Metal Storm logo
Albums that seriously need a re-release?

Original post

Posted by Mega-Slayer, 07.12.2006 - 05:55
Are there albums you really want to hear,but cant find or afford to get them?What albums would you like to see re-issued?You think the arists would want to give their albums a second chance,but it must be to much cash.There are plenty of albums I want and have heard that should be made available to the metal community and others,once again:

"Sabbat-Dreamweaver",cant find any samples or anything,and it is rather spendy.

"Hexenhaus-A Tribute To Insanity"It has been said that finding this is like winning the lottery,its currently on ebay,and already at $42.

"Deathrow-Raging Steel"I have read they were classic german thrash,but cant find shit.

"Master-On The Seventh Day God Created...Master"I am really curious to hear this,Paul Masdival played guitar on it,and John Tardy did some backing vocals.

"Brutality-Screams Of Anguish"stated that it is classic technical death,and I wish I could find out.

"Nocturnus-Thresholds"Finally got my hands on "The Key",and this is even more rare.

"Monstrosity-Imperial Doom"I now am proud to say I own it,won it last week form germany,but it really needs to be available to the death metal community,I haven't even heard all of the tracks yet.

"Ripping Corpse-Dreaming With The Dead"I have heard most of this,lots of cool riffs and obscure horror filled lyrics,Erik Rutan's first band,you think he would've released again.

I would also like to see Demolition Hammer,Ressurection,Incubus,Iron Angel,Slaughter(canada),Mortal Sin and many more.Anyone else want to add to the list?
26.05.2007 - 04:24
Cut-Throat
From Beyond by Massacre needs to be re-released. earache should do a double disc one side being the album and the other being a dvd with some live footage like what they did with altars of madness by morbid angel.
26.05.2007 - 23:33
Nazeef
I thinks albums like:
-dark saga. Iced earth
-requiem. Bathory
-ride the lightening. Metallica
----
http://www.myspace.com/shallishine
27.05.2007 - 00:16
Inlé
See my avatar, lol, this thing can cost 40+ quid used for gods sake

Heathens stuff too, in fact there's tons of less well known 80's thrash that could do with it...
27.05.2007 - 00:47
Mega-Slayer
Written by Inlé on 27.05.2007 at 00:16

Heathens stuff too, in fact there's tons of less well known 80's thrash that could do with it...

Yeah,I have yet to get any Artillery,so many good albums,so little time, or more like money.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
27.05.2007 - 18:26
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite

Heathen's debut album has been re-released by Century Media quite some time ago with as bonus tracks most of their Pray For Death demo.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.05.2007 - 22:52
Inlé
Haha I have to eat my words a bit, on amazon there are a lot of old school thrash albums saying pre-order, even Artillery's Terror Squad, lol/yay... Fear my unparalelled skill at missing things, looks like 2007 will be a good year for re-releases after all when it comes to thrash.

Sorry if I'm just restating what everyone knows, it wouldn't be the first time *prepares to dodge "no shit sherlocks"*

And thanks for the heads up on that Marcel, wasn't into them that long ago so that one had passed me by... heh
06.06.2007 - 12:34
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
Nightwish - Angels Fall First (preferably with Tarja still singing)

Megadeth - Killing is my Business (It would sound so much better with much clearer guitar work.)

Emperor - Into the Nightside Eclipse (It would be interesting to hear a much better produced version)

Octavia Sperate - Winter Enclosure (It has great songs with piss pour production)
13.06.2007 - 08:09
Uller
am...

skydancer - dark tranquillity

the gallery - dark tranquillity

all ancestor's (kalmah at the beginning) albums!! i can't get any of them and they are awesome!

the first albums of arch enemy with angela singing
----
13.06.2007 - 20:21
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
count me in the "reissue Nocturnus' old albums" camp.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
14.06.2007 - 07:20
Black Mass
Psalm 69 - Ministry
14.06.2007 - 16:46
Stigmatized
How about re-releasing anything Joe Wolfe did before Heinous Killings? That would be nice...
16.06.2007 - 05:38
Dan066
Account deleted
I think Metallica's AJFA and some Morbid Angel albums.
18.06.2007 - 06:35
Torture Killer
Account deleted
testament-Return To The Apocalyptic City

What does AJFA stand for?
18.06.2007 - 11:48
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
..And Justice For All
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
18.06.2007 - 13:14
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Hm, since I'm all over the re-release of Dimmu Borgir's Stormblast recently, I guess For All Tid would also deserve a proper re-release. I would also add Metallica's ''Ride The Lightning'', Theatres Des Vampire's ''Suicide Vampire'', Theatre of Tragedy's ''1994 Demo'', the first self titled album ''Theatre of Targedy'' and ''Velvet Darkness They Fear'' and HIM's first demo songs ''Serpent Ride'', ''Borellus'' and ''The Phnatom Gate''.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
02.08.2007 - 03:27
Opium
Account deleted
I've been listening to Racer X quite frequently as of late and it came to my attention that their first two albums desperately need a re-release. The recording volume of their first two albums is that of demo quality, but the sound itself is fine. I find it odd that they haven't come around to doing so, I mean there'd have to be a massive audience for this, seeing the amount of praise Paul Gilbert gets as it is.
04.08.2007 - 23:54
selken
Irreligious
X Japan albums need a re-release
and Destruction first three albums NEED a remaster
----
01.12.2007 - 20:37
Bash'
:)
From the first sight I saw this...

Eternal Tears Of Sorrow' first two albums...

one of the greatest bunch of melodies in an album with the worst recording... sigh sigh sigh sigh sigh sigh
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
02.12.2007 - 14:00
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Written by Mega-Slayer on 27.05.2007 at 00:47

Yeah,I have yet to get any Artillery,so many good albums,so little time, or more like money.

Here's a limited edition Artillery boxset, limited to 1500 copies. Last time I checked there was three left. If you're fast you might be lucky.

http://targetshop.dk/dk/30891/Artillery/Through_The_Years/

It's about $84.6. If you're having trouble buying it, let me know I'll help you.
----
THRASH!!!
02.12.2007 - 14:57
Syk
myspace/bonerama
I find it odd that people want reissues of Metallica albums, Ride/MoP/Justice anyway... the metal retailers around here usually have several copies in stock for each of these.

I know... well, believe would be a better word... Carcass' albums are getting rereleased soon, and I can't wait to get my hands on the ones I don't already have!

I don't know much about rare releases but I sure would like to see Kataklysm's early works on the store shelves for once. Actually, Wargasm might be a good band to name in this thread, I want all their stuff but have never seen any.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
02.12.2007 - 22:16
Woutjinho
Account deleted
first of all; why you need a re-release?
secondly: if you want a re-release, why the hell do you need any metallica album to be re-issued like Syk said. quality is good, the band is in bad shape which they cant compete with what they already did, the cds are in every fucking store and those dudes dont need any more money
04.12.2007 - 08:38
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Author on 02.12.2007 at 22:16
I believe this thread is about very rare albums that "should be" more readily available for purchase. Did you read the first post? Have you heard of all of those bands and albums? If your answer is "no", well, I think that's the point
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
04.12.2007 - 08:48
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
There are plenty of albums that need to be re-released on vinyl. It may sound ridiculous but very true. Almost bought the Atheist vinyl boxset on eBay for $40.
04.12.2007 - 17:58
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by DrunkenFuck on 02.12.2007 at 14:00

Written by Mega-Slayer on 27.05.2007 at 00:47

Here's a limited edition Artillery boxset, limited to 1500 copies. Last time I checked there was three left. If you're fast you might be lucky.

http://targetshop.dk/dk/30891/Artillery/Through_The_Years/

It's about $84.6. If you're having trouble buying it, let me know I'll help you.

Like all of the Metal Mind re-releases it is actually limited to 2000 copies.
As for availability... I saw a couple of copies of it last week at Boudisque Amsterdam (where I got my copy from as well a couple of weeks ago)
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.12.2007 - 18:01
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Syk on 04.12.2007 at 08:38

I believe this thread is about very rare albums that "should be" more readily available for purchase. Did you read the first post? Have you heard of all of those bands and albums? If your answer is "no", well, I think that's the point

Yes, this thread is about bands and albums that are out of print and therefore nigh to impossible to get hold off at a normal price.

So... Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, etc. should NOT be mentioned here.

This is about bands such as Blessed Death (re-released about two months ago by Metal Mind only 2000 copies), Morbid Saint, the first Demigod album, Demillich, Toxik (also re-released finally by Metal Mind and Displeased) etc.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.12.2007 - 21:02
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.12.2007 at 18:01

Yes, this thread is about bands and albums that are out of print and therefore nigh to impossible to get hold off at a normal price.

This is about bands such as Blessed Death (re-released about two months ago by Metal Mind only 2000 copies), Morbid Saint, the first Demigod album, Demillich, Toxik (also re-released finally by Metal Mind and Displeased) etc.

exactly
i cant think of any album that should be re-released
19.12.2007 - 10:20
Mega-Slayer
Written by Author on 04.12.2007 at 21:02

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.12.2007 at 18:01

exactly
i cant think of any album that should be re-released

Well you should check my wanted list then
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
20.12.2007 - 03:39
Torture Killer
Account deleted
Dark Angel-Darkness Descends
20.12.2007 - 04:55
Sepulchre
Lord Hypnos
Dark Tranquillity - Skydancer
20.12.2007 - 21:45
Too many fail.
all old carcass and suffocation albums need to be rerecorded with decent production, i cant stand this diarrhea inducing mess theyve recorded.
----
Here is my actual theory beyond the huge, hilarious jokes I have: If you're so pro-life and you're so pro-child, then adopt one that's already here, that's very unwanted and very alone and needs someone to take care of it.
- Bill Hicks