10. From Vice to Crutch
11. Conquering Mind
12. Media's Portrayal
13. Destructive Energies
14. Anti-Music
15. Led To Slaughter
16. Brought Up Bitter
17. Humanufactured

RAWWWRARAAAARARAWWWARAAAARRRARARARAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Crashing through the walls at 1200 feet per second, this British Columbian trio is here to tear shit up. The mix of powerviolence and grindcore will tear your head off, push your body in front of a truck and fornicate with your mother, all in just under 25 minutes.

Vicious, rampaging vocals tied together with chugging down-tuned guitars and fast, blast happy drums tie together to create a musical explosion. The vocals ignite the powered keg; they're fast, hungry, and ready to kill. The drums follow, with a snare so tight, it's a wonder it doesn't explode itself. The blastbeats tie nicely with the punk d-beats that are often displayed in the rare, slower section. The guitar comes in at number three, but don't be fooled, bronze certainly isn't bad in this battle. Chugging, heavy and fast, the riffs come at you like a World War II kamikaze. The 17 songs are, in reality, one large aural blast, and with little difference between the tracks they seem to blur together. The only thing keeping them from truly becoming one is the short buffer before each track begins.

If you're a grindcore fan, then chances are you've heard something similar to this; however, the lack of identity is easily covered up by the sheer amount of greatness that this album extrudes. Everything ties together perfectly. The drums and guitar, the vocals, the slightly hazy production, the length; it all flows together into one massive grindcore assault.

And there you have it, a short review, for a short album. Listen here.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 6
Production: 8

Written by Boxcar Willy | 13.12.2012

Comments

Comments: 9   Visited by: 265 users
13.12.2012 - 01:27
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
"push your body in front of a truck and fornicate with your mother"

Love it
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
13.12.2012 - 02:15
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Susan on 13.12.2012 at 01:27

"push your body in front of a truck and fornicate with your mother"

Love it

You love that kind of behaviour?! I've misjudged you, Susan...
13.12.2012 - 04:12
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Wow, your 50th review in only a year (well, 10 months really). Kudos.
13.12.2012 - 05:49
Rating: 9
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Guest on 13.12.2012 at 04:12

Wow, your 50th review in only a year (well, 10 months really). Kudos.

Too bad half of them suck
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
13.12.2012 - 08:55
Machiavelli
Account deleted
Thanks for pointing this out, Boxcar. I'm not a big grindcore fan but this won me over and the song LED TO SLAUGHTER was excellent... I have become a mechanical human being now...
13.12.2012 - 21:11
Raging Dreamer
Most entertaining review EVER!
It was the "RAWWWRARAAAARARAWWWARAAAARRRARARARAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!" that caught my attention. Great stuff!
16.12.2012 - 17:41
Iron Nostarion
Maiden Whore
Lack of identity is never compensated for a listener like me, so I'll have to skip this.. :l
----
To their tombs the people are immured,
There is their gold, treasure and wealth,
The only condition is to ignore them,
Those who feed on corruption and weave death
21.12.2012 - 10:23
INÆRIS
This album is so much fun. I really enjoyed it.
----
Still Life, Still Death
21.01.2013 - 00:05
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Originality score hardly matters anymore for this type of grind/pv. I've been listening since the start, and these guys are absolutely phenomenal. Probably the best young Canadian grind band. I usually like my grind infused with some powerviolence or crust and this influence is readily apparent in SBB. Plus, the attitude of the band is one of grind fuckery, no bullshit, and drinking insane amounts of the cheapest beer around, which you really can't go wrong with (well...). Along with Agathocles and Archagathus, I'd argue that they're the best active grind band, and I shall certainly be purchasing the 7"s, and anything else they release this year.

Hits total: 4972 | This month: 6