Metal Storm logo
The Final Fantasy Thread

Original post

Posted by Elijah, 17.05.2006 - 12:34
As I said, this topic gives me peace of mind, regardless of how often I post in it.

On with the festivities.

Looking forward to getting Advent Children. I'm getting the special edition with the collectors tin. omg squee fanboy.
25.11.2006 - 17:24
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Elijah on 21.11.2006 at 13:03

You did rather well with the timing, duder.

Thanks! I liked that part when Sephiroth hits Tifa and she falls down the stairway, like it was timed correctly.

Written by [user id=5394] on 22.11.2006 at 18:58

Written by Darth Satanious on 21.11.2006 at 05:03

I was kind of undecided between two songs regarding the making of my next AMV about Final Fantasy Advent Children. Since I really had ideas with both of these songs, I decided to make another video using the song that was less likely to fit what I wanted to make with Advent Children. Thus, I had the great idea of making an AMV using the "Last Order" episode along with Dimmu Borgir's Progenies of the Great Apocalypse.

Here is the link at YouTube if you are interested in watching it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7ISSNdw04U

Comments are welcomed.

Ironically, I am again in a predicament of choosing the song for the Advent Children AMV. lol

"The song "Progenies Of The Great Apocalypse" comes from the Norwegian Symphonic Black Metal (sell-out) band Dimmu Borgir from their Deathcult Armageddon album. Enjoy!"

I loled, nice work.

Yeah, that is my way from preventing possible none-Black Metal listeners from having a wrong idea Black Metal. Thanks.
----
Christless
27.11.2006 - 16:40
Graveshift
Recently Final Fantasy III (or 3) has been released for the DS in America .. it will be some time before it comes to European shores though.
So Finally!! we non Japanese Final Fantasy fans can get to play the game .. obviously it is not the original it has been remastered and such and has been adapted to use the new features of the DS (touchscreen) ..
But still its better than not getting to play it at all!!

What does everyone else think of this new development??
----
"We are the sons of a new millenium!!"
27.11.2006 - 16:42
Graveshift
Final Fantasy games I have completed = I, II, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX . . . .

hopefully going to get X and X-2 soon and eventually III and XII when they reach The English shore haha ..
----
27.11.2006 - 19:45
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by Graveshift on 27.11.2006 at 16:42

and XII

Yesterday I have played this game at a game convention. Honestly, it was dissapointing. The battle system changed, in a bad way. Final Fantasy games should be fully turn-based, with an ATB system. This is still the same, but not in a seperate screen, or the typical "row". I haven't played much of it, only walked in some desert surrounding with a chocobo at the end, and fought some cactusses, it just wasn't a good impression. The battle system..must be kinda old-schoolish in Final Fantasy. Now it reminded me too much of other games, it just didn't look that enjoyable.

and the character design was horrible, hah. The main character looked like a random person, instead of the unique design of the other games(maybe FFX wasn't that good, the character design was at least good, in this game I was dissapointed by that). so, well, first impressions aren't that well. I do have heard the storyline is much better. I cannot judge about that yet, but the impressions didn't motivate me to buy the game, there are better rpgs released at the moment.

and before that game I played Ateliers Iris 2, which, probably influenced my opinion about Final Fantasy XII too, comparing it with that game isn't really the smartest thing to do.
28.11.2006 - 15:47
Graveshift
Hmm i haven't really looked at the stuff they were changing for XII but i had heard something about making the battle system more real time and something about how characters move in battle??

oh well ... i had hoped that it wasn't going to be so different from the previous FF games ...
well still when i eventually play it hopefully i will like it as much as the others...

i suppose the series has been going a while (is there any other game series that has been running as long?) and perhaps a good thing cannot last forever... shame though ..
----
17.12.2006 - 17:38
..HumanError..
Account deleted
I never knew why, but my favo is FF VIII, the atmosphere, and the music had a great impact on me.
It will always be my favourite game.
18.12.2006 - 04:38
Woven Elegy
Account deleted
Written by [user id=18405] on 17.12.2006 at 17:38

I never knew why, but my favo is FF VIII, the atmosphere, and the music had a great impact on me.
It will always be my favourite game.

