03. Human Dust
04. Sludge City
05. V: The Childsnatcher
06. Prosthetic Erection
07. Years Of Disgust
08. Fisted To The Point Of Regurgitation
09. Deities
10. Before The Throne Of infection

Let me say this at the very beginning - I am not a deathcore fan by any means. The only band I listen to from time to time is Suicide Silence, so you need to understand that this review is written from a point of view of a man that's a complete layman considering this genre, and I gave this CD a spin because a friend of mine advertised it to me as a "unique slab of death metal with deathcore influences". In this case, you might disagree with me when I call this album shitty (and my friend deaf).

So, what is it that we actually get on this record? Well, I'd say it's the most generic deathcore one can imagine. Even the intro contains a breakdown, for heaven's sake! If you're into this kind of music, you will find everything you need - innumerable breakdowns, pig squeals and brutal growls (neither of which give any kind of idea what the band's singing about) and gangsta shouting. They all form a forgettable mass which was proudly named "Before the Throne of Infection". It all lasts barely thirty minutes, which is ridiculous. It's not a grindcore record, is it? If you want to get to know the content of the album, you might as well choose one song and listen to it. Guess why. The band tries to kill the overall boredom and monotony with some sweet guitar sounds in "The Childsnatcher". Honestly, I've no idea why they decided to include such an interlude, but it just makes the whole record even more irritating and absurd.

How about the lyrics then? Maybe the band focused on writing thoughtful words and that's why they neglected the musical part? Let the lyrics for "Prosthetic Erection" be the answer:

"Thrust my rotting member deep inside her oozing gash, pushing deeply
Pushing deep, as deep as I can, feeling blood squelch against my cock
I like the feel of the worms against my shaft
Fuck my stock, just for fun, just for kicks"

I really wanted to come up with some clever summary of the review, but I think that this album doesn't deserve more beating. I guess the genre lovers will be satisfied, and for adults there are too many great bands deserving their attention to waste time on Annotations Of An Autopsy.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 5
Songwriting: 3
Originality: 3
Production: 5

Written by s7mon | 12.02.2012

Guest review disclaimer:
This is a guest review, which means it does not necessarily represent the point of view of the MS Staff.

Comments

Comments: 1   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 64 users
18.02.2012 - 04:03
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Bad, but not 2.7 bad.

5.2 for me.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS

Hits total: 2811 | This month: 11