- Collector's book, including 2 CDs + Blu-ray 12" gatefold LP
- CD jewel case
- Digital download

Recorded at Devasoundz Studios, Athens.
Produced by Peter Tägtgren.

Staff review by
KwonVerge
Rating:
According to Orthodox Easter, Christ will be resurrected by the end of this specific week, springtime unfolds its wings in a shy way, slowly but steadily, the flowers bloom, the butterflies dance and "The Vampire From Nazareth" is about to be awakened. Well, my dear friends, this is the most appropriate moment of the year for a new Septicflesh album.

Read more ››
published 22.04.2011 | Comments (27)

Found in 126 lists
Top lists

Comments page 3 / 13

Comments: 363   Visited by: 2959 users
18.04.2011 - 23:25
Rating: 8
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
Written by Guest on 18.04.2011 at 23:11

Written by Deadmeat on 18.04.2011 at 23:03

Written by Guest on 18.04.2011 at 19:33

Complaining to the staff should be the most effective solution at the moment.
And yes, great album.

i've done it many times in the past but it seems that they dont care or they just cannot stand with ease against all those silly intentional voters...

That's worrying. What can I say? Put 'em in the shoutbox maybe, so that you gain people's support to remove these phony characters from MS once and for all. I actually did that today, as well as some other guy.

If you look at who actually voted theres only 1 "1 rating" and its not from a voter abuser (has SOME variety to his voting range). If he was a vote abuser you would see only 1s and 10a.

as for the album's score deflating, its more of a manner that those who arnt hardcore fans actually getting the opportunity to listen to the album. I can tell you the fact that the album is holding onto its current score is a pretty good testament that this is a pretty good album. I have yet to listen t this yet BUT I know I'll probably at least giving this album an 8.
18.04.2011 - 23:30
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by Paradox0 on 18.04.2011 at 23:25

Written by Guest on 18.04.2011 at 23:11

Written by Deadmeat on 18.04.2011 at 23:03

Written by Guest on 18.04.2011 at 19:33

Complaining to the staff should be the most effective solution at the moment.
And yes, great album.

i've done it many times in the past but it seems that they dont care or they just cannot stand with ease against all those silly intentional voters...

That's worrying. What can I say? Put 'em in the shoutbox maybe, so that you gain people's support to remove these phony characters from MS once and for all. I actually did that today, as well as some other guy.

If you look at who actually voted theres only 1 "1 rating" and its not from a voter abuser (has SOME variety to his voting range). If he was a vote abuser you would see only 1s and 10a.

as for the album's score deflating, its more of a manner that those who arnt hardcore fans actually getting the opportunity to listen to the album. I can tell you the fact that the album is holding onto its current score is a pretty good testament that this is a pretty good album. I have yet to listen t this yet BUT I know I'll probably at least giving this album an 8.

That's the first thing that came to my mind. But, if you look closely at the ratings of the albums released this year, he's trying to eliminate all his "competitors" and boosting his favourite ones by scoring them a 10. The others are just to throw people off the track, basically. That's one half-witted bugger. >:(
18.04.2011 - 23:34
Rating: 9
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher

no mate. after many bans/deletes etc i see that there are many vote abusers who also give other ratings. i am not sure if this guy (that gave "1" at the great mass) is a vote abuser though. i am just unhappy when someone gives the rating "1" so easily.

by the way most votes abusers have the characteristics:

1. only "1"s and "10"s
2. only 1 visit at the site= the day of registering
3. most votes on albums of the year we have (2011 or 2010 for example)...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
18.04.2011 - 23:51
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by Deadmeat on 18.04.2011 at 23:34

i am just unhappy when someone gives the rating "1" so easily.

...and that pretty much smells like a vote abuser to me.
18.04.2011 - 23:53
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Guest on 18.04.2011 at 23:51

Written by Deadmeat on 18.04.2011 at 23:34

i am just unhappy when someone gives the rating "1" so easily.

...and that pretty much smells like a vote abuser to me.

not always but in 9/10 of cases it surely.. smells...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
19.04.2011 - 00:26
Rating: 10
MetalSpider
I find it hard to understand how someone can give this album a 1 out of 10, let alone a 6 or even 7 out of 10. But that, of course is just me, because I personally love the album so much!

Everyone hears and interprets music differently. What some people hear as perfection, someone else may hear as complete garbage. If someone gave this album a 1/10 because they legitimately didn't like it, than I respect that. Its their opinion and whether I agree with it or not is irrelevant. I'm sure there's some music out there that people absolutely love, but I probably hate with a passion lol.

