth etc. and be on my bicycle at 7 'o clock. I have to ride for about an hour, so I need to get up early. Then my school starts at 8:30, so I have 30 minutes left for relaxing. That's usually filled with copying homework from someone.
----

12.01.2007 - 20:31
Etaín
Heh, bit different for me Mom wakes me up around 7am, but when i actually get out its usually 7:30 (i suck at getting out of bed). So i get ready and all that in a hurry, we leave around 8am, school starts at 8:15. Mom drives me, im lucky its on the way to her work. Usually im always just in time lol.
12.01.2007 - 20:37
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
You are such a lucky girl. I usually put my alarm-music player very early, around 6 'o clock or even earlier, so I can listen to some music in bed. (my alarm clock is playing the CD that's in it.)

How die-hard metalfan is that?!
----

13.01.2007 - 00:27
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
you're both lucky
my school starts at 7:30 and i need about an hour to get there too...
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
30.01.2007 - 15:42
Little Death
Cookie Monster
Hi there all the Dutch metalstormers! I have to do a 5-7-page presentation about the Netherlands to my geography class. So, it would be nice if you could somehow help. For example giving some links about the history, culture etc. In English of course, as I don't understand a single word of your precious language... Naturally if someone wants to tell me everything you know about the Netherlands and think it would be somehow suitable for my school work, feel free. Oh, and I'd appreciate pics a lot.
----
Come to the dark side, we have cookies.
30.01.2007 - 16:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Little Death on 30.01.2007 at 15:42

Hi there all the Dutch metalstormers! I have to do a 5-7-page presentation about the Netherlands to my geography class. So, it would be nice if you could somehow help. For example giving some links about the history, culture etc. In English of course, as I don't understand a single word of your precious language... Naturally if someone wants to tell me everything you know about the Netherlands and think it would be somehow suitable for my school work, feel free. Oh, and I'd appreciate pics a lot.

I done same think in my geo class in your age and get best mark so 20 bottles of wine and I do it for you
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.03.2007 - 13:57
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Couple of good concerts in the Netherlands the coming weeks.

Rotting Christ --- 17 maart (In Nijmegen, I want to go there. Anyone else wants to join me there?)
Negura Bunget --- 3 mei (Also Nijmegen. Thinking of going, if anyone else is interested?)
And is anyone going to the NO MERCY festival this year? (9 April). I would really love to go there.

Hope to hear anything from anyone.

Cheers.
----

10.03.2007 - 23:57
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Anyone else going to the Rusty Cage Records Anniversary Fest featuring new bands Cypher, Non-Divine, Paul Clark,

and reunion concerts of old great Dutch bands such as Defender, Jewel, and LWS Inc.? It is in the Dynamo Club in Eindhoven on March 17 doors opening at 16.00hours and finishing at around midnight.

And April 15 almost certainly goign to see Laaz Rockit with Destructor in Eeklo Belgium, so who willl joing Hellish Star, Thryce and Me there?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.03.2007 - 23:58
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I will. Still have to ask my parents permission though. But I definatly want to go there and see you guys.
----

11.03.2007 - 16:53
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Great! This means we'll be having a small "Low Lands" MS Meeting on April 15
Btw, we're already with 5 then, since also Thorein will almost certainly be there.

So, anyone else going to see Ensiferum at Charleroi on April 10 ?? (topic)
----
Your favorite band sucks.
12.03.2007 - 08:55
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Thryce on 11.03.2007 at 16:53

Great! This means we'll be having a small "Low Lands" MS Meeting on April 15
Btw, we're already with 5 then, since also Thorein will almost certainly be there.

So, anyone else going to see Ensiferum at Charleroi on April 10 ?? (topic)

So, Hellish Star and me will be the old responsible parents? Like fathers to you guys?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.03.2007 - 15:55
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Your with four now, since I can't go.
I really think it's a shame.

But now I need your help. I am going to No Mercy Fest 2007, and I need some place to stay in Antwerpen. I am looking for some cheap hotel, preferably with a room for 2. Anyone know any adresses? Thankies.
----

21.03.2007 - 16:54
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by Lucas on 21.03.2007 at 15:55

But now I need your help. I am going to No Mercy Fest 2007, and I need some place to stay in Antwerpen. I am looking for some cheap hotel, preferably with a room for 2. Anyone know any adresses? Thankies.