I kinda agree with you on this one.
Whilst VII had alot of depth, engaging characters and etc., VII had a bit more complexity to the story, the music and the monster and vehicle designs (I think atleast).
In my opinion it's somewhat a bit more mature than the previous FF games.

I EXPLODE NOW
18.12.2006 - 16:12
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
I think that Final Fantasy VIII lacked, in comparison to other Final Fantasies, in consistency when it came to the battle system.

In FFVIII, you weren't able to use magic as freely as in other Final Fantasies because of how the spells were numbered, limited since they came to be more like items than abilities that could be used limitless as long as you got to refill the magic points. Additionally, this same spells were used to enhance your characters' stats and thus you were forced to think twice before casting a spell for the use of one spell meant the reduction of a status or defense towards and element or status effect, etc.

In addition, one of the coolest features within the game, the limit breaks, was also limited and less practical when it came to enable its use. Limit breaks could only be used when the characters' hit points were low or if they were activated by using the item Aura (or others that I cannot remember right now). Thus, you weren't able to enjoy much of the limit breaks since the option of keeping a character low in his life points was very risky (though, now that I think about it, limit breaks in other FFs are also not too easy to enable, though they are less risky to activate for sure) and we were forced to restore his/her life points before they were killed. Also, items such as Aura came to be limited and thus you couldn't use them whenever you wanted to since they came to be a luxury that you cannot expend irresponsibly, in my opinion.

All this made us rely in Guardian Forces most of the time in order to take care of fiends and this kind of made the battle system's game more boring in comparison to the other FFs.

Regarding FFVIII's storyline, I have to say that the characters didn't have that much background story as in other FFs such as the seventh and the tenth. However, it comes to be understandable after the plot development and how it was meant to be. The story came to be enjoyable nonetheless.

--------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, I have finished my Advent Children AMV. I will try to upload it soon. I think it went out pretty well.
----
Christless
20.12.2006 - 16:20
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
I already uploaded at YouTube the last AMV I did. After struggling in choosing the song that I wanted to use with the Advent Children movie, I finally chose Shadows Fall's "The Art Of Balance". Here is the link for the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwpIQgHnrM4

In order to better understand this video you will need to take in consideration the song's lyrics for they come to be of huge importance to the AMV. Here are the lyrics:

I am sheltered by this apathy
Nothing left to do but torch the day
Retreating deeper into my mind
What is it that i hope to find?

This is the aftermath in me
Tendency to keep it all inside
A fool's disguise

I am strangled by this sympathy
Empty words with no meaning
Must release myself into the void
All illusions must be destroyed

This is the aftermath in me
Tendency to keep it all

How dare you compromise?
The balance of our lives
Excuses you devise
An internal suicide
I struggle to survive
A perfect goal for which to strive
Ignorance cannot disguise

The balance of our lives
Hiding the meaning of
Hiding the meaning of

In Advent Children, we find Cloud struggling with his guilt from the deaths of Aerith and Zack and this comes to affect his relationship with the rest of the party. In this video, I used the lyrics in order to establish a relationship between the song and the scenes from the movie. These relations are based in looking at the lyrics through the possible point of view of Cloud (being it consciously or unconsciously, aware or unaware) and our point of view through him regarding what he lived in this movie.

As an example, allow me to analyze the first stanza of the lyrics:

"I am sheltered by this apathy"

Cloud's guilt and condition (Geostigma) makes him retire from the presence of his frieds. Thus, he is found in an indirect apathy by not being able to see how he is leaving his friends, the ones he loves, behind.

"Nothing left to do but torch the day"

This verse has little to do with Cloud but I used it in order to relate a pretty famous scene of the game/movie with itself. I guess that it comes to be pretty obvious of which scene I am talking about.

"Retreating deeper into my mind"

Following his apathy, we see Cloud retreating himself in the thought of not being able to save anyone after his guilt for the death of Aerith. Thus the scene comes in when Cloud is found along with Tifa at the hotel room at Kalm and when she says that he is "drifting, drifting", what we all do when we venture in the realm of thought.

