Metal Storm logo
Sonata Arctica - Reveal New Album Info

Sonata Arctica have unveiled the new artwork, tracklisting as well as the album title of their forthcoming album. "The Days Of Grays" will see a worldwide release (excluding Asia) through Nuclear Blast Records on September 18th, 2009 (September 22nd in the US of America).

"The Days Of Grays" [cover art] tracklist:

Limited 2CD-Digipak:

01. Everything Fades To Gray (Instrumental)
02. Deathaura
03. The Last Amazing Grays
04. Flag In The Ground
05. Breathing
06. Zeroes
07. The Dead Skin
08. Juliet
09. No Dream Can Heal A Broken Heart
10. As If The World Wasn't Ending
11. The Truth Is Out There
12. Everything Fades To Gray (full version)
13. In The Dark [bonus track]

Bonus CD: track listing TBA

CD Jewelcase:

01. Everything Fades To Gray (Instrumental)
02. Deathaura
03. The Last Amazing Grays
04. Flag In The Ground
05. Breathing
06. Zeroes
07. The Dead Skin
08. Juliet
09. No Dream Can Heal A Broken Heart
10. As If The World Wasn't Ending
11. The Truth Is Out There
12. Everything Fades To Gray (full version)

(also thanks to [user_id]28097[/user_id] and [user_id]26736[/user_id] for posting this news)

Source: sonataarctica.info
Band profile: Sonata Arctica
Posted: 10.07.2009 by FeskarN

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 49   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 256 users
10.07.2009 - 14:50
matthioso
Cover looks awesome!
hope the music will be too
----
www.seedofrock.be
10.07.2009 - 14:57
Is it just me or this album has a "darker" feeling just by looking at some song names and the cover? (Which rules, btw ). I really hope the experiments are over after Unia and this will be a more "serious" album. And also hope not to hear three-thousand layers of Tony's vocals on every melody, which really annoys me .
Looking forward to listen to this
10.07.2009 - 15:28
MeloDeathViking
The album cover kind of reminds me of Silence! I wonder if the music will too, hmmm.....
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
10.07.2009 - 16:09
Janne
Hugin
Written by MeloDeathViking on 10.07.2009 at 15:28

The album cover kind of reminds me of Silence! I wonder if the music will too, hmmm.....

that would be awesome but very unlikely to happen..
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
10.07.2009 - 16:12
Janne
Hugin
The artwork is great but I hope the album won't be so dark. I want to hear high pitched vocals again with speedy melodies. the only bad thing is that 18 of sept is so far...
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
10.07.2009 - 17:13
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Seems nice, but this time I'm asking for some Power Metal, not the boring crap they made before.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
10.07.2009 - 18:07
Elio
Red Nightmare
Seems nice, but this time I'm asking for some good stuff, not the boring crap power metal many bands do.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
10.07.2009 - 18:39
Janne
Hugin
Written by Elio on 10.07.2009 at 18:07

Seems nice, but this time I'm asking for some good stuff, not the boring crap power metal many bands do.

The power metal that Sonata used to do was neither boring nor crap!
btw your sarcasm is wonderful
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
10.07.2009 - 18:49
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Janne on 10.07.2009 at 18:39

You got a point saying that Sonata's power is a bit more original and better than the usual. But it would be nice if they did something new and good at the same time.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
10.07.2009 - 18:50
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Good cover.. hope its better than the last album..
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
10.07.2009 - 18:53
Janne
Hugin
Written by Elio on 10.07.2009 at 18:49

Written by Janne on 10.07.2009 at 18:39

You got a point saying that Sonata's power is a bit more original and better than the usual. But it would be nice if they did something new and good at the same time.

Yeah, new and good is a perfect match in music but it's hard to creat such stuff. So if I must choose between 'good old' and 'new crap' I rather choose the first!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
10.07.2009 - 18:59
Shadowcross
The Summoner
Hopefully there is a breath of fresh air in this album ... even if it is dark!
10.07.2009 - 19:53
Dargor
Unlike most people, I really hope this one will follow the path they took for Unia. I really enjoyed the album and think it's their best so far. But don't get me wrong, I love the other albums, I just prefer Unia. It trully sounds unique compared to the rest and it's easy to tell it is Sonata just by the sound and feeling.
10.07.2009 - 20:13
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
I was listening to some early Sonata this morning while taking a shower. Got me in the mood for this new album.
----
(space for rent)
10.07.2009 - 20:19
Italics
Written by Dargor on 10.07.2009 at 19:53

Unlike most people, I really hope this one will follow the path they took for Unia. I really enjoyed the album and think it's their best so far. But don't get me wrong, I love the other albums, I just prefer Unia. It trully sounds unique compared to the rest and it's easy to tell it is Sonata just by the sound and feeling.