Just my 2 cents.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
19.04.2011 - 00:27
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by MetalSpider on 19.04.2011 at 00:26

I find it hard to understand how someone can give this album a 1 out of 10, let alone a 6 or even 7 out of 10. But that, of course is just me, because I personally love the album so much!

Everyone hears and interprets music differently. What some people hear as perfection, someone else may hear as complete garbage. If someone gave this album a 1/10 because they legitimately didn't like it, than I respect that. Its their opinion and whether I agree with it or not is irrelevant. I'm sure there's some music out there that people absolutely love, but I probably hate with a passion lol.

Just my 2 cents.

Two words, dude: Vote Abusah.
19.04.2011 - 00:30
Rating: 7
@gent_-_orange

Just my 2 cents.

I like this album a lot, and i understand your opinion on opinions but really does this album warrant a one even if the listener didn't like it? (I mean objectively of course) That 1/10 comes off as vote abuse to me.
19.04.2011 - 00:31
MechanisT
Account deleted
Okay, I think I've grasped all the nuances of the album. The verdict? Superb album, and starting to sound better than Communion, in which case, I have no other option but to give a perfect 10 to this masterpiece. I think this is one of those ultra-rare albums which has lived up to it's enormous hype. Brilliant.
19.04.2011 - 00:35
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher

Just my 2 cents.

there are many people who rate albums after listening to them 1 or 2 times. if they like it they keep on listening to it. if not -especially if they dont manage to "get on the album with the first time"- then they give it ratings between 1-4. there are many people who do that. and my problem is not only the fact that they judge in a bad way the albums but also that they are so stupid that they miss the chance to discover something great...
----
19.04.2011 - 00:36
@gent_-_orange
Written by Guest on 19.04.2011 at 00:31

Okay, think I've grasped all the nuances of the album. The verdict? Superb album, and starting to sound better than Communion, in which case, I have no other option than to give a perfect 10 to this masterpiece. I think this is one of those ultra-rare albums which has lived up to it's enormous hype. Brilliant.

Yeh i like this album a lot, Wouldn't say it was perfect mind, But Very good and Easily worth a purchase, Still cant make my mind up between this and Communion.
19.04.2011 - 00:39
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by @gent_-_orange on 19.04.2011 at 00:36

Okay, think I've grasped all the nuances of the album. The verdict? Superb album, and starting to sound better than Communion, in which case, I have no other option than to give a perfect 10 to this masterpiece. I think this is one of those ultra-rare albums which has lived up to it's enormous hype. Brilliant.

Yeh i like this album a lot, Wouldn't say it was perfect mind, But Very good and Easily worth a purchase, Still cant make my mind up between this and Communion.

It took it's time to grow on me. Now, I don't like dishing out 10s that cheaply, but everything leading up to the release (the trailers and all), and ultimately the music itself was so close to perfection (as per my expectations) that I had no other options, really.
19.04.2011 - 00:46
@gent_-_orange
Written by Guest on 19.04.2011 at 00:39

It took it's time to grow on me. Now, I don't like dishing out 10s that cheaply, but everything leading up to the release (the trailers and all), and ultimately the music itself was so close to perfection (as per my expectations) that I had no other options, really.

Good points, Expectations were high and they delivered a very good album under the pressure of releasing after the excellent Communion Regardless this is one of my favourites of the year so far... my rating would be around 8.5 if you could choose it on the rate system... Good stuff
19.04.2011 - 00:47
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by @gent_-_orange on 19.04.2011 at 00:46

Written by Guest on 19.04.2011 at 00:39

Good points, Expectations were high and they delivered a very good album under the pressure of releasing after the excellent Communion Regardless this is one of my favourites of the year so far... my rating would be around 8.5 if you could choose it on the rate system... Good stuff

19.04.2011 - 00:55
MetalSpider
Written by Guest on 19.04.2011 at 00:27

Just my 2 cents.

Well if it is true, than they suck! lol.

Like I said...I personally can't understand how someone could give the album a 1/10...even if they listened to it 10, 20 times and really tried to like it.

In any event, whoever it was that rated it 1/10, I'd definitely want to hear their opinion. Unless of course, like you (and everyone else for that matter lol) said...the guy is just an voting abuser looking to start some shit!
----

19.04.2011 - 00:57
MetalSpider
Written by @gent_-_orange on 19.04.2011 at 00:30

Just my 2 cents.