"What is it that I hope to find?"

In this verse I put the scene where Cloud is with Aerith. In this same scene Cloud tells Aerith that he is hoping to find forgiveness.

I will let the rest to be discovered. I hope you people enjoy it at least a bit.
----
Christless
02.01.2007 - 03:51
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Ok, So After Months of Just Playing FF2 On Weekends due to My T.V's Untimely death, I Finaly Beat it......Yay!
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
09.02.2007 - 01:45
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
Written by AntaeusM on 27.11.2006 at 19:45

Written by Graveshift on 27.11.2006 at 16:42

and XII

Yesterday I have played this game at a game convention. Honestly, it was dissapointing. The battle system changed, in a bad way. Final Fantasy games should be fully turn-based, with an ATB system. This is still the same, but not in a seperate screen, or the typical "row". I haven't played much of it, only walked in some desert surrounding with a chocobo at the end, and fought some cactusses, it just wasn't a good impression. The battle system..must be kinda old-schoolish in Final Fantasy. Now it reminded me too much of other games, it just didn't look that enjoyable.

and the character design was horrible, hah. The main character looked like a random person, instead of the unique design of the other games(maybe FFX wasn't that good, the character design was at least good, in this game I was dissapointed by that). so, well, first impressions aren't that well. I do have heard the storyline is much better. I cannot judge about that yet, but the impressions didn't motivate me to buy the game, there are better rpgs released at the moment.

and before that game I played Ateliers Iris 2, which, probably influenced my opinion about Final Fantasy XII too, comparing it with that game isn't really the smartest thing to do.

12 is actually a breath of fresh air...i like the fact that they changed the battle system....the turn based shit gets annoying and repetitive....and not to mention the license board is a step up from the sphere grid...btw the guy you're talking aout (Vaan) isnt the Main character,there really isnt any Main Character in final fantasy 12...i also like how you can switch up the weapon classes of the characters...for Example Balthier,The Gunner in the group,you can have him use Swords,Bows,or Spears if you desire,so you can customize alot in that sense....my only complaint with this game is how you get loot instead of gil when killing Monsters (wolf hides.Rubys,emeralds) to sell at shops for gil....its too time consuming if you're trying to save up for a more advanced weapon...but other than that...a step up from X...and is the best FF since 6....is has that oldschool FF feel and even has alot of elements of western rpgs

anyways...with the exception of 12....i lost interest in the final fantasy series after 6 ,used to love 7 and 8....but nowadays try and play them....get super bored.but FF Games nowadays are nothing but fancy FMV sequences with a tiny bit of roleplaying like they stopped caring about Gameplay and only concerned with Visuals......but thats pretty much all Modern JRPGs for ya....give me the Nes and Snes FF's or western rpgs anyday

something i never got with final fantasy Fanboys was... how they'll defend the series to the death if someone trash talks...yet all they fucking do whenever a new FF game comes out is nitpick and whine about how its not as good as VII....or how the Main Character isnt as cool as Cloud

...Lame
09.02.2007 - 04:06
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by [user id=14754] on 09.02.2007 at 01:45

12 is actually a breath of fresh air...i like the fact that they changed the battle system....the turn based shit gets annoying and repetitive....and not to mention the license board is a step up from the sphere grid...btw the guy you're talking aout (Vaan) isnt the Main character,there really isnt any Main Character in final fantasy 12...i also like how you can switch up the weapon classes of the characters...for Example Balthier,The Gunner in the group,you can have him use Swords,Bows,or Spears if you desire,so you can customize alot in that sense....my only complaint with this game is how you get loot instead of gil when killing Monsters (wolf hides.Rubys,emeralds) to sell at shops for gil....its too time consuming if you're trying to save up for a more advanced weapon...but other than that...a step up from X...and is the best FF since 6....is has that oldschool FF feel and even has alot of elements of western rpgs

anyways...with the exception of 12....i lost interest in the final fantasy series after 6 ,used to love 7 and 8....but nowadays try and play them....get super bored.but FF Games nowadays are nothing but fancy FMV sequences with a tiny bit of roleplaying like they stopped caring about Gameplay and only concerned with Visuals......but thats pretty much all Modern JRPGs for ya....give me the Nes and Snes FF's or western rpgs anyday

something i never got with final fantasy Fanboys was... how they'll defend the series to the death if someone trash talks...yet all they fucking do whenever a new FF game comes out is nitpick and whine about how its not as good as VII....or how the Main Character isnt as cool as Cloud

