Metal Storm logo
Haggard

17.05.2006 - 14:31
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
Haggard is my alltime favourite band, an excellent combination of classic and death-/thrashmetal, my favourite album of theirs is Eppur Si Muove and my favourite song the title track of that album

cant wait for their new cd which will be released in a short time
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
17.05.2006 - 19:24
Etaín
Got 3 of their albums. But so far ive only gotten into Eppur Si Muove. My fav songs of that one are Per Aspera Ad Astra and Herr Mannelig Gotta start listening to the others too soon.
17.05.2006 - 20:25
Skepnad
Account deleted
I like the band a lot. Thats a combination of classic and metal as I like it. So far I have only "Eppur Si Muove" but that album is just great.
17.05.2006 - 22:01
pyroclasm
Account deleted
Haggard is good, very good . They are really different from other bands. The fact that they've been with 21 members at their most says already enough. I'm thinking of buying a CD of them, probably Epper si Muove. They are also giving a gig realy close to where I live in august, so I'll certainly see them live soon
17.05.2006 - 22:23
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by Guest on 17.05.2006 at 22:01

Haggard is good, very good . They are really different from other bands. The fact that they've been with 21 members at their most says already enough. I'm thinking of buying a CD of them, probably Epper si Muove. They are also giving a gig realy close to where I live in august, so I'll certainly see them live soon

I recommend you Awaking The Centuries, Eppur Si Muove is good, but not as good as Awaking The Centuries, this album is just awesome, I think the music sounds a bit more classic
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
17.05.2006 - 22:31
pyroclasm
Account deleted
I might do that, I'll might let the front cover of the CD make up my mind if I can't deceide myself Since both CD's are probably both very good.
17.05.2006 - 22:58
suinelah
Great band.
I just love their version of Herr Mannelig... in fact, it's my favorite
song at the moment.
----
blessed be,
//suinelah
17.05.2006 - 23:09
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by Guest on 17.05.2006 at 22:31

I might do that, I'll might let the front cover of the CD make up my mind if I can't deceide myself Since both CD's are probably both very good.

well the reason i and mr. alchemist dont agree on the best Haggard album here (i think Eppur Si Muove is best) is that they are both quite diferent, in short Eppur Si Muove is a lot more powerful, with faster drumming, more agressive male vocals and stronger female vocals and the whole cd is faster, Awakening The Centuries contains alot more classical elements and is in overall more atmospheric, bot are very good IMO, but just diferent
----
17.05.2006 - 23:13
pyroclasm
Account deleted
I still have time for buying them, who knows Haggard in my area? probably noone, so the CD's probably won't disappear suddenly from their shelf in the store . And maybe I can get them autographed on top when I buy them at their gig :p THAT would be great!
20.05.2006 - 22:17
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Yes, that would be great.
Since I readed the post of Bas2, I started to think, because Eppur si muove is faster and has stronger voices, and I really like that, it's an excellent album, Awaking the centuries is more classic and atmospheric, which I like very much too, and And Thou Shall Trust... the seer is awesome too, melodic, classic, atmospheric... oh, I can't decide for one album, the 3 are great, so buy the 3 albums
----

Sensorium - Epica
21.05.2006 - 17:11
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
An amazing mix of classical music and death metal. Quite surprised when I first listen to them. Normally I not a big fan of death, but this way it's hard not to.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
28.05.2006 - 09:13
Surtur
Written by Bas on 17.05.2006 at 14:31

Haggard is my alltime favourite band, an excellent combination of classic and death-/thrashmetal, my favourite album of theirs is Eppur Si Muove and my favourite song the title track of that album

cant wait for their new cd which will be released in a short time

Thrash? Haggard can played almost everything but not trash, they're to skillfull for that...And I have to disagree their best album is Awaking the centuries., it's just that it seems more balanced, and the execution of the instruments is damned good...
----
" And every angel needs a tear to laugh "
28.05.2006 - 09:21
Lupas
Maximus
Haggard are the most numbered band i heave ever heard of .
Yes they can do play all the stuff cause they are great . My best album is Awaking the centuries
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
29.05.2006 - 12:20
Woven_Elegy
Account deleted
It's hard to classify what genre of metal haggard are, but i think it's a mixture of classical , symphonic and some death. They're a great band but it's so bloody hard to get their albums here. I only lucked out by a miracle when I found And thou shalt trust...the seer in a second hand music store.
31.05.2006 - 01:22
Alouqua
Account deleted
Written by The Alchemist on 17.05.2006 at 22:23

Written by Guest on 17.05.2006 at 22:01

I recommend you Awaking The Centuries, Eppur Si Muove is good, but not as good as Awaking The Centuries, this album is just awesome, I think the music sounds a bit more classic

I agree with you dear! I love Awaking The Centuries, in my opinion the best of their albums. This I one band I have the pleasure to hear since a "long" time. A very unique sound, yeah, just beautiful music!
31.05.2006 - 04:24
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Yes, excellent music in Awaking the Centuries, but I'm a bit disappointed because watching the lyrics of Heavenly damnation, I noticed that they talk about satan and stuff...
----

Sensorium - Epica
31.05.2006 - 10:44
Woven Elegy
Account deleted
Well with everyones opinion of Awakening the Centuries being better than Eppur Si Muove, I gonna have to go and get it. By the way wasn't there going to be a new album coming out sometime this year?
01.06.2006 - 04:00
Soliloquy
how come no one is talking about their first album? no not progressive, but 'thou shalt trust...the seer'?

the 3 albums are really different from one another. thou shalt trust...is it even a concept album? the tracks are organized in a chapter form, but i failed to see the story behind it. but that album is amazing in a sense that it is more folkish than classical.