Unia was great! Most fans here disagree, but most fans in general i believe really enjoyed Unia. You have to give it a chance... if you have no patience or desire to give an album more than two listens, you will not like Unia. If you give it a chance, odds are good you'll like it.

I'll be happy if Days of Grays is a mix between Unia style SA and older, more catchy SA. It'll be great either way, c'mon, it's Sonata Arctica!
----
But I Justify My Desire to No One
10.07.2009 - 20:50
Janne
Hugin
Written by Italics on 10.07.2009 at 20:19

It'll be great either way, c'mon, it's Sonata Arctica!

haha it's true!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
10.07.2009 - 20:52
Trojanman190
Unia was weak for an SA album, but was still a fantastic album... this is Sonata Arctica after all. Their weakest trash is still pretty damn good compared to many other bands out there.
10.07.2009 - 21:06
csiga
Munin
I think it's a quite good, but not so typical SA cover.
----

i survived the lake bodom!
10.07.2009 - 21:07
tulkas
el parcero
Ah, yes. Saw this yesterday on their myspace. Cover art looks good, and I just hope this album is better than Unia.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
10.07.2009 - 21:19
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
...... The new album title is dangerously close to the name of shit-band Three Days Grace.
10.07.2009 - 22:02
BlankFile
Im waiting with some anxiety for this one. Hope it could be a grandious realease!
10.07.2009 - 22:03
BlankFile
The Artwork of the album is amazing. Sonata Style!
10.07.2009 - 22:20
Italics
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 10.07.2009 at 21:19

...... The new album title is dangerously close to the name of shit-band Three Days Grace.

What on earth does that matter? Is that supposed to mean the music will be bad or something?
----
But I Justify My Desire to No One
10.07.2009 - 22:32
Eddie Misery
If it's anything like Unia, I'll pass.

Still wishing they had Jani.
10.07.2009 - 22:34
juanopereira
Looks promising. I hope it will be better than Unia.
10.07.2009 - 22:48
Janne
Hugin
As reading the song titles it looks like some doom metal release let's hope it won't be that (sorry Marcel xD)
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
10.07.2009 - 22:58
Angelique
Bitchy Moderator
Elite
Tony actually mentioned in an interview of Finnish music website that this upcoming album is a lot darker and reminds them of Silence..

Well that's what they always say but he did go on quite detailed about the two different style of SA, and said this album is back to roots.. he doesn't regret of doing something like Unia and believes that they reached a lot of new fans with it as at the same time maybe lost too but this album would be going back to original.

So I'm awaiting all excited!!
----
I have more faith in my plumber than I do the eternal being. Plumbers do a good job. They keep the shit flowing.
-C.Bukowski
10.07.2009 - 23:06
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Am I really the only one who believes this album cover is crap?
It looks like some card from Magic or Catan with an additional skull in the clouds and the band logo superimposed. Lame. Even more so as that dark background makes me really miss the edgier old band logo.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
10.07.2009 - 23:18
Asmara
What a great birthday present XD the cover is the best ever! i am very excited about this album... i expect a lot after unia was quite... erm... let's say confusing
10.07.2009 - 23:43
Janne
Hugin
Written by Angelique on 10.07.2009 at 22:58

Tony actually mentioned in an interview of Finnish music website that this upcoming album is a lot darker and reminds them of Silence..

Well that's what they always say but he did go on quite detailed about the two different style of SA, and said this album is back to roots.. he doesn't regret of doing something like Unia and believes that they reached a lot of new fans with it as at the same time maybe lost too but this album would be going back to original.

So I'm awaiting all excited!!

Are you sure?? Two months ago someone said completely the opposite of this. that they will never return old style. and that was in an interview as well. So can you tell me where could I find the interview you are talking about? :)
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-

Hits total: 5836 | This month: 2