...Lame

I hate it that they changed the battle system, because all modern games are losing the turn-based system. I love turn-based fights, but now they are slowly trying to remove that. Mainly for one reason: turn-based isn't mainstream friendly. It is mainly Square-Enix doing though. For example, a jewel such as Valkyrie Profile I got followed by a mediocre game named Valkyrie Profile II. That's because Square-Enix lately don't release rpg games anymore, but adventure games. That includes a non-turn based battle system. which is just horribly dissapointing. I am glad Konami's Suikoden, Dragon Quest and Arc the Lad are still standing strong, otherwise I might also gave up on Jrpgs.

Final Fantasy VII is a jewel, to me..that is not debatable. The game gave you so much space for own exploration(the role-playing element), plus a materia system, plus a heartbreaking storyline. Final Fantasy VIII, IX and X weren't bad games, but they all had their lacks. VIII had a dissapointed narration, IX lacked pleasure and X was too linear. but seriously, by copying a battle system from so many other games, creating a boring cast as in Final Fantasy XII, would you call that "refreshing?". I cannot speak for all the other options in the game. I am going to play Final Fantasy XII, but my expectations aren't so high. Final Fantasy VII was refreshing, Final Fantasy XII can just be added to the last "after Final Fantasy VII".

You may call me a Final Fantasy fanboy now, but I am not. I really like Japanese rpgs. and well, then Final Fantasy is an unavoidable game. It is not nitpicking, or anything like you would like to stereotype fanboys for. It is just an honest formed opinion, after having so much experience with these kind of games.
09.02.2007 - 07:31
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
Written by AntaeusM on 09.02.2007 at 04:06

...Lame

I hate it that they changed the battle system, because all modern games are losing the turn-based system. I love turn-based fights, but now they are slowly trying to remove that. Mainly for one reason: turn-based isn't mainstream friendly. It is mainly Square-Enix doing though. For example, a jewel such as Valkyrie Profile I got followed by a mediocre game named Valkyrie Profile II. That's because Square-Enix lately don't release rpg games anymore, but adventure games. That includes a non-turn based battle system. which is just horribly dissapointing. I am glad Konami's Suikoden, Dragon Quest and Arc the Lad are still standing strong, otherwise I might also gave up on Jrpgs.

Final Fantasy VII is a jewel, to me..that is not debatable. The game gave you so much space for own exploration(the role-playing element), plus a materia system, plus a heartbreaking storyline. Final Fantasy VIII, IX and X weren't bad games, but they all had their lacks. VIII had a dissapointed narration, IX lacked pleasure and X was too linear. but seriously, by copying a battle system from so many other games, creating a boring cast as in Final Fantasy XII, would you call that "refreshing?". I cannot speak for all the other options in the game. I am going to play Final Fantasy XII, but my expectations aren't so high. Final Fantasy VII was refreshing, Final Fantasy XII can just be added to the last "after Final Fantasy VII".

