05. I Am Morbid
06. 10 More Dead
07. Destructos VS The Earth / Attack
08. Nevermore
09. Beauty Meets Beast
10. Radikult
11. Profundis - Mea Culpa

Additional info
Release dates: June 6th: Europe, June 7th: North America.

Available in following formats:
- Wooden foldout box
- Metal starpak CD (Outside North America)
- Deluxe digipak CD (North America only)
- Double gatefold LP with download card
- Jewel case CD
- Digital download

Mixed by Sean Beavan for SOS Management Inc. at the Blue Room, Los Angeles, California.

Drums for "Profundis - Mea Culpa", "Destructos VS The Earth / Attack", "Too Extreme!", "Nevermore", "Beauty Meets Beast" and "Existo Vulgoré" recorded at Mana Recording Studios. Engineer: Erik Rutan.

Drums for "I Am Morbid", "Radikult", "Blades For Baal" and "10 More Dead" recorded at Red Room Studios. Enginner: Mark Prator.

Guitars, bass and vocals recorded at D.O.W. Studios. Engineer: Juan "Punchy" Gonzalez.

Vocals for "Existo Vulgoré", "Beauty Meets Beast" and "Profundis - Mea Culpa" recorded with Sean Beavan at the Blue Room, Los Angeles, California.

Cover artwork and booklet design by Gustavo Sazes.

Staff review by
jupitreas
Rating:
N/A
More than any other release in recent times, Morbid Angel's Illud Divinum Insanus has polarized our staff members. As anyone familiar with these Floridian death metal forefathers knows, they just came back from a long 8 year absence with a new album that also features their original vocalist, David Vincent, for the first time in 16 years. Due to the notability of this release, we decided to create a collaborative review, which gives all of the staff members to voice their opinions. Here they are, ranging from most negative to quite positive.

Read more ››
published 13.06.2011 | Comments (61)

Staff pick by
Account deleted
So you thought you'd heard the pinnacle of experimental metal? Think again buster, Morbid Angel are here to please their fanbase with everything they could have ever wanted: rip-roaring hardcore snarls, air-punching electro-beatz, brutal, technical Rammstein-worship and truly forward-thinking lyrical content such as the never before contemplated "KILL A COP COP, KILL A COP, KILL-A-KILL-A-COP!" all of which will have you grabbing your glowsticks, squeezing into your favourite UV neon-latex vest and before you know it you'll be throwing shapes down your local Goth-pit, big-fish, little-fish, cardboard box style. Yeah, Morbid Angel know what they're doing and are making metal sexier than ever before.

!J.O.O.E.!'s picks | More picks ››

Found in 18 lists
Top lists

Comments page 3 / 10

Comments: 294   Visited by: 2092 users
03.06.2011 - 13:32
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Guest on 03.06.2011 at 01:15

Bunch of Musicians sharing their thoughts about the new Morbid Angel album / Season Of Mist news

Woah, I think I lost some respect for a few musicians.

"the extreme metal scene is never gonna be the same again"
-Nergal

Really Nergal? REALLY?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
03.06.2011 - 13:34
Rating: 2
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Well, a lot of those musicians haven't released anything that great in a while anyways, but yeah, I lost some respect as well.

The dude from Mithras definitely dislikes it, however
03.06.2011 - 17:39
Daydream Nation
Account deleted
There's a difference between a "dull repeat of the past" (as one musician mentioned) and a perfect musical evolution. And Morbid Angel's newest is none of these options.
03.06.2011 - 17:56
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 03.06.2011 at 13:32

Written by Guest on 03.06.2011 at 01:15

Bunch of Musicians sharing their thoughts about the new Morbid Angel album / Season Of Mist news

Woah, I think I lost some respect for a few musicians.

"the extreme metal scene is never gonna be the same again"
-Nergal

Really Nergal? REALLY?

His full quote though was:

""The new Morbid Angel album will cause 3rd World War. After June 7th, the extreme metal scene is never gonna be the same again... And I already can't wait the moment I'll be sitting on my sofa listening to "Illus Divinum Insanus" while the world burns! Ha!"

Cause 3rd World War - sounds to me like he knows it's gonna piss a lot of people off.
03.06.2011 - 18:10
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Guest on 03.06.2011 at 17:56

Cause 3rd World War - sounds to me like he knows it's gonna piss a lot of people off.

An album by an important band of a genre is shit won't make any difference in the scene as a whole. That's my point
----
Rod, let me love you.
03.06.2011 - 19:33
Baz Anderson
Staff
Haaa, this album is great! Of course it is completely different from what we expected from Morbid Angel - but I'm really enjoying it.
03.06.2011 - 19:50
Rating: 2
strade
Existo Vulgore sounds like fucking Smooth Criminal. If this is a joke, I'm not laughing. Annie is certainly not OK!
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com
03.06.2011 - 20:31
Rating: 6
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
I'll probably get it if on sale at release, mostly because i've got pretty much everything else they've done and it might be vaguely interesting.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
03.06.2011 - 21:06
Rating: 9
Kub
Written by Darkside Momo on 03.06.2011 at 13:08

Written by Kub on 03.06.2011 at 08:59

This album is getting lambasted on the internet, but so far, after 3 listenings, I still like it. I'm not sure why so many metal fans get so worked up about bands using drum machines and samples, we're not in 80s anymore for fuck's sake.

Well, it's a real drummer that plays on this album. He's called Tim Yeung, and does indeed sound like a machine Quite a change with Pete Sandoval's drumming - for the worse.

Heh, yeah, he does not play on 3 most controversial tracks, I think? That was my impression from the interview with Dave and Trey I read somewhere.

BTW, the guy is doing outstanding job. Substituting for Pete is hell of an assignement.
03.06.2011 - 21:13
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Written by Kub on 03.06.2011 at 21:06

Written by Darkside Momo on 03.06.2011 at 13:08

Written by Kub on 03.06.2011 at 08:59

This album is getting lambasted on the internet, but so far, after 3 listenings, I still like it. I'm not sure why so many metal fans get so worked up about bands using drum machines and samples, we're not in 80s anymore for fuck's sake.

Well, it's a real drummer that plays on this album. He's called Tim Yeung, and does indeed sound like a machine Quite a change with Pete Sandoval's drumming - for the worse.

Heh, yeah, he does not play on 3 most controversial tracks, I think? That was my impression from the interview with Dave and Trey I read somewhere.

BTW, the guy is doing outstanding job. Substituting for Pete is hell of an assignement.

As for the 3 tracks, I don't know, I suppose Tim Yeung played on the whole album - but I'm curious now.
Otherwise, I quite disagree. I don't find his job outstanding, only mechanical and boring. Sure, the fact that's he's precise to a fault is really great, but I don't find any feeling to his play...
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
04.06.2011 - 00:25
Dundamom
Man oh man, what did they do? I really don't wanna be a dick but come on! I've heard basically all of it now and it's just sad, i honestly don't know what they were thinking. There is one good track on this album and it's "Blades For Baal" , it's a good track. Other than that, it goes from mediocre to complete garbage (see Radikult)
There isn't much more i can say about this album, I almost feel bad for them.

Illud Divinum Insanus... IS TERRIBLE!!!
04.06.2011 - 03:46
Kenos
Account deleted
<<The album is to be blamed for massive suicides that followed after hearing the album by thousands of unfortunate metalheads, especially songs like "Radikult", that are inspired by David Vincent's homosexual leanings. It is general agreement that the album should not ever ever be discussed again under any circumstances.>>

Source: Wikipedia.
04.06.2011 - 14:36
Rating: 5
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Written by Guest on 04.06.2011 at 03:46

<<The album is to be blamed for massive suicides that followed after hearing the album by thousands of unfortunate metalheads, especially songs like "Radikult", that are inspired by David Vincent's homosexual leanings. It is general agreement that the album should not ever ever be discussed again under any circumstances.>>

Source: Wikipedia.

LOOL D

Although it's better if real Altars Of Madness or Covenant fans are leave this disc in peace. It really is a disappointment. "Standard" MA songs are OK. The electronic side of the album is terrible. They should have put those songs on another album.
----
04.06.2011 - 17:47
Rating: 3
ravendeath
No! Total waste of time. This is an abomination for death metal...I can't believe it comes from Morbid Angel!
04.06.2011 - 17:53
Tormentor666
Not a Morbid Angel album and a total waste of time. Not worth the time or money.
----
WARFARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
05.06.2011 - 12:16
John Shock
Written by Guest on 02.06.2011 at 20:40

Hey, St. Anger and Unspoken King, you've got a little brother now!

Hey men don't forget that this could be worse that the other 2 or 3 (and there's much more believe me)!
05.06.2011 - 12:57
Rating: 3
Slayer666
As a Death metal album, it's way too plastic and soulless, the drums being more monotonous than.... well, fuck, I can't even find a good comparison.
As an Industrial album, it sounds mighty sloppy and amateurish.
Put those two together and you've got a total fail of an album. I'm so happy I'm not a Morbid Angel fan, I can only image what they feel like. Someone should totally nuke this album with a review.

"Kill a cop, kill a cop..."
I guess puberty hit these guys 20 years too late or something.
05.06.2011 - 17:44
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Don't even ask for me to describe why this crapped the bag as heavily as it did. It's just awful.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
05.06.2011 - 17:56
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Slayer666 on 05.06.2011 at 12:57

Put those two together and you've got a total fail of an album. I'm so happy I'm not a Morbid Angel fan, I can only image what they feel like.

Yeah... I mean, I own their debut and I really like it... But still.. Not a fan but I still feel ofended XD
----
Rod, let me love you.
05.06.2011 - 20:47
Kenos
Account deleted
Get ready for the imminent wild downrating...
05.06.2011 - 21:26
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Written by Guest on 05.06.2011 at 20:47

I predict something around 4.5
----

I am awake"
05.06.2011 - 22:01
Ugh, I can't tell if I have Vulgore or Nevermore stuck in my head since they both sound exactly the same! Plus they're awful songs to have stuck in your head, Vulgore is sooooooo boring. That monotonous drumming, the one word chorus, it's like the 'Imma be' of Death Metal
----
"A victim of someone else's choice
The ones who suffer have no voice"
05.06.2011 - 22:07
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Darkside Momo on 05.06.2011 at 21:26

Seems acurate... I'll bet this album will be on the worst list soon as well.
----
Rod, let me love you.
05.06.2011 - 22:08
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Written by X-Ray Rod on 05.06.2011 at 22:07

Written by Darkside Momo on 05.06.2011 at 21:26

Seems acurate... I'll bet this album will be on the worst list soon as well.

Sure it will, sure it will...
----

I am awake"
06.06.2011 - 00:23
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Quote:
[quote="SomeguyonMetalArchives"]you fools be straight trippin, cause this shit is banging hardcore radical, maniacal and animal, some would even say its...

06.06.2011 - 00:24
(((O)))
Am I cool if I give this album a 10?
06.06.2011 - 00:35
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by (((O))) on 06.06.2011 at 00:24

I was gonna put my vote in for the album, but I can't seem to find an 11 on the scoring list.
06.06.2011 - 00:41
Rating: 6
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I feel very sorry for the band and the album. it is going to be heavily fucked.... (i am talking about it's rating...)
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
06.06.2011 - 00:42
Tetravirulence
Havent heard yet but massively disappointed
----
Metal News Community!! http://head-metal-bangers.blogspot.com

RIP Juhani Palomaki (1977-2010)
06.06.2011 - 00:47
(((O)))
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 06.06.2011 at 00:35

Written by (((O))) on 06.06.2011 at 00:24

I was gonna put my vote in for the album, but I can't seem to find an 11 on the scoring list.

Yeah, they should change the maximum rating to 11 just for this album.

Hits total: 47371 | This month: 125