I'll try to help you with that.
I'll get back on that later. But I won't promise anything, I'll just see what I can do, m'kay.

@ all: READ MY SIG. Join us!
----
21.03.2007 - 16:57
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Thryce on 21.03.2007 at 16:54

Written by Lucas on 21.03.2007 at 15:55

I'll try to help you with that.
I'll get back on that later. But I won't promise anything, I'll just see what I can do, m'kay.

Ok, thanks very much. I'll talk to you.
----

09.04.2007 - 19:27
darkwithin
Next weekend (14/04) there's a metalfest in JH Zenith the Dendermonde, the headliner is Ancient Rites!

Who will be there also?

More info on: http://www.jhzenith.be/index.aspx?id=agenda&event=712
----
The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.
10.04.2007 - 12:37
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by darkwithin on 09.04.2007 at 19:27

Next weekend (14/04) there's a metalfest in JH Zenith the Dendermonde, the headliner is Ancient Rites!

Who will be there also?

More info on: http://www.jhzenith.be/index.aspx?id=agenda&event=712

No can do. Have already a insanely busy week, plus I need to work that night.

But, this night, Ensiferum at Charleroi.
And Sunday 15/04, Eeklo, A Night Of Pure Fucking Thrash, with Laaz Rockit, Destructor, After All, Sanity's Rage and The Difference.

Meet you there!
----
21.04.2007 - 00:01
Eight
Shapeshifter
Hello there, im going to Brussel on Tuesday from my work, on one exhibition to Heysel from Luchthaven airport, it's my first time being outside from Estonia, if anyone could help me get to that exhibition i would be really glad. Thanks
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
22.04.2007 - 21:27
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by Eight on 21.04.2007 at 00:01

Hello there, im going to Brussel on Tuesday from my work, on one exhibition to Heysel from Luchthaven airport, it's my first time being outside from Estonia, if anyone could help me get to that exhibition i would be really glad. Thanks

You're apparently going to the "EUROPEAN SEAFOOD EXPOSITION", running from Tuesday 24 till Thursday 26.
A link (in English) to the Heizel - aka Brussels Expo - website, http://www.brusselsexpo.be/site/index.asp?l=11.
A direct link is http://www.euroseafood.com.

If I can help you further with something, let me know. I don't really know how to get there, but I assume there will be some public transport (subway and/or busses).
BTW I won't be able to make it to Brussels on Tuesday, so we cannot organize a meeting... :\
----
23.04.2007 - 09:07
Eight
Shapeshifter
Thanks Thryce, well the date moved to Wednesday
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
16.06.2007 - 10:46
MissRagnarok
Hi all! =D
I'm new and I'm from Belgium =)

I'd like to invite you all to Nevelfest, a "small" metalfest near Antwerp on the 28th of July.. Headliner will be Ancient Rites, and there will be a double Skyforger show (one aucoustic!).
More information/bands can be found at http://www.nevelfest.be

We might see some of you there, let me know =)
----
For I am so omniscient that if there were to be two omnisciences's; I would be both!
- Ziltoid
16.06.2007 - 14:27
Etaín
Hey welcome Where exactly are you from?

Ive heard about Nevelfest, and Merksem is soo close But im not sure if i can go, we'll see
22.06.2007 - 14:17
Infurnace
Anyone of the Dutch (or perhaps Belgian) Metalstormers going to the Belphegor gig, 30th of June? It will be in Atak, Enschede, and it's only 9 euro's. The support bands are Detonation (Melodic Death Metal) and The Monolith Deathcult (Brutal Death Metal).

I hope to meet some of you there.
22.06.2007 - 14:21
Infurnace
Oh, and aren't any of you guys going to Wacken or what? I'll be there, so it would be fun to meet some of you other Metalstormers there, and booze around or something
10.09.2007 - 15:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Marcel you know dutch band Awakening who play death/doom metal thay had only 4 tapes, maybe you had something of them?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing