Release date: February 2011

01. The Virgin Sacrifice (Intro)
02. Demonic Call To Play
03. The Priests From Babylon
04. Crucifix In Fire
05. Bleed For The Gods Of War
06. Hamartia
07. Personifying Procrastination

Encountering some trouble writing this review?there are only so many ways to say that an album sucks--I turned to the kind persons at Dyson for help. They assisted me with the composition of the following:

I know that giving young bands shit can be a shitty thing to do. Especially when they're from a country with a metal scene the size of Sri Lanka's. But sometimes one encounters an amateur album so insultingly bland that he can't resist the urge. This is one of those cases. Unholy Sermon's The Sacrificial Rite is utterly flavorless.

The production, for starters, is dull. And not in the trve, cold sort of way either. Just dull. The vocalist's voice sounds stretched and strained. It lacks power. The keyboard intros and fills are uninteresting. The drumming is mid-paced and remains so throughout. And so forth. It's bland, lifeless mush. There's nothing extreme or risky about it. And it sucks. Almost as hard as a Dyson DC25 Multi Floor.

The album cover looks like a composite image of every other satanic melodic black metal album. Graveyard, check. Boobs, check. Pentagrams, check. Seen it all before. Which is a good indicator for the music underneath. You've probably heard it all before. A story as old as post-2nd wave melodic black metal: Amateur band copies their predecessors, adding splashes of melody randomly, thinking that, if they sound awful, they must be krieg. Which sucks. Just like the ultra-lightweight Dyson DC26.

It has to be noted, however, that there are a few solid riffs and solos on this. And that's normally enough for me. But their scarcity is annoying. The guitarist has some skill, but he seems to hesitate too much. He yields to the average performances from his band mates and lets them dominate the songs. Add to that the fact that he's all over the genre spectrum during this. When a thrash groove is developing, he kills it with some melodeath. When black metal is tremoloing its way into a fury, he backs down and plays more melodeath. Fluctuation can be good, don't get me wrong, but he doesn't have a good feel for it. Not yet at least. And that sucks. Almost as hard as a Dyson DC35 (who ever said vacuums need cords?).

In sum, Vacuum Cleaners are way more exciting than this album. Especially the Bagless ones. So, I'd advise you to not waste your time with it.

Written on 26.05.2011 by Wormdrink's real name is George and he's an American.

Comments page 2 / 2

Comments: 43   Visited by: 271 users
01.06.2011 - 01:58
wormdrink414

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.05.2011 at 23:30

Btw check out the review on lordsofmetal on June 2 for a totally different perspective on this ;X

Who is this guy? What makes him think he's allowed to disagree with me?...

Nah, but you have made me consider re-visiting the album. Well, at least, for a second you did. My stubbornness won't allow it.

@Unholy Sermon: Quit being a good sport! Makes me feel like an asshole.
01.06.2011 - 02:17
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by unholysermon on 01.06.2011 at 00:08

This Same album was Rated 83/100 By Lords Of Metal http://www.lordsofmetal.nl/showreview.php?id=19136&lang=en

and A+ by the sunday leader magazine so i would suggest you guys to give our music a listen and then judge us \m/ and thanks George (wormdrink414) for the Review

Yeah, if I were you I'd be happy. I know most of the reviews where I bomb an album tend to see more hits than my luke-warm/positive reviews. So better promotion I guess?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
01.06.2011 - 02:36
unholysermon

Written by Doc G. on 01.06.2011 at 02:17

This Same album was Rated 83/100 By Lords Of Metal http://www.lordsofmetal.nl/showreview.php?id=19136&lang=en

and A+ by the sunday leader magazine so i would suggest you guys to give our music a listen and then judge us \m/ and thanks George (wormdrink414) for the Review

Yeah, if I were you I'd be happy. I know most of the reviews where I bomb an album tend to see more hits than my luke-warm/positive reviews. So better promotion I guess?

