09. The Pit Of Hands
10. Man Crusher
11. Time Killer Shitter
12. The Church Forever
13. Anomaly Reached: Supernova Remnant N 63A
14. I Gave Up
15. Axis Mundi
16. I'm A Wisdom

Jesus H. Christ. Isn't this a frantic sounding little record? Here I was hoping for a nice Disney Channel listen, somewhere along the lines of Jonas Brothers or Selena Gomez, I was severely disappointed. Oh well, there's always other albums out there. Oh well, I guess it's close enough...

Now, there's different levels and varieties of frantic, rabid intensity; there's your blisteringly speedy thrash, chainsaw black metal, brutal death metal, then there's Intensus levels of intense. As much as I was hoping to rip this project apart based solely on it's masturbatory name, I just can't. I'll hand it to 'em, it is intense. It's really comparable to Between The Buried And Me in a major way - the song structures giving off the appearance of having no structure. It's a wild beat-down of randomized riffs being thrown at you in rapid succession.

Contrary to what the name may imply, Intensus is a lot less self-worshipping in their music than many bands of this grindy-mathcore type music. Many bands seem to fellate themselves for an overextended amount of time, to the point where it ceases to be music, and once again, becomes more of a sport. The chaos in this line of music starts to lose it's power if played past the 4 minute mark, mastermind behind Intensus Eli Litwin seems to have an understanding of this, and thus writes songs accordingly.

Now, as fun as it is, it's also a horribly frustrating album at the same time. The onslaught of constantly shifting riffs and time signatures which makes this album exciting also makes it unlistenable at times. One minute you want to gnaw your own leg off, then use it as a faux-guitar (in a good way), quickly followed by a moment where you feel the need to stab yourself in the face with something (in a bad way). Chaotic music does have a tendency to do that, so I suppose the goal was achieved.

Written on 15.07.2011 by Former EIC. Now just a reviewer guy.

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 136 users
15.07.2011 - 10:07
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
WORST REVIEW EVER THIS IS TOTALLY GRIND METALCORE NOT MATHCORE RABBLE!

Anyways, sounds interesting enough.
15.07.2011 - 12:58
malaikat
THIS ISN'T (insert genre) IT'S (insert genre) GOD THIS REVIEW SUCKS I HATE YOU SO MUCH
15.07.2011 - 13:22
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Have to agree that seeing you call this band grind mathcore made me lose all respect for you as a music critic because these guys are clearly not grind mathcore and imo never have been.

You fucking suck.
______

Hehehehe this is funny. In all seriousness though, gonna check this out. It's not onw of the genres I like the most but it might be something fun. If it was to fucked up for you to not give it a number then it will be sort of interesting.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.

Hits total: 3333 | This month: 13