You may call me a Final Fantasy fanboy now, but I am not. I really like Japanese rpgs. and well, then Final Fantasy is an unavoidable game. It is not nitpicking, or anything like you would like to stereotype fanboys for. It is just an honest formed opinion, after having so much experience with these kind of games.

you misunderstood what i said...that thing about the fanboys was in general..as in towards every fanboy i've come across...it was not towards you,it Just Pisses me off how People have to always compare every Game in The Series to 7,not to mention they're milking that whole game for what its worth with spin off and sequels and guest appearances (do you really think soo many people would've played Kingdom Hearts,if Cloud,Squall,and Sephiroth werent in it?.),anyways, this results in future games suffering...i mean look at 9...you said there was no Passion...i actually saw alot of potential with that Game....good characters....decent story...it was too simple though...they should've made it more deep and complex...and not mention alot of the people that hated it wanted a 7 or 8 clone...and it pissed them off that 9 was soo different from those two. Zidane was The Complete Opposite of Squall or Cloud,so with 10,they made the characters and story closer to those two games....and it resulted in a very generic Game....hence why i like 12...its like the "anti VII"....like i said a breath of fresh air,to me 12 is like 4,5,and 6 put into one game and made 3D...and i dont find the characters to be boring...i just find the story and characters to be alot more mature....with a more western RPG feel to the game and less JRPG. the beginning of the game is very slow at first....you'll soon get hooked into it..or you should....

i'm not denying VII is a good game...its just overrated...and dont hold a Candle to VI's Characters or Story
13.02.2007 - 04:38
Woven Elegy
Account deleted
Written by [user id=14754] on 09.02.2007 at 07:31

...Lame

you misunderstood what i said...that thing about the fanboys was in general..as in towards every fanboy i've come across...it was not towards you,it Just Pisses me off how People have to always compare every Game in The Series to 7,not to mention they're milking that whole game for what its worth with spin off and sequels and guest appearances (do you really think soo many people would've played Kingdom Hearts,if Cloud,Squall,and Sephiroth werent in it?.),anyways, this results in future games suffering...i mean look at 9...you said there was no Passion...i actually saw alot of potential with that Game....good characters....decent story...it was too simple though...they should've made it more deep and complex...and not mention alot of the people that hated it wanted a 7 or 8 clone...and it pissed them off that 9 was soo different from those two. Zidane was The Complete Opposite of Squall or Cloud,so with 10,they made the characters and story closer to those two games....and it resulted in a very generic Game....hence why i like 12...its like the "anti VII"....like i said a breath of fresh air,to me 12 is like 4,5,and 6 put into one game and made 3D...and i dont find the characters to be boring...i just find the story and characters to be alot more mature....with a more western RPG feel to the game and less JRPG. the beginning of the game is very slow at first....you'll soon get hooked into it..or you should....

i'm not denying VII is a good game...its just overrated...and dont hold a Candle to VI's Characters or Story

And I wouldnt know about any of this because they haven't released the damn game here yet!
I am hoping it will be enjoyable cause to be honest i didn't like FFX all that much. So fingers crossed for XII
14.02.2007 - 05:43
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
Written by [user id=2134] on 13.02.2007 at 04:38

Written by [user id=14754] on 09.02.2007 at 07:31

...Lame

And I wouldnt know about any of this because they haven't released the damn game here yet!
I am hoping it will be enjoyable cause to be honest i didn't like FFX all that much. So fingers crossed for XII

thats pretty lame...you'd think they'd release it worldwide..and to answer your question....it blows away X.,,,it has The Oldschool Nes/Snes FF feel to it Mixed with The Online Game and western rpgs...

IMO The FF Series should assimilate more western influences.....like make it a more open ended sandbox world like in elder scrolls/Fable....and give the player choices that actually affect the game and mix that with FF's style....honestly that sure would beat all that "on rails story" full of FMV and Grinding which has been "the Last few Games"
25.02.2007 - 23:15
Woven Elegy
Account deleted
Finally got 12 and played it quite a bit. Gotta say it's a real change from previous games in the manner of gameplay, was a big risk but i think it paid off nicely.

Heres the part that got me thinkin. In my mind (and probably only my mind) everytime i think about the story and the characters i think star wars. It's probably just me but look at some of the characters (not all mind you) and the story and see if theres some sort of similarity between them.
24.03.2007 - 05:57
FrOsTmOuRnE 0_o
Account deleted
best game on the PS if i say so myself i really enjoy 7 so much its just awsome espically the story line and everything aboutit and the others through to 12 which i got a few days ago has anyone managed to kill and the dark summon in X completely?