awaking the century is an awsome album. some of the songs on the album are just amazing, like the titled track, awaking the century, prophecy fulfilled, and some other. my only petpeeve witht his album is the fact that it is so short!

eppur si mouve, yet another master piece from the band. the album is indeed more agressive than all their previous work, but i dont know, as of whole, i didnt like the album half as much as i liked awaking the century, and thou shalt trust the seer

man it would be awsome tos ee em live!
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
01.06.2006 - 11:47
Joseph
Well Haggard One of my favorite Bands .... i do have one EP , 3 albums , one concert for them !
and they have a great preformance on Stage , but the fist Ep : Progressive is not like the other albums .. not many ppl like it but i do and i liked awaking the century , and thou shalt trust the seer more the new one Eppur si mouve .
in awaking the century i do like Final Victory is an amazing song and olso ! awaking the century song its amazing ... i wish if i can watch them alive
----
Life ends so fast so take your chance and make it last .
03.06.2006 - 18:44
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Classical and Death metal in the same band? I MUST HEAR THEM!! I love death metal, and i have a soft spot of atmospheric classical music within metal, so this band i have to get ahold of.

From what people have previous said with the album picks, i think i'll try and get 'Awaking The Centuries' only because its been described as a more atmoshperic album to the others. Although i will keep an eye out now for anything from the band.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
03.06.2006 - 18:55
Soliloquy
Written by Xtreme Jax on 03.06.2006 at 18:44

Classical and Death metal in the same band? I MUST HEAR THEM!! I love death metal, and i have a soft spot of atmospheric classical music within metal, so this band i have to get ahold of.

From what people have previous said with the album picks, i think i'll try and get 'Awaking The Centuries' only because its been described as a more atmoshperic album to the others. Although i will keep an eye out now for anything from the band.

i dont really know what you like in death metal, or what you consider 'good' in death metal. but the growls used in Haggard's songs are much more unique than any other death metal abnd ive heard. they arent like the stupid scremo's, or grindcore or any other growls eitehr. Asai(the guy who growls in the band) has a really strange, and almost hollow sound. what i mean by 'hollow' is like his voice naturally has a Reverb pedal/effect to it. its a strong voice that is by far, much more distorted than more other bands ive heard, but odly soothing. umm, actually haggard is the reason why i started tolerating growls of all sorts. not that im a fan of death metal, but if its death mixed with folk, classical, doom, gothic or any other symphonic genre, i tend to like it...so yeah.

but if you want more growls by haggard, and wanna stick to the more aggressive sounds of death metal, then i would say go with Eppur Si mouve. reason being that you hear more of the growls in that album than with Awaking the Centuries
----

-Zakk Wylde
03.06.2006 - 19:35
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
I understand you when you describe the growls as 'hollow' and cemented it when you say "but if its death mixed with folk, classical, doom, gothic or any other symphonic genre". Thanks for the info. My music taste lyes in all parts of metal, and am really interested into the atmospheric music in melodic bands, thats why im really keen on listening to what Haggard have to offer.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
03.06.2006 - 22:09
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
as a more precise description of Asis´s (not asai btw ) vocals, they are actually more of an inbetween mix of growls and extremely raspy vocals, kind of like a heavier version of the raspy singing style used in some thrash metal bands, he also "growls" in a way which makes it extremely easy to understand what he sings, which is very nice since Haggard´s lyrics are very good
----
14.06.2006 - 00:56
Soliloquy
/\ asai, asis...whatever

anyways, after listening to 'and thou shalt trust...' after maybe more than a year, i am hooked yet again. i really love the progressive swithces they have in their music in this album. i mean, from a piano solo, it turns into a flute and then the guitar with just one note. this progressive swithces arent there in their awaking the centuries, and eppur si mouve.

but then again, all their albums are different from one another. they change their style drastically. i think thats what makes these guys entertaining.
----

-Zakk Wylde
20.06.2006 - 05:11
Princ_Of_Horror
This band is the best band I have ever listened to,I hope this new album is going to be good as Eppur Si Muove
25.06.2006 - 15:05
duyhung
Account deleted
Just 1 word to describe their music : great !!!
27.06.2006 - 08:58
Endoftherainbow
Haggard is a very unique band... they are also one of my favorite bands Asis Nasseri is one of the best singers I have ever heard he has a fantastic clean singing voice and his growl is amazing and very unique and low. My favorite Haggard album is Awaking the Centuries closely followed by Eppur Si Muove. And Thou Shalt Trust... The Seer is a good album but IMO it just isn't as good as the others. My favorite Haggard songs are Chapter 3: Awaking the Centuries, All'inizio È La Morte, and Of A Might Divine. Anyone who likes intresting, complex, and unique music should definently check out this band.
28.06.2006 - 00:24
DarkMistress
i love them since the first song i listened
----
Wait in fire
09.07.2006 - 05:06
Surtur
Everyone have something to say about their classical style of metal, but their first album is great, maybe it has no classical instruments but they show an awesome skill, great voice as always and is great to hear them in that way...
----
" And every angel needs a tear to laugh "
09.07.2006 - 05:47
Soliloquy
i'm just wondering, wtih 2 paster pieces under their belt, and 2 concept albums as well...what do you suppose their up comming album would be? i mean, who would you think haggard would make an album about? we aready have nostradamus(sp) and Gallalio. who do you think will be the main idea behind their new album? or who do you wish they talked about?

just a suggestion, marco polo. but if they were to do him, they would go to folk metal of the world. i mean, folk of africa, india, austeralica, and china...and that would defeat the purpose of Haggard.
----

-Zakk Wylde