I like this album a lot, and i understand your opinion on opinions but really does this album warrant a one even if the listener didn't like it? (I mean objectively of course) That 1/10 comes off as vote abuse to me.

I probably know a person or two who would give the album a 1/10. I would politely accept their reasoning with an open mind. And then I'd probably kill them, but thats beside the point lol

You gave the album an 8? thats too low...in my opinion lol ....Im just kidding.
----

19.04.2011 - 00:57
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by MetalSpider on 19.04.2011 at 00:55

Just my 2 cents.

Like I said...I personally can't understand how someone could give the album a 1/10...even if they listened to it 10, 20 times and really tried to like it.

In any event, whoever it was that rated it 1/10, I'd definitely want to hear their opinion. Unless of course, like you (and everyone else for that matter lol) said...the guy is just an voting abuser looking to start some shit!

The main objective as far as that guy is concerned is to elevate his favourite albums by "sabotaging" it's competitors. Cheap, underhanded tactics, indeed. Just look at his ratings for albums released in 2011 and you'll see what I mean.
19.04.2011 - 00:59
MetalSpider
Written by Guest on 19.04.2011 at 00:57

Just my 2 cents.

The main objective as far as that guy is concerned is to elevate his favourite albums by "sabotaging" it's competitors. Cheap, underhanded tactics, indeed. Just look at his ratings for albums released in 2011 and you'll see what I mean.

Oh you can see who rated the album a 1/10? I didn't know you could do that.
----

19.04.2011 - 01:01
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by MetalSpider on 19.04.2011 at 00:59

Just my 2 cents.

Obviously, dude. Why would anyone risk their neck without having any proper evidence to back up the rant, otherwise?
19.04.2011 - 01:02
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher

you can see everything on MS. it is like big brother
----
19.04.2011 - 01:04
MetalSpider
Written by Guest on 19.04.2011 at 01:01

Just my 2 cents.

Obviously, dude. Why would anyone risk their neck without having any proper evidence to back up the rant, otherwise?

Because some people tend to do that anyways? lol
----

19.04.2011 - 01:06
MetalSpider
Written by Deadmeat on 19.04.2011 at 01:02

you can see everything on MS. it is like big brother

....I should be careful I guess haha
----

@gent_-_orange

I probably know a person or two who would give the album a 1/10. I would politely accept their reasoning with an open mind. And then I'd probably kill them, but thats beside the point lol

Ha-ha NP man, like I said above my rating would be around 8.5 if you could vote .5 on the rating system. The music here is very good its well Written, Intense, Well produced etc, There is nothing wrong with this album for me... But just because there is nothing wrong with it doesn't mean an album should get a 10 if you know what I mean.... Too each his own though
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by MetalSpider on 19.04.2011 at 01:04

Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, I guess so. Some people just have it coming, spreading all retarded shit like that.
19.04.2011 - 01:10
MetalSpider
Written by @gent_-_orange on 19.04.2011 at 01:06

Ha-ha NP man, like I said above my rating would be around 8.5 if you could vote .5 on the rating system. The music here is very good its well Written, Intense, Well produced etc, There is nothing wrong with this album for me... But just because there is nothing wrong with it doesn't mean an album should get a 10 if you know what I mean.... Too each his own though

lol thats cool. I agree, not every album as amazing as it may be necessarily warrants a 10. This album for me, however, definitely warrants a 10. If I could give it an 11/10 I would lol. In some ways, this is the kind of album I've been searching for, for as long as Ive been listening to metal!
----

19.04.2011 - 01:11
Evilquince
This album is literally the only thing I've been listening to in the last few days. The orchestrations are completely sick, the atmosphere dark and haunting, lyrics and vocals damn perfect. I thought Communion was impossible to top, but I changed my mind very quickly.
----
Some suffer to the point when they grow numb.
Others are so numb they deserve to suffer.
19.04.2011 - 01:12
MetalSpider
Written by Guest on 19.04.2011 at 01:06

Written by MetalSpider on 19.04.2011 at 01:04

Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, I guess so. Some people just have it coming, spreading all retarded shit like that.

Agreed...some people deserve it for sure.
----

19.04.2011 - 01:25
Darkmember
Album of the year for sure.
----
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
19.04.2011 - 02:03
Dominus
The Shooter
This album is fucking  awesome!
Will easily become one of my favorite albums of the year.
19.04.2011 - 03:08
ChibiDemigod
Better better than god and satan! Epic!

Hits total: 73254 | This month: 148