Advent Children was just a amazing based on 7 i think? yeah good movie the best
24.03.2007 - 11:06
Basso
Account deleted
I am at the moment replaying Final Fantasy 7 and what can I say. It still holds the flame worthy of the best game ever. I really love this game, the materia system and the combat system. The characthers are what truly makes this game so great though. Vincet, Cid, Yuffie, Tifa, Cloud, Red XIII, Barret, Aerith, Caith Sith, The Turks, Sepiroth, Rufus, Hojo. So many intressting characthers and the list goes on.

My second fav FF would be IX, I really enjoyed the atmosphere in that game, and it represents the most "fantasy" feeling for me, the battle system wasnt as great here, but it was waighted up by the intressting and lovly charachters Steiner,Freya, Vivi and Dagger (garnet) was so intressting. Especially Vivi, he was such a sad person yet so innocent and cute. The game also had a rather oldschool final fantasy design with the characthers which also helped the feeling to become more fantasyisch. Nothing short of brilliant.

FF 8 is a great game but the battlesystem was flawed like hell and the story was kinda worthless. But there was some incredibly welldone things in it.
Seifer and Squall was both very intressting persons, infact all the characthers in the party and the rivals where all intressting. The thing that made FF8 so special to me though was the Squall - Riona romance. I might sound cheesy but I think that it added alot to the game, and the heavy focus on that romance made it feel a little more mature, and it helped keep the intresst up when the story couldnt.

Final Fantasy X was brilliant. Enjoyed every second of it and I have rerun the game around 5 times. There is nothing to complain about in this game except, on the one that seriously hired a retard to voiceact for the western-version of Tidus. Tidus characther was annoying as it was, and if you add a horrible voiceactor to that its painful to watch. Tidus was what put FF X down in the dirt. Luckily Wacka and Auron was there to balance it up with great voiceacting and intressting persona.

Cant comment FF XI or FF XII, since I am yet to play them.
25.03.2007 - 14:32
AntaeusM
Elite
so.. I gave Final Fantasy XII some more attention, currently I have played it for 6 hours or something. The game has its good and bad sides, and I still have mixed emotions about the game. In one way I like it, but on the other hand I also think it is very lame and just a stupid release.

The new battle system is fun, but not something completely new. It reminds me mostly of games such as .hack. It is a lot more hack'n'slashie with some small hints of the ATB system. I have posted earlier in this topic that I wasn't that fond of this new battle system. In one way I am not, because this new battle system is so typical Square-Enix. Square-Enix wants to gain more fans, and turn-based simply doesn't sell that well anymore, so they changed it to this system. From that point of view I hate it, because Final Fantasy should be turn-based. On the other hand, they made a good alternative, it is enjoyable and fun. They changed it a lot better compared with some other releases of Square-Enix(Valkyrie Profile 2?).

The character design is less good, and the surroundings are a lot more gloomy. I don't really mind the gloomy atmosphere, but I do mind the characters. The characters I have met till now, some of them are really good, but most of them are horrible, and most likely rip-offs from other videogames etc. Vaan reminds me a lot of Hugo from Suikoden III, both his personallity and his character design. Fran reminds me of Storm from X-Men, pretty obvious why. Penelo is a character who directly escaped from Last Exile. I can't remember the name of the girl from Last Exile anymore, but it is the blond girl with the braided tail. Square-Enix dissapointed in the character design.

The storyline is good so far, not too much teen angst or horrible heroic characters like Tidus. I do think the storyline will be very cliché eventually. It isn't the first time a storyline like this has been used. Oh well..for now it is good, and I enjoy it better than the storyline of Final Fantasy X. However, I cannot say much about the storyline till I have completed the game, because for now I only know the begin.

so..to conclude it, it isn't bad, but typical Square-Enix. Perhaps that is the reason why it would never reach the list of my top games, but it is enjoyable when you have to kill some time.
25.03.2007 - 15:08
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
Written by [user id=2134] on 25.02.2007 at 23:15

Heres the part that got me thinkin. In my mind (and probably only my mind) everytime i think about the story and the characters i think star wars. It's probably just me but look at some of the characters (not all mind you) and the story and see if theres some sort of similarity between them.