haha true...im sure most people would want to check out how "vaccum" sounds like ... and yes i have seen an increase in our myspace hits and video views after this review..its either u like it or u hate it....so i would suggest the readers to check out our myspace and have their own views rather than not checking it out at all ... sometimes good things could come out of bad and i am indeed happy that this negative feedback on our album has led to some sort of promotion and awareness and i think george did a good job with it and spoke his mind about the album
01.06.2011 - 03:21
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by unholysermon on 01.06.2011 at 02:36

I'll probably check this out just because you're being so damn nice about this.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
01.06.2011 - 03:26
wormdrink414

haha true...im sure most people would want to check out how "vaccum" sounds like ... and yes i have seen an increase in our myspace hits and video views after this review..its either u like it or u hate it....so i would suggest the readers to check out our myspace and have their own views rather than not checking it out at all ... sometimes good things could come out of bad and i am indeed happy that this negative feedback on our album has led to some sort of promotion and awareness and i think george did a good job with it and spoke his mind about the album

I'm glad if this is really helping you out. I have to think that, with the amount of variation in this album, you guys will benefit from better production equipment and all that jazz. That and clearly a number of people like this, so I'm happy to, uh, help.

At any rate, I'm surprised by how coolly you're taking this. This is how I picture you look (even though I've probably seen your picture). Cheers and best wishes and all that.
01.06.2011 - 03:31
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by wormdrink414 on 01.06.2011 at 03:26

I'm glad if this is really helping you out. I have to think that, with the amount of variation in this album, you guys will benefit from better production equipment and all that jazz. That and clearly a number of people like this, so I'm happy to, uh, help.

At any rate, I'm surprised by how coolly you're taking this. This is how I picture you look (even though I've probably seen your picture). Cheers and best wishes and all that.

Sorry, but I can't help but picture you like this right now
01.06.2011 - 03:44
wormdrink414

Written by Guest on 01.06.2011 at 03:31

That's about right. This is a better depiction though.

On a separate note, I need to stop doing this. I just learned how and I'm afraid I might have a problem.
01.06.2011 - 03:54
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by wormdrink414 on 01.06.2011 at 03:44

Written by Guest on 01.06.2011 at 03:31

That's about right. This is a better depiction though.

On a separate note, I need to stop doing this. I just learned how and I'm afraid I might have a problem.

I actually forget the code every time and have to log into my Last.fm account and look under the BBC... whatsit... code thing.
01.06.2011 - 12:10
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by wormdrink414 on 01.06.2011 at 01:58

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.05.2011 at 23:30

Btw check out the review on lordsofmetal on June 2 for a totally different perspective on this ;X

Who is this guy? What makes him think he's allowed to disagree with me?...

Nah, but you have made me consider re-visiting the album. Well, at least, for a second you did. My stubbornness won't allow it.

@Unholy Sermon: Quit being a good sport! Makes me feel like an asshole.

Who do you think it is?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.06.2011 - 12:19
wormdrink414

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.06.2011 at 12:10

Who do you think it is?

Dunno. Just some bastard probably.

(there I go again with the link embedding... )
01.06.2011 - 12:29
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by wormdrink414 on 01.06.2011 at 12:19

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.06.2011 at 12:10

Who do you think it is?

Dunno. Just some bastard probably.

(there I go again with the link embedding... )

Jesus, that guy IS ugly and looks drunk
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.06.2011 - 12:46
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser

Written by Doc G. on 01.06.2011 at 02:17

As they say - any publicity is good publicity. If your music evoked such strong opinions one way or another, it means you're at least creating something that makes an impact. Which is better than creating something forgettable in my opinion.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
03.06.2011 - 10:38
Maxx666
Meshuggahian
Worst album i have ever heard.... i regret the very fact that i even heard it.. even 4.5 rating is wayy too high for this piece of worthless crap

Hits total: 7626 | This month: 9