Squaresoft/Square-Enix have repeatedly mentioned that Star Wars was/is still a huge inspiration for their games. There's thick Star Wars elements throughout them all.
----
25.03.2007 - 19:51
Baz Anderson
Staff
me and my friend just recently completed FFV again on multiplayer, but this time decided that we would devise a team that would be able to beat those dastardly super bosses Omega and Shinryu - and we did!!!

Shinryu was the easiest by far, but Omega was very tough indeed. we only just beat it after quite a few tried - Faris was the only one standing at the end and she only had 600-odd HP left
it was very fun indeed.. one might say an epic battle (haha)

I've got FFVI on the GBA now as well even though it isnt out in this country yet - so I have been playing through that on and off and its going ok so far..
18.05.2007 - 07:07
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
You people must watch this, it is awesome! Look what this Korean Pop singer did in one of her videos to promote her "Sonata of Temptation" single while giving homage to the Advent Children movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcPU17AvJH0

It is incredible. I believe that Advent Children could be easily translated to a movie made with real actors and actresses after watching this. I think we already have someone to personify Tifa.
----
Christless
18.05.2007 - 11:42
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Darth Satanious on 18.05.2007 at 07:07

You people must watch this, it is awesome! Look what this Korean Pop singer did in one of her videos to promote her "Sonata of Temptation" single while giving homage to the Advent Children movie:

It is incredible. I believe that Advent Children could be easily translated to a movie made with real actors and actresses after watching this. I think we already have someone to personify Tifa.

Awww holy shit that was fucking awfull. I seriously hope that Square-enix NEVER make a live-action movie of a FF game... And damn that song sucked, Im still in shock of how bad it was.. Thoose actors doesnt even resemble the characthers other than their clothes and hairstyles. I mean atleast pick someone that has a similar face..
18.05.2007 - 12:06
MadGatsu
Ill probably get flamed here but my fav Final Fantasy game is FF8. \o/ *gets kicked in the face* >< Btw, i played almost all FF from 1 to 6, played 7 and 8. Havent played 9 (but dont want to either), would like to play FFX and FFX-2 but i dont own any Playstation so thats impossible for me. Anyway, even though final fantasy's beyond 8 should be better, i dont think they would be as cool as FF8.

Concerning advent children, i havent watched it yet. Too lazy to download, and i dont want to watch online cause honestly imho it sucks
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
18.05.2007 - 12:30
Basso
Account deleted
Written by MadGatsu on 18.05.2007 at 12:06

Ill probably get flamed here but my fav Final Fantasy game is FF8. \o/ *gets kicked in the face* >< Btw, i played almost all FF from 1 to 6, played 7 and 8. Havent played 9 (but dont want to either), would like to play FFX and FFX-2 but i dont own any Playstation so thats impossible for me. Anyway, even though final fantasy's beyond 8 should be better, i dont think they would be as cool as FF8.

Concerning advent children, i havent watched it yet. Too lazy to download, and i dont want to watch online cause honestly imho it sucks

WHY THE HECK DONT YOU WANT TO PLAY FF IX?!? Its definitly the second best FF after FF 7. Im dead serious, your missing something great..
18.05.2007 - 12:35
MadGatsu
Written by [user id=5394] on 18.05.2007 at 12:30

Written by MadGatsu on 18.05.2007 at 12:06

WHY THE HECK DONT YOU WANT TO PLAY FF IX?!? Its definitly the second best FF after FF 7. Im dead serious, your missing something great..

I dont like the small dudes. Sorry lol Some ppl say ff7 is the best cause of its story and animation and battle system and stuff but to me i didnt like it that much. I like FF8 way more. It looks more realistic. I cant really explain, but the feelings i got when i played FF8 for the first time cant possibly compare to the ones i had when i played FF7. To be FF8 is better in every aspect: music, storyline, battle system and general gameplay, animation etc etc etc
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
18.05.2007 - 12:47
AntaeusM
Elite

The song isn't so bad if you are used to this type of music. I don't like the song though. However, I didn't watch the video for the song.

I hate the video though. For one because they never asked Square-Enix for permission to do this. Obviously, it also crossed the minds of the people who invented Final Fantasy. So if there ever will be a Final Fantasy movie with real actors, then they should make that decision. Not the people who recorded this music video.

The video itself is awful. The animation was a lot better. Also, it goes against my views on Final Fantasy. Don't try to make something realistic what is a fantasy world. Same counts for Final Fantasy. Final Fantasy should be animated, it shouldn't get too realistic.
18.05.2007 - 22:40
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by [user id=5394] on 18.05.2007 at 11:42

Awww holy shit that was fucking awfull. I seriously hope that Square-enix NEVER make a live-action movie of a FF game... And damn that song sucked, Im still in shock of how bad it was.. Thoose actors doesnt even resemble the characthers other than their clothes and hairstyles. I mean atleast pick someone that has a similar face..

Nah, it isn't that bad, you are dramatizing here. The guy who personified Loz may have not resembled him too much but he did a decent job for a non-official video. Just look at how he smiled when he approached Tifa/Ivy by behind. And it isn't as if there could be any other pick for the Tifa character because, hey, it is Ivy's video and she has to appear in it. Do you like Pop? If you don't, it kind of makes sense that you won't like this song to begin with.

I don't know why they shouldn't venture in making a movie such as this. It won't destroy anything and perhaps could result in something enjoyable.

Written by AntaeusM on 18.05.2007 at 12:47

The song isn't so bad if you are used to this type of music. I don't like the song though. However, I didn't watch the video for the song.

I hate the video though. For one because they never asked Square-Enix for permission to do this. Obviously, it also crossed the minds of the people who invented Final Fantasy. So if there ever will be a Final Fantasy movie with real actors, then they should make that decision. Not the people who recorded this music video.

The video itself is awful. The animation was a lot better. Also, it goes against my views on Final Fantasy. Don't try to make something realistic what is a fantasy world. Same counts for Final Fantasy. Final Fantasy should be animated, it shouldn't get too realistic.

And they had to take the video out for that reason but luckily the Internet has shown its worth once again. I don't see why asking or not for permission would make someone to see this video any differently to how they would if the permission was given to begin with. Those are issues independent to the video. Maybe legally and ideally it should have been done this way, but how the video went is not affected by this. I enjoyed it pretty much and it is a pity because I thought that the people would here would like it too, what a turn down.

The video isn't that bad. The choreography is well done, well reproduced. There were some modifications but understandable for the mood of the song and for being an adaptation to a music video. The facial expressions were believable too. I don't know why you people make it seem so awful.

I think I have argued this before with you and how I disagree with that. If that would be the case, such works of fantasy as Lord Of The Rings wouldn't click when brought to live with real actors and actresses.
----
Christless
19.05.2007 - 12:17
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
I don't know about the anti-live action FF. I kind of enjoyed the cosplay pornos.

EDIT: Okay, I watched that video. Fuck, it was terrible(music aside). However, because it was so terrible, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
----
21.05.2007 - 23:39
Inlé
With me Final Fantasy is a very mixed bag now.

In 1998 and since I first played on FFVII... For years I just couldn't get enough of it, learned loads of the music on the piano etc, got all the old school ones in roms, got all the releases up til FFX, but every release after VIII seems to have got progressively worse, and easier... I'm not even brave enough to try XII til it's preowned/down in price, I've heard bad stuff from friends too, even that it's worse than *cringes*... X-2.

Right here's the inevitable order IMO, best to worst:

FFVI
FFVIII
FFVII
FFIV
FFV
FFIII
FFX
FFI
FFIX
FFII
FFX-2

I'm also one of those "spoilsport" people who barely made it through advent children...

On an optimistic note I have been playing FFIII DS recently and think they have done an excellent job with it... New graphics with an "old school" feel is good, and the Sage/Ninja classes aren't ridiculously overpowered anymore, which is great. They haven't done much George Lucasesque tinkering, it's just a